Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 17 May 2011 (Tuesday) 01:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Received my 35L!!Hate you UPS

0.0f
179 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 17, 2011 07:39 |  #16

i'm also considering getting this lens in the near future.

EOS 5D MK3 - 24-70 MK2

sponsored links
mchong75
Goldmember
2,927 posts
Joined Jun 2007

May 17, 2011 07:39 |  #17

You could have just updated your current “Lost” thread instead of starting a new thread.

Now, for those who were possibly following the “Lost” thread will want an update….What’s the point of updating two different threads in regards a situation……

(Michael) Gears:
5D MK III / Grip (2) | Canon 24-70L II | Canon 17-40L | Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS Mark II | 600EX-RT (2) | ST-E3-RT | PCB Einstein (2) | Pocket Wizard Plus III (4) | PCB 47" Octobox | Vagabond Mini | Kacey Beauty dish | Lee ND, GND & Big Stopper | Lastolite 24" x 24" | Gitzo 3541LS tripod | Markins Q20 w/ RRS B2 LR II | Sigma 35 Art | 85L II

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 17, 2011 09:48 |  #18

Breezy900 wrote in post #12424590 (external link)
Yep, all this drama for a service which costs 30 dollars, meaning it isn't free! Then it was supposed to be delivered Saturday, at which point it became untraceable..Was not about to fork over the cost for a service I did not receive. Anyway lens is great, can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Me thinks you need to turn up the knob on your Prozac pump. Chill out, they found it and delivered it. If $30 gets you this upset, you better have a good cardiologist on call.

jantzer
318 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 17, 2011 10:32 |  #19

Seriously. Drama Queen. It happens, ALOT with UPS.

Gear: 5D2, S95, Tamron 28-75, 35L, 135L

Breezy900
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 17, 2011 12:58 |  #20

And everyone comes out of the woodworks. Yes two days, (they would deliver it Sat, but it was still missing) which could have easily have been three had I not called. Obviously since I have my lens I have "chilled out" If you are cool paying for something you don't receive, props to you guys. And as I mentioned earlier I had to be on their butt to receive my package, there was a lack of communication on their end. I don't see the point in just accepting and rationalizing, how they dropped the ball. If I pay 30.00 extra I expect it. Simple.
Anyway I love this lens, going to use it this weekend, can't wait. As I said earlier, all is well now.

5D Mark 2 Gripped
17-40L
35L
85 1.8

jantzer
318 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 17, 2011 13:05 |  #21

Breezy900 wrote in post #12427151 (external link)
And everyone comes out of the woodworks. Yes one business day late, which could have easily have been two had I not called. Obviously since I have my lens I have "chilled out" Funny how after one person says something everyone jumps on the bandwagon..Didn't see you guys in the other thread. If you are cool paying for something you don't receive, props to you guys. And as I mentioned earlier I had to be on their butt to receive my package, there was a lack of communication on their end. I don't see the point in just accepting and rationalizing, how they dropped the ball. If I pay 30.00 extra I expect it. Simple.

Anyway I love this lens, going to use it this weekend, can't wait.

The problem isn't that you expected the lens on friday or should have had it. The issue is that you flip out on a forum over such a trivial matter. I might have contacted b&h on monday if it didn't show up and look for an explanation and ask for my shipping charges to be refunded. But I wouldn't come on a world wide forum and cry to the world (THE DAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE). There are bigger things in life to worry about. And people make mistakes including UPS people. I'm glad I don't have to live with you everyday. Makes the wife seem chill. So in that regard you're helping my life. Things seem a little better on the home front. :lol:

Breezy900
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 17, 2011 13:10 |  #22

jantzer wrote in post #12427214 (external link)
The problem isn't that you expected the lens on friday or should have had it. The issue is that you flip out on a forum over such a trivial matter. I might have contacted b&h on monday if it didn't show up and look for an explanation and ask for my shipping charges to be refunded. But I wouldn't come on a world wide forum and cry to the world (THE DAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE). There are bigger things in life to worry about. And people make mistakes including UPS people. I'm glad I don't have to live with you everyday. Makes the wife seem chill. So in that regard you're helping my life. Things seem a little better on the home front. :lol:

Then don't click on the thread? If it bothers you that much then don't read. clearly I touched a nerve. Sorry if it took a thread on the internet to re evaluate your personal life. Hope you don't lose too much sleep.

5D Mark 2 Gripped
17-40L
35L
85 1.8

Breezy900
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 17, 2011 13:18 |  #23

blk-dslr wrote in post #12424762 (external link)
glad that you got your 35L, planning to get anymore L lens?

Not for now, but I am willing to see how it performs with landscape photography. Might get rid of the 17-40L

5D Mark 2 Gripped
17-40L
35L
85 1.8

Breezy900
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 17, 2011 13:38 |  #24

JelleVerherstraeten wrote in post #12425113 (external link)
Congrats on the new toy! Enjoy it!

thanks!

5D Mark 2 Gripped
17-40L
35L
85 1.8

Kirke
168 posts
Joined Jan 2010

May 17, 2011 13:56 |  #25

I'm glad you got your lens, Breezy. Enjoy it! BTW, I didn't know UPS was supposed to deliver on Saturdays. I was always under impression they don't work Sat-Sun.

I think "flipping out" because an expensive lens is late is better than attacking someone in that manner on the forum. That was absolutely uncalled for. :rolleyes:

7D | 100mm macro f2.8L IS | 70-200mm f4L IS | 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Breezy900
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 17, 2011 14:06 |  #26

Kirke wrote in post #12427570 (external link)
I'm glad you got your lens, Breezy. Enjoy it! BTW, I didn't know UPS was supposed to deliver on Saturdays. I was always under impression they don't work Sat-Sun.

I think "flipping out" because an expensive lens is late is better than attacking someone in that manner on the forum. That was absolutely uncalled for. :rolleyes:

Thanks, yeah it's a sweet lens. There is a ferrari concourse this saturday, and I can't wait to shoot it! I believe for reg shipping they don't but do for expedited. shrugs, anyway i have it and love it!:cool:

5D Mark 2 Gripped
17-40L
35L
85 1.8

K3b!n
97 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 17, 2011 14:52 |  #27

Bottom line is that he paid for a certain service that was not only not fulfilled on time but also was deemed to be lost by UPS, isnt it their job to deliver packages? Seems to me that the parcel delivery service and being a weatherman are the only two professions where you dont have to be responsible for your actions, thats just me. Because ive been in this very same situation and y package was delivered a week later as opposed to the next day, for which i paid for and the answer i recieved from ups was "Sorry, it happens." Now i know that every single one of us would be angered after paying for a service and not receiving it in exchange no matter what the service may be, in this case UPS not delivering a package. So i dont really know why people say "oh well that happens, i paid money for a service and it was not fulfilled, sucks to be me."

From what i can tell the issue is that the package was not delivered, you seem to be the only one concerned about him "flipping out", if you have such a problem with people complaining about their experiences then why would you click on a thread entitled "Received my 35L, Hate you UPS!" obviously he has a negative opinion of UPS.

Just my two cents

Anywho, enjoy the 35L i have it as my sole lens and i LOVE it best decision.

flickr (external link)
5D mkii 35L :mrgreen:

amfoto1
Cream of the Crop
10,251 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 17, 2011 14:59 |  #28

Have fun with the new lens... I understand the anxiety of waiting for it to be delivered. I can still remember having two EOS-3, two PB-E2, a couple 550EX, 17-35/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS, 300/2.8 IS, 500/4 IS, 1.4X and a few other things all coming in one shipment.

But seriously.... Use the online tracking and save yourself from getting an ulcer. They usually tell you the expected delivery date. And as you finally discovered, it can help facilitate delivery.

UPS is kind of weird. At one residential address (for over ten years), I never could get them to deliver during the day... Even though I work from home and that's the best time to deliver things to me. I used to see and hear their daytime delivery truck come down the street every weekday, around 11 to 1. But they'd never drop off stuff at my house. Because someone had put a notation in their computer their computer that mine was a residential address, they insisted on sending all pkgs out in the evening, when they were most likely to miss me. I tried and tried to get them to change it... but they never did.

I sent and rec'd a lot of pkgs, so eventually got to know the drivers. If I wasn't home, the ones who knew me would stash the pkg behind a gate and leave a signature slip that I'd sign and put out for them to pick up the next day. They aren't supposed to do that, though.

Alan Myers (external link) "Walk softly and carry a big lens."
5DII, 7DII(x2), 7D(x2) & other cameras. 10-22mm, Tokina 12-24/4, 20/2.8, TS 24/3.5L, 24-70/2.8L, 28/1.8, 28-135 IS (x2), TS 45/2.8, 50/1.4, Tamron 60/2.0, 70-200/4L IS, 70-200/2.8 IS, 85/1.8, Tamron 90/2.5 Macro, 100/2.8 USM, 100-400L II, 135/2L, 180/3.5L, 300/4L IS (x2), 300/2.8L IS, 500/4L IS, EF 1.4X II, EF 2X II. Flashes, studio strobes & various access. - FLICKR (external link) - ZENFOLIO (external link)

Breezy900
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 17, 2011 15:05 |  #29

amfoto1 wrote in post #12427912 (external link)
Have fun with the new lens... I understand the anxiety of waiting for it to be delivered. I can still remember having two EOS-3, two PB-E2, a couple 550EX, 17-35/2.8, 70-200/2.8 IS, 300/2.8 IS, 500/4 IS, 1.4X and a few other things all coming in one shipment.

But seriously.... Use the online tracking and save yourself from getting an ulcer. They usually tell you the expected delivery date. And as you finally discovered, it can help facilitate delivery.

UPS is kind of weird. At one residential address (for over ten years), I never could get them to deliver during the day... Even though I work from home and that's the best time to deliver things to me. I used to see and hear their daytime delivery truck come down the street every weekday, around 11 to 1. But they'd never drop off stuff at my house. Because someone had put a notation in their computer their computer that mine was a residential address, they insisted on sending all pkgs out in the evening, when they were most likely to miss me. I tried and tried to get them to change it... but they never did.

I sent and rec'd a lot of pkgs, so eventually got to know the drivers. If I wasn't home, the ones who knew me would stash the pkg behind a gate and leave a signature slip that I'd sign and put out for them to pick up the next day. They aren't supposed to do that, though.

Yeah, apparently it is up to their discretion. Depends on the neighborhood and such

5D Mark 2 Gripped
17-40L
35L
85 1.8

jantzer
318 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 17, 2011 15:58 |  #30

K3b!n wrote in post #12427873 (external link)
Bottom line is that he paid for a certain service that was not only not fulfilled on time but also was deemed to be lost by UPS, isnt it their job to deliver packages? Seems to me that the parcel delivery service and being a weatherman are the only two professions where you dont have to be responsible for your actions, thats just me. Because ive been in this very same situation and y package was delivered a week later as opposed to the next day, for which i paid for and the answer i recieved from ups was "Sorry, it happens." Now i know that every single one of us would be angered after paying for a service and not receiving it in exchange no matter what the service may be, in this case UPS not delivering a package. So i dont really know why people say "oh well that happens, i paid money for a service and it was not fulfilled, sucks to be me."

But that's not the bottom line. The bottom line is that he whined like a little school girl cause the package was 1 day late. Did you open up a thread and do the same? That's the bottom line. I bet you didn't.

I was honestly expecting the 35L to be in pieces. Nope, just a day late. YipDeeDoo.

sponsored links

5,278 views & 0 likes for this thread
Received my 35L!!Hate you UPS
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.