Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 18 Dec 2008 (Thursday) 02:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DFW Texas members! Show of hands..

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

May 11, 2011 10:01 |  #376

Probably means that they updated their DNS servers - which means you're operating on stale DNS. Try using opendns.com - set your DNS to their server and it should resolve.

Open DNS is usually the best way to go, it prevents things like this. Your ISP is often crappy about refreshing their own DNS server, which results in things like this.

The good thing is, there's not much traffic there, so it's not like you're missing much... ;-)a

sponsored links
apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 11, 2011 10:06 |  #377

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12389191 (external link)
Probably means that they updated their DNS servers - which means you're operating on stale DNS. Try using opendns.com - set your DNS to their server and it should resolve.

Open DNS is usually the best way to go, it prevents things like this. Your ISP is often crappy about refreshing their own DNS server, which results in things like this.

The good thing is, there's not much traffic there, so it's not like you're missing much... ;-)a

Big lols and ain't that the truth!

Todd - you're totally smart or something...

Christopher Cross | Apixelintime.com | Nightographer.com (coming soon)
Altering reality one pixel at a time.
A clicky thing | Severial twisty things | A couple of flashy things | A bunch of other things
Posing Guide (external link) | Galleries (external link) | flickr (external link) | FaceBook (external link) | Blog (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Joined May 2009

May 11, 2011 10:33 |  #378

apixelintime wrote in post #12389212 (external link)
Big lols and ain't that the truth!

Todd - you're totally smart or something...

Nah.... just been around a LONG time! LOL

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Joined May 2009

May 11, 2011 12:11 |  #379

Well, looks like it's back down again. Abel must be having server issues.

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 11, 2011 13:21 |  #380

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12389891 (external link)
Well, looks like it's back down again. Abel must be having server issues.

Maybe... ITs okay - wes all here anyways!

Remember when people used to post on here to have meet-ups locally in DFW?

Wonder what ever happened to all of the people who said that they would love to meet up, then would call at the last minute and say that they couldn't make it?

A clicky thing | Severial twisty things | A couple of flashy things | A bunch of other things
Posing Guide (external link) | Galleries (external link) | flickr (external link) | FaceBook (external link) | Blog (external link)

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,493 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 11, 2011 17:48 |  #381

apixelintime wrote in post #12390315 (external link)
Maybe... ITs okay - wes all here anyways!

Remember when people used to post on here to have meet-ups locally in DFW?

Wonder what ever happened to all of the people who said that they would love to meet up, then would call at the last minute and say that they couldn't make it?

I did that one time, hate being a no show. I'd still like to try it again. BTW just tried again and I'm able to get on the other forum, guess it was just a matter of time.

Butch ­ Cassidy
462 posts
Joined Nov 2009

May 11, 2011 19:02 as a reply to  @ macroshooter1970's post |  #382

That is how the III Amigo's got started.

TODD has been around " A LONG TIME"

Butch Cassidy " Might have to rob a train, for more gear money"
50D _ 85 f1.8 USM _ 16-35 f2.8 L IS USM _ 24-70 2.8 L USM _ 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM _ 300 f2.8 L IS USM _ 580 EX 11

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,493 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2011 13:36 |  #383

Just throwing it out there. Anyone doing anything this weekend.

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Joined May 2009

May 12, 2011 13:43 |  #384

What time do you want to meet up?

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,493 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2011 14:04 |  #385

I'm free anytime Saturday, day or night. Should be done sanding the bathroom walls Friday night. I picked up a 10-20mm that I'm just iching to use already. I just don't have a tripod if it's a night shoot, I know you are really into that. I am as well, just never bought a new tripod and head yet.

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 12, 2011 14:18 |  #386

Crap Todd - I almost forgot - I have the that plate... It followed me home attached to my camera...

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Joined May 2009

May 12, 2011 14:22 |  #387

macroshooter1970 wrote in post #12397034 (external link)
I'm free anytime Saturday, day or night. Should be done sanding the bathroom walls Friday night. I picked up a 10-20mm that I'm just iching to use already. I just don't have a tripod if it's a night shoot, I know you are really into that. I am as well, just never bought a new tripod and head yet.

No worries... I have an extra tripod that I loan to people who forget their tripods, etc... (Ehhhh hhmmm: apixelintime!)

apixelintime wrote in post #12397120 (external link)
Crap Todd - I almost forgot - I have the that plate... It followed me home attached to my camera...

No worries... The rental fee was only $1 a day... :p

I have extra plates...

macroshooter1970
Cream of the Crop
7,493 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 12, 2011 14:23 |  #388

Thanks.

Your pm box is full, gotta run and finish working but. I'll shoot anything, macro, birds, busted up broken down buildings, streets, the universe lol. I'm open to anything.

apixelintime
Goldmember
2,123 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 12, 2011 14:41 |  #389

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12397152 (external link)
No worries... I have an extra tripod that I loan to people who forget their tripods, etc... (Ehhhh hhmmm: apixelintime!)

No worries... The rental fee was only $1 a day... :p

I have extra plates...

Was that before or after the wobble discount - lol!

Okay, I wont stress too much getting that back to you. It will be in the front pocket of my bag, unless you scream too loudly before our next outting.

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Joined May 2009

May 12, 2011 14:58 |  #390

Hey, I never said it was a good tripod! Maybe a step above sitting it on a rolled up towel or something.

Mike, I'm up for just about anything too. We can maybe do something downtown or maybe over in Fort Worth? Late afternoon.. then shoot sunset and some night skylines or something?

I can't go too far as my car needs tires... and maintenance work... (been driving way too much lately!)

sponsored links

74,733 views & 0 likes for this thread
DFW Texas members! Show of hands..
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.