Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 16 Apr 2009 (Thursday) 21:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 1Ds mark 4

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 15, 2011 06:18 |  #3271

happy hopping wrote in post #12412202 (external link)
I am fed up w/ the fairy tales from that web site canon rumor, everyday, he writes all sorts of stories. Then months later, he changes those stories. There hasn't been anything said that turns out to be true. And quite frankly, it's impossible to know all sorts of new rumors daily. The whole web site is build for people to read his fairy tales so that he can suck up the $$ for the advertisement. I'm not going down there ever

You shouldn't get upset over it.:) It is a rumor website after all. :lol:

sponsored links
Fricks
Cream of the Crop
23,034 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2011

May 15, 2011 09:48 |  #3272

jdizzle wrote in post #12357036 (external link)
Who needs AF when you can MF. ;)

coming from a true lecia owner

Gedanken
741 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 16, 2011 11:05 |  #3273

I am fed up w/ the fairy tales from that web site canon rumor, everyday, he writes all sorts of stories. Then months later, he changes those stories. There hasn't been anything said that turns out to be true. And quite frankly, it's impossible to know all sorts of new rumors daily. The whole web site is build for people to read his fairy tales so that he can suck up the $$ for the advertisement. I'm not going down there ever

Oh boy. Here we go again.

Gear List

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 16, 2011 11:10 |  #3274

Gedanken wrote in post #12419374 (external link)
Oh boy. Here we go again.

Hehe! :)

Matthew ­ Hicks ­ Photography
Goldmember
2,552 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 16, 2011 11:16 |  #3275

happy hopping doesn't know the meaning of rumor ;)

Calgary Wedding Photography by Matthew Hicks: www.matthicksphoto.com (external link)

Gedanken
741 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 17, 2011 07:37 |  #3276

Trainboy wrote in post #12419447 (external link)
happy hopping doesn't know the meaning of rumor ;)

He doesn't know the meaning of a helluva lot of things.

Gear List

keithcooper
81 posts
Joined Feb 2007

May 17, 2011 09:26 |  #3277

As someone who's been following and receiving rumour info for a few years, I can definitely say that this year, I've had very little I was prepared to put much money on.

What little I was prepared to believe was comprehensively disrupted by events in Japan.

My own 1Ds3 dates from November 2007, and I'm still happy with it (I've no need for video) The shutter count won't be problematic for several years, but I do know several people where they well over 300k and wondering about replacements.

bye for now
Keith Cooper
Northlight Images (external link)

Tareq
"I am very lazy, a normal consumer"
17,840 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2006

May 17, 2011 15:03 |  #3278

keithcooper wrote in post #12425911 (external link)
As someone who's been following and receiving rumour info for a few years, I can definitely say that this year, I've had very little I was prepared to put much money on.

What little I was prepared to believe was comprehensively disrupted by events in Japan.

My own 1Ds3 dates from November 2007, and I'm still happy with it (I've no need for video) The shutter count won't be problematic for several years, but I do know several people where they well over 300k and wondering about replacements.

I stopped with 1-series MKIII [1Ds & 1D], i really want to get 1D4 or 1Ds4, but because i can't sell my old cameras with reasonable price then i can't get rid of them, and i don't have enough to put more to replace, and i laugh when people telling me to sell Hasselblad to get 1D4 or another lenses, but honestly, the only reason i may go for 1Ds4 is the video, many will say go with 5D2, well, 5D2 is outdated now and it is not in same class as 1-series even the quality is high, and i feel if i get 1D4 which has a video then i will not care if Canon will produce 1Ds5 and 1D6.

Galleries:
http://hamrani.deviant​art.com/gallery/ (external link)
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

May 17, 2011 16:07 |  #3279

Did you consider that Canon produces more than one prototype for a potential model? So a tester or worker on a model may very well be giving info on something Canon is designing, but launching said model may be delayed or choose a different prototype to use. Just like Canonrumors.com mentioned there are 4 prototypes of a new 24-70L lens? :)

Jahled
Goldmember
1,498 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 17, 2011 16:07 |  #3280

Tareq wrote in post #12427931 (external link)
I stopped with 1-series MKIII [1Ds & 1D], i really want to get 1D4 or 1Ds4, but because i can't sell my old cameras with reasonable price then i can't get rid of them, and i don't have enough to put more to replace, and i laugh when people telling me to sell Hasselblad to get 1D4 or another lenses, but honestly, the only reason i may go for 1Ds4 is the video, many will say go with 5D2, well, 5D2 is outdated now and it is not in same class as 1-series even the quality is high, and i feel if i get 1D4 which has a video then i will not care if Canon will produce 1Ds5 and 1D6.

Err, I will; but that stage technology will have moved on yet more leaps and bounds. One thing that frustrates me with Canon is their reluctance just to 'upgrade as it becomes available,' which i've noticed owning at this time a 5D2, 1Ds3 and 1D4; each has subtle upgrades it really can't be to hard to make adjust on the factory line; without huge leaps between camera bodies. The 1D4 is lovely and sharp; but i'm noticing the difference between it and my 5D2 on video

James
Snow Leopards of Leafy London- The magic begins 5th November 20:00 hours on Animal Planet :) | Gear

Tareq
17,840 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 17, 2011 19:06 |  #3281

Jahled wrote in post #12428357 (external link)
Err, I will; but that stage technology will have moved on yet more leaps and bounds. One thing that frustrates me with Canon is their reluctance just to 'upgrade as it becomes available,' which i've noticed owning at this time a 5D2, 1Ds3 and 1D4; each has subtle upgrades it really can't be to hard to make adjust on the factory line; without huge leaps between camera bodies. The 1D4 is lovely and sharp; but i'm noticing the difference between it and my 5D2 on video

What kind of noticing???

Well, i also like to go with new technology as well, but that is related to many things, price and need, for wanting i will tell you i want all Canon models old or new, but if i have to buy then i have to think millions times what i have to buy and why, i may able to buy 3 or 4 cameras of Canon, but i prefer to get one or 2 that can do me a favor of 4 cameras, i bought 1Ds2 and 5D and 1D2n and i never regret those buys, but now i am very happy with 1Ds3 and 1D3, and honestly i want to have 1D4 to be used with my 1D3 over my 1D2n, i like the 1D3 shots over 1D2n with all lenses, also my 1Ds3 has better results than my 1Ds2 and 5D, but i checked the results from 1D4 against 1D3, i didn't see much difference as i can see between 1D3 and 1D2n, and i would like to see how will 1Ds4 if it will come out compared to 1Ds3 and 1Ds3 vs. 1Ds2

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 25, 2011 01:01 |  #3282

Canon 1Ds IV rumored to have 37 MPs. Anyone?

Tareq
17,840 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 25, 2011 04:50 |  #3283

jdizzle wrote in post #12474481 (external link)
Canon 1Ds IV rumored to have 37 MPs. Anyone?

Yes, buy Leica S2 :lol:

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 25, 2011 05:02 |  #3284

Tareq wrote in post #12475000 (external link)
Yes, buy Leica S2 :lol:

Nah. I have my M9.

Tareq
17,840 posts
Joined Jan 2006

May 25, 2011 12:21 |  #3285

jdizzle wrote in post #12475019 (external link)
Nah. I have my M9.

Then get Pentax 645D, it is cheaper than Leica S2 and more mp :lol: :D

Galleries:
Gear List
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

443,013 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 1Ds mark 4
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.