Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 May 2011 (Sunday) 13:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D - is mine a bit of a lemon?

dane606
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2011

May 08, 2011 13:36 |  #1

Hi All - bought a 60d yesterday and love it - got a great deal on a 24-105 L lens too. Problem is, when i grip the camera, I can feel a little knock like something isn't quite right - if i grip the other side, this slight click repeats as i 'manipulate' the grip back and forth. Is this a general thing to expect from the build quality or should I be rushing this back?

took the battery out and it seems this it happens when the battery is in - so something somewhere must be a little flexible. Its like the pop you hear when you wiggle your jaw from side to side!

Many thanks for any help

D

sponsored links
David ­ Ransley
673 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2008

May 08, 2011 15:31 |  #2

Go back to a shop and operate that camera with your lens. Listen for the sound and take you battery as well.

DRH

twixraider
114 posts
Joined May 2011

May 08, 2011 15:33 |  #3

dane606 wrote in post #12370870 (external link)
Hi All - bought a 60d yesterday and love it - got a great deal on a 24-105 L lens too. Problem is, when i grip the camera, I can feel a little knock like something isn't quite right - if i grip the other side, this slight click repeats as i 'manipulate' the grip back and forth. Is this a general thing to expect from the build quality or should I be rushing this back?

took the battery out and it seems this it happens when the battery is in - so something somewhere must be a little flexible. Its like the pop you hear when you wiggle your jaw from side to side!

Many thanks for any help

D

Is this your first Canon SLR? I ask, because a light klick is normal for Canon SLR cameras. This comes from the landscape, portrait sensor. So your camera knows when to rotate the picture for preview.

Super Rebel, | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, | EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS, |EF 50mm f/1.8 II, |Canon 580EX II.

tmwag
Brown Noser has crush on Suzyview
2,641 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Feb 2009

May 08, 2011 15:34 |  #4

Orientation sensor

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

May 08, 2011 15:35 |  #5

IS on the lens?

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

dane606
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2011

May 08, 2011 15:47 |  #6

camera is held flat and not switched on - would this still be the sensor?

dane606
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2011

May 08, 2011 15:47 |  #7

even with lens removed!

Keyan
Cream of the Crop
5,319 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2011

May 08, 2011 19:10 |  #8

Try playing with one in the shop and see if it is the same. Mine seems pretty solid... How hard are you squeezing it?

Cameras: 7D2, S100
Lenses: 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, 18-135 STM, 24-70 f/4L IS USM, 50 f/1.4 USM,70-300L IS USM
Other Stuff: 430 EX II, Luma Labs Loop 3, CamRanger

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 08, 2011 22:04 |  #9

Did you buy it new? Take it back and compare it. If it was used, find another one in a shop and see if does the same thing (I doubt it will).

sponsored links

1,245 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D - is mine a bit of a lemon?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.