Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 09 May 2011 (Monday) 15:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My one week old Pitbull pups

sgdkstar
35 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 11, 2011 07:22 as a reply to  @ post 12388245 |  #16

I'm not being a snob, I'm being realistic. I have 2 mutts from BYB's.
Go work at a shelter for awhile and watch how many "purebred Pittbulls" come in that the owners thought they could find great homes for.. big surprise, now they're in a shelter and more than likely going to be PTS. Or just browse CL, thousands of ads for Pit Bull pups.

Not to say that dogs with papers don't end up in shelters, but if the breeder has papers on the dogs, and takes the time (and spends the money) to health test, and also work their dogs (whether is be in conformation, or other dog sports), the pups are usually sold before they are born, with a contract. Health testing, to me, is VERY important; if I'm going to spend X amount on a dog, it's parents better have their hips, eyes, elbows, patella's & cardiac done, as well as any breed specific health issues (like Ataxia for Am Staffs).
I'm not against breeding, or breeders (I have a dog from a breeder myself), but I am against irresponsible breeding, and about 95% of breeders are irresponsible and shouldn't be breeding dogs.

WOW! Last time I checked this was a thread dedicated to sharing photos of pets. With all due respect, your soap box rant about the justice or in-justice associated with dog breeding, has no business in this thread. Maybe you would be better suited to join a different forum, dedicated to breeding dogs.

Btw, great pic of your Non-Papered, unhealthy, bred to attack, on the way to euthanasia, poor pedigree, good for nothing 1 week old puppies! I like them!

GEEEESH....

5d3 - 24-702.8vc - 501.4 - 851.8 - 70-2002.8 is mk1 - 2002.8

sponsored links
kady05
248 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 11, 2011 11:01 |  #17

sgdkstar wrote in post #12388468 (external link)
WOW! Last time I checked this was a thread dedicated to sharing photos of pets. With all due respect, your soap box rant about the justice or in-justice associated with dog breeding, has no business in this thread. Maybe you would be better suited to join a different forum, dedicated to breeding dogs.

Btw, great pic of your Non-Papered, unhealthy, bred to attack, on the way to euthanasia, poor pedigree, good for nothing 1 week old puppies! I like them!

GEEEESH....

No soap box, just giving my opinion, which I'm entitled to. I am a member of other dog forums, and the majority of members there have my same opinion.. and would actually say it in a much meaner way.

I own Pit Bulls, and also know that 1 in 500 Pit Bulls make it out of shelters alive, & I'm very passionate about the breed.

Anywho, I'm done, hope for the sake of the pups that they're being sold with spay/neuter contracts, or aren't sold until they are spayed/neutered.. Pit Bull Rescue Center offers free or low cost S/N for anyone that applies, for anyone interested.

- Kady
5D Mark III | 70-200mm f/4 | 85mm f/1.8 | 17-40mm f/4

Pasquatch
882 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 13, 2011 09:50 |  #18

Looks like a Fat and Happy crew. Your gonna have your hands full in a couple of more weeks if you don't already :)

Neil B wrote in post #12377729 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

collierportraits
Goldmember
1,896 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 13, 2011 10:15 |  #19

<pass the popcorn already> :D

Ok, jmg and kady are fairly new members, so welcome. Although now I want to know if Kady is correct in her quick jump assumption. Kady, sorry, but it did seem a bit of a rush to judgment, but I realize you're passionate about this.

As to the photo, well, cute pups, seems like a large litter. Now we just need the OP to answer the question! ;)

5D3 | 16-35L | 45 TS-E | 50L | 85L | 100L | 135L | 24-70L | 70-200 II L | 580s | Zero, TT & Crumplers | and an X100! :D

Pasquatch
882 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 13, 2011 11:21 |  #20

collierportraits wrote in post #12402527 (external link)
<pass the popcorn already> :D

Now we just need the OP to answer the question! ;)

Actually, the OP made no claims and doesn't need to answer to anyone.;)

Whippeticious
Goldmember
2,302 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 14, 2011 16:10 |  #21

wow, I think I initially counted 10 but I realise there's 11!!! that's alot of puppies, how is the mother coping with feeding and caring for them all. They'll just about have their eyes open now, or very soon, then the real fun will start.

Neil ­ B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,379 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 20, 2011 12:42 as a reply to  @ Whippeticious's post |  #22

parents were health tested, and so were the pups , all are doing good and 8 pups already have a new home to go to :)

Website  (external link)Twitter (external link) Tumblr (external link) Facebook (external link)500px (external link)

Neil ­ B
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,379 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 20, 2011 12:45 |  #23

Whippeticious wrote in post #12409600 (external link)
wow, I think I initially counted 10 but I realise there's 11!!! that's alot of puppies, how is the mother coping with feeding and caring for them all. They'll just about have their eyes open now, or very soon, then the real fun will start.

the mother is doing a great job, she cleans and feeds all of them

Website  (external link)Twitter (external link) Tumblr (external link) Facebook (external link)500px (external link)

ChromeThunder
648 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Apr 2008

May 29, 2011 22:02 |  #24

Post more photos!

Canon 5D Mark II * EF 28-135mm * Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM * EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II * Speedlite 580EX II

sponsored links

8,879 views & 0 likes for this thread
My one week old Pitbull pups
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.