Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 11 May 2011 (Wednesday) 01:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Time lapse of worshipers at a temple for Buddha's birthday in Changwon, South Korea

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 11, 2011 01:14 |  #1

Nothing special, but some of my friends think it's neat....just a quick time lapse of this special occasion with my G9 taken yesterday. Sorry about the flare, this was the only place to set up my camera without it being in the way or stepped on.

http://www.flickr.com …5709339538/in/p​hotostream (external link)

Hope you like it :)
Tamas

-=Prints For Sale at PIXELS=- (external link)
-=Facebook=- (external link)
-=Flickr=- (external link)

-=Gear=-

sponsored links
robndubai
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 11, 2011 03:50 |  #2

Pretty cool, what timer did you use to do this? I've been shopping for a time lapse timer recently but haven't decided on one.

Cheers

satuman
52 posts
Joined Jan 2010

May 11, 2011 04:09 |  #3

very impressive emotionally, technicality notwithstanding.

Kevan
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007

May 11, 2011 07:46 |  #4

Yuh just gotta love the power that little camera can offer. I liked this alot.

kevan's lens (external link)

denncald
Goldmember
2,115 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Mar 2008

May 11, 2011 13:54 |  #5

robndubai wrote in post #12388015 (external link)
Pretty cool, what timer did you use to do this? I've been shopping for a time lapse timer recently but haven't decided on one.

The G9 has the time lapse feature as one of the Movie modes;

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

g9 time lapse (external link) by dhc42 (external link), on Flickr

It's nice to have, but I hardly use it. They stopped providing the capability with the G10.

Dennis

LowriderS10
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 11, 2011 18:20 |  #6

robndubai wrote in post #12388015 (external link)

Cheers

Thanks! The G9 has a built-in intervalmeter. You can take shots at 1 fps or 0.5 fps (ie: one shot every two seconds) and it plays it back at 15fps.

satuman wrote in post #12388058 (external link)
very impressive emotionally, technicality notwithstanding.

Thank you :) It was an awesome experience being there. I'm trying to make the most of the year or two I have in Korea and moments like this are definitely standouts.

Kevan_G9 wrote in post #12388560 (external link)
Yuh just gotta love the power that little camera can offer. I liked this alot.

Thanks very much. Absolutely, I love my little G9. It's not perfect, but for the price of a mid-range point and shoot (I bought it used) I have a top-notch compact with a ton of awesome features. Can't complain!

denncald wrote in post #12390499 (external link)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

It's nice to have, but I hardly use it. They stopped providing the capability with the G10.

Dennis

This is true. I'm not sure if any of the earlier ones had it, but my old G7 had it as well. When that camera got stolen I was tempted to go to a G10 or G11, but I love this feature and use it fairly often, so I went with the G9.

-=Gear=-

tmcman
Goldmember
4,409 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2007

May 12, 2011 07:25 |  #7

What was your shooting interval?
Interesting to note that the buffer and battery can handle that...
I'd have to get a separate intervalometer but I like the idea of shooting human events this way.
Thanks.

Comments, Questions, Observations Welcome
Fuji X-T2, 18-55mm, Gitzo 1541 w/ Markins M10 ballhead.
"Art always shows itself by doing much with few and simple things." Arthur Wesley Dow

robndubai
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 12, 2011 09:58 |  #8

Nice, I have a G9 and never realized this feature existed. Love what I learn on this forum!

Thanks

LowriderS10
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 12, 2011 19:45 |  #9

tmcman: Shooting interval was 1fps. (You can select either 1fps or 0.5 fps), playback is always 15fps.

Yeah, the battery has no troubles with it...after the first minute, it turns the LCD off and then it's just one picture a second. I once did a time-lapse of me sleeping for the hell of it, and the battery lasted a few hours...I'll see if I can find that vid...it's nothing interesting, I thought I did crazy things in my sleep, but turns out I don't.

rob: Glad I could help! :)

-=Gear=-

denncald
Goldmember
2,115 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Mar 2008

May 13, 2011 14:17 |  #10

LowriderS10 wrote in post #12398843 (external link)
I once did a time-lapse of me sleeping for the hell of it, and the battery lasted a few hours...I'll see if I can find that vid...it's nothing interesting, I thought I did crazy things in my sleep, but turns out I don't.

My time lapse video is going to be more boring than yours. I did one to record whether or not our new kitchen faucet had a drip or not. My wife said it was defective and dripped constantly. I could never see the dripping she said was there, so I set the G9 on a small tripod and made a time lapse. I don't recall whether I set it to shoot at one second intervals or two seconds. The resulting time lapse lasts two minutes though. Enjoy, but get a cup of coffee first...

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=edE1HeoizQY (external link)

Dennis

LowriderS10
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 15, 2011 18:20 |  #11

HAHAHA...I can't believe someone found a practical use for that function...my hat's off to you, sir!

Also, here's another video (real time one with real sound) from the same temple on the same day:

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=CeLF-unVlhA (external link)

-=Gear=-

LowriderS10
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 15, 2011 18:28 |  #12

denncald wrote in post #12390499 (external link)
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Dennis

Hmmm...2 hours? I'll have to check into that...I did a time-lapse of me sleeping and I swear it went for more than 2 hrs...I'll try to dig up the video....

-=Gear=-

sponsored links

2,364 views & 0 likes for this thread
Time lapse of worshipers at a temple for Buddha's birthday in Changwon, South Korea
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.