Some quick background/info before giving your comments:
- Canon 400 2.8L II history - Purchased from Adorama used department, UL date code (2006), 7.5/10 cosmetically (chip paint, small dent in front rubber hood, scratches), 9.5/10 optics (clean front/rear element with no signs of internal dirt/dust), drop-in filter fully functional and secure, digital camo cover from Lenscoat.com, RRS foot support, metal storage case, and strap. No hood lens, though.
- I shoot mainly weddings, e-sessions, portraitures, landscapes, and product photography.
- I rarely shoot wildlife, ocean going mammals, birds-in-flight, animals, and/or the moon.
- Already have 35L, 50L, 85L, and 135L primes in my inventory (complete gear list on my sig, if that weighs into your comments).
- If I need extra reach, I have Kenko Pro 300 TCons 1.4x and 2x to apply.