Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 10 May 2011 (Tuesday) 15:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding photography, bride and groom, Ice Cream

peterboroughphotography
81 posts
Joined May 2010

May 10, 2011 15:51 |  #1

Great wedding venue at Oakham Castle near Stamford.

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/5706508880_fd82a08638_z.jpg

http://www.peterboroug​hphotography.com - Wedding Photography and Event Photographer (external link)
http://www.paulnicolso​n.co.uk - Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links
cupic
133 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 11, 2011 04:52 |  #2

This is "Gold", is a great ice breaker and is something not really see too much before TFS

cheers

Svetlana
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Joined May 2008

May 11, 2011 13:47 |  #3

For some reason (even though I love the colors) I'm not too thrilled about this photo - the groom has a weird expression, the maid of honor looks mad and the guests are looking away. A different angle might have helped.

Canon 7D, 5Dmk2, 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS, Canon 50 1.2L, 35 1.4L, 85 1.8, Canon 16-35L, Canon 100 2.8L IS Macro, Speedlight 580EX II x 2, 430 EX, enthusiasm.:D http://svetlanayanova.​com/ (external link)

Join me on Facebook (external link)! :)

peterboroughphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
81 posts
Joined May 2010

May 12, 2011 02:54 |  #4

Svetlana wrote in post #12390464 (external link)
For some reason (even though I love the colors) I'm not too thrilled about this photo - the groom has a weird expression, the maid of honor looks mad and the guests are looking away. A different angle might have helped.

Guys I have only posted the shots I have not given to the bride and groom, Im waiting for them to make a selection. I feel its only fair a professional photographer to give the happy bride and groom first look at the pictures I have taken for them.

I have much better pictures of this shot, just waitng and I will re-post.

http://www.peterboroug​hphotography.com - Wedding Photography and Event Photographer (external link)
http://www.paulnicolso​n.co.uk - Wedding Photographer (external link)

ReflektionsPhotography
363 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 12, 2011 05:57 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

I'm seriously just asking this, so no flaming. :D

When someone posts to the sharing forum, weddings, family events, etc in particular, are the OPs just supposed assume it's a CC forum and brace for whatever we lay out on them? Or is it primarily a sharing section first, and then we add CC if it's requested?

Canon 5D Mark II, 1D Mark IV, 580EX II x2, PW Flex TT1 & TT5s (x2), Canon 17-40L (for sale), 24-70L (for sale), 70-200L 2.8 mark ii, 135L, 100 usm macro, Sigma 50 1.4,. Software: Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS4. WTB: 16-35 2.8 ii, Sigma 85 1.4

Svetlana
Goldmember
3,357 posts
Joined May 2008

May 12, 2011 17:32 |  #6

Usually people here will give you their honest opinion about the photos...if all you expect is "Wow" and "Nice pics" then you won't be learning anything. ;)

To the OP - I am waiting for the other set of photos from this wedding now.:)

Canon 7D, 5Dmk2, 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS, Canon 50 1.2L, 35 1.4L, 85 1.8, Canon 16-35L, Canon 100 2.8L IS Macro, Speedlight 580EX II x 2, 430 EX, enthusiasm.:D http://svetlanayanova.​com/ (external link)

Join me on Facebook (external link)! :)

Red ­ Tie ­ Photography
Goldmember
3,575 posts
Joined Nov 2009

May 12, 2011 22:05 |  #7

ReflektionsPhotography wrote in post #12394645 (external link)
I'm seriously just asking this, so no flaming. :D

When someone posts to the sharing forum, weddings, family events, etc in particular, are the OPs just supposed assume it's a CC forum and brace for whatever we lay out on them? Or is it primarily a sharing section first, and then we add CC if it's requested?

If I feel like giving C&C, I do. There is no real reason to post photos here and not want anyone to say anything about it. If they dont want to read, fine by me. The comments may be able to help someone else.

Bryan
Gear List (external link)
San Diego Wedding Photography - Red Tie Photography (external link)
Red Tie Photography Blog (external link)

ReflektionsPhotography
363 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 12, 2011 23:16 |  #8
bannedPermanent ban

Oh I see. Usually in my post I'll state if I'm just sharing or I'm seeking cc.

But it's not uncommon for me to have Brain farts online.

Usually when I post stuff and ask for cc and I don't get any it's usually because my pics are so bad nobody wants to start! :D

:(

Canon 5D Mark II, 1D Mark IV, 580EX II x2, PW Flex TT1 & TT5s (x2), Canon 17-40L (for sale), 24-70L (for sale), 70-200L 2.8 mark ii, 135L, 100 usm macro, Sigma 50 1.4,. Software: Lightroom 3, Photoshop CS4. WTB: 16-35 2.8 ii, Sigma 85 1.4

ReflektionsPhotography
363 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 12, 2011 23:17 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

Oh and I learn a lot from peoples comments. Usually. :D

memoriesoftomorrow
Goldmember
3,846 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 13, 2011 18:42 |  #10

Svetlana wrote in post #12390464 (external link)
A different angle might have helped.

I have to agree with you on that front. If you move past the fact that the van is quite colourful the composition seems a little awkward. My eyes are lead to reading "soft whipped" then looking to the groom.

I also agree with Bryan that it is pretty much a given that people are going to comment on pictures posted in this in one way or another, good or bad. Otherwise my comment for this picture would be something like "Hmn... a picture of a groom eating ice cream" which offers nothing at all to anyone.

Peter

PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 13, 2011 22:54 |  #11

I also love the colors but am not a fan of the framing. The truck is cut off, the roof of the castle is cut off, and the woman on the right is missing her leg. A wider angle would've rocked this shot OR a little tighter and a different angle (more direct on the truck and the bride and groom). Right now my eyes just aren't sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

sponsored links

4,292 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding photography, bride and groom, Ice Cream
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.