Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Feb 2006 (Tuesday) 09:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Downloading to PC all Photo's ????

JCurtisxx
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 09:50 |  #1

This might seem a really daft question, but I bought this camera (Canon EOS 350) this weekend and I am just sat here pulling my hair out how to download more than one photo at a time to my pc.

I have installed all the software that comes with it and it all seems just allow me to only download one image, and I just cant believe that there is noway I cant do them all at once.

Please please can someone help me cos I am sure I must just be missing the obvious here.

Jill Curtis
Rebel XT 350D, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm - love the lens !!!
"TOTAL NEWBIE, and frustrated but loving every mistake I am making" !

sponsored links
rdsmith3
690 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 09:58 |  #2

Not sure if this answers your question, but the easiest way to move pictures from your camera to your PC is with a card reader. In my case, I use a laptop. The CF card from the camera fits into a thing that goes in the card slot of my laptop. You can also get a card reader that plugs into the USB port.

The computer reads the CF card just like another drive. No software is needed. Then I select all the photos and move them to whatever directory I want on my PC. It is quick and easy.

Bob Gear List

The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! (Matt. 6:22-23)

JCurtisxx
THREAD ­ STARTER
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 10:01 as a reply to  @ rdsmith3's post |  #3

thanks for replying :}

if you dont have a card reader though .. what software would you use. I have a ph photosmart printer that allows to read from my card reader but from past experience only allows so many photo's at a time. I dont have any slots on my pc to allow me to do a direct read from a card, which is why I need some software advice.

Jill Curtis

Longwatcher
obsolete as of this post
3,908 posts
Joined Sep 2002

Feb 28, 2006 10:19 as a reply to  @ JCurtisxx's post |  #4

I use the CF card reader method these days, but I am fairly sure that Canon software that came with the camera has the ability to auto download all the images from the camera. It used to when my D60 was my primary camera.

I think it was remote capture or zoom browser, one of those two would download all the pictures from the camera when it connected up.

"Save the model, Save the camera, The Photographer can be repaired"
www.longwatcher.com (external link)
1DsMkIII as primary camera with f2.8L zooms and the 85L
http://www.longwatcher​.com/photoequipment.ht​m (external link)

JCurtisxx
THREAD ­ STARTER
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 10:29 as a reply to  @ Longwatcher's post |  #5

yeap it sure came with software and I can work out how to capture one photo but not many ..

as you can see I am still sat here trying to work it out :}}

btw .. what capture card is recommend ? I just looked up bestbuy one : http://www.bestbuy.com …=product&id=108​9890487405 (external link)

- would this work ?

Jill Curtis

BTBeilke
827 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 28, 2006 10:31 as a reply to  @ Longwatcher's post |  #6

Longwatcher wrote:
I think it was remote capture or zoom browser, one of those two would download all the pictures from the camera when it connected up.

Like Longwatcher, I now use a card reader. I just find it easier and I don't need to leave the camera on (and drain the camera batteries) while the pics are downloading. And card readers are fairly cheap these days.

Having said that, before the card reader, I used ZoomBrowser EX which would download all of the files at one time. What software did you get with the camera and what software are you currently trying to use?

Blane
Gear List

JCurtisxx
THREAD ­ STARTER
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 10:33 as a reply to  @ BTBeilke's post |  #7

Zoombrowser Ex

but when I try and click the acquire images etc it just wont let me. It just closes up and does nothing. Although I click on the other buttons and they work.

I am positive this is "user error" but this user just cant work out what the heck she is doing :}

Jill Curtis

BTBeilke
827 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 28, 2006 10:36 as a reply to  @ JCurtisxx's post |  #8

JCurtisxx wrote:
btw .. what capture card is recommend ? I just looked up bestbuy one : http://www.bestbuy.com …=product&id=108​9890487405 (external link)

- would this work ?

JCurtis, that is the same reader that I use and it works great.

Blane
Gear List

RWK
207 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 10:38 as a reply to  @ BTBeilke's post |  #9

Your camera should have come with 3 CDs in the box. The one labeled Canon EOS Digital Solutions, is th eone you want to load into your computer. Then hook up the camera.

That program moves all your photos over without the card reader. The first box to check is Starts to Download Images. That one will move all the photos.

Rebel T4i 18-55 IS Kit Lens :cool:
Rebel XT Kit Lens
EF-S 17-85
EF 50 1.8
EF 70-300
EF-S 18-135 STM

JCurtisxx
THREAD ­ STARTER
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 10:51 as a reply to  @ RWK's post |  #10

"The first box to check is Starts to Download Images. That one will move all the photos."

please !!

in "idiot guide" instructions .. can you tell me which software this box is in, and where it is. Cos I cant find it !

Jill Curtis

JCurtisxx
THREAD ­ STARTER
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 11:16 as a reply to  @ JCurtisxx's post |  #11

Thanks everyone but I have solved this !!

The software I had wasnt working right, so I downloaded the upgrade for the same version and bingo .. its now working !!

Jill Curtis

Longwatcher
obsolete as of this post
3,908 posts
Joined Sep 2002

Feb 28, 2006 14:43 as a reply to  @ JCurtisxx's post |  #12

JCurtisxx wrote:
Thanks everyone but I have solved this !!

The software I had wasnt working right, so I downloaded the upgrade for the same version and bingo .. its now working !!

great that the software now works for you,

BTW the link for the card looks identical to the card reader I use as well. very fast, although it occasionally hiccups on Lexar cards (Go figure it being a Sandisk reader). No data lost, I just have to unplug and plug back in for the card reader to read correctly. Very fast at least mine is.

"Save the model, Save the camera, The Photographer can be repaired"
www.longwatcher.com (external link)
1DsMkIII as primary camera with f2.8L zooms and the 85L
http://www.longwatcher​.com/photoequipment.ht​m (external link)

JCurtisxx
THREAD ­ STARTER
243 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 28, 2006 15:57 as a reply to  @ Longwatcher's post |  #13

I am curious ..

After I have solved the problem my photo's now download great (& Fast) with the software I got with my camera .. so what would be the advantage of getting a card reader instead ?

Jill Curtis

lakiluno
slightly jealous
2,895 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 28, 2006 16:53 |  #14

you do not have to leave your camera turned on, it allows faster read and write speeds, it means you can fill up more than one card and dump them all to your computer...

And BTW, I find a program called "Picasa" is great. It allows you to copy your photos across, puts them in the right place and supports all normal formats (including RAW)

and its free!

Leo

Leo
20D|Tamron 17-50 2.8|Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro|50 1.8|Sigma EF-500 DG Super|
My Photo Gallery (external link) *New* | My Gear List | Backup Photos Easily with Robocopy

rdsmith3
690 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 01, 2006 08:48 as a reply to  @ JCurtisxx's post |  #15

JCurtisxx wrote:
I am curious ..

After I have solved the problem my photo's now download great (& Fast) with the software I got with my camera .. so what would be the advantage of getting a card reader instead ?

For me, the card reader is very convenient. There are no cables to fiddle with. I just insert the CF card into the holder and then insert into the card slot in my laptop. It is so simple. As others have said, you also do not drain the camera batteries.

The card reader I use was only $9.95 at Adorama, so it won't break the bank.

Bob Gear List

The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! (Matt. 6:22-23)

sponsored links

2,049 views & 0 likes for this thread
Downloading to PC all Photo's ????
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.