Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 03 May 2011 (Tuesday) 07:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Creating wedding album

asianstutter
621 posts
Joined Jul 2007

May 15, 2011 10:45 |  #31

so how does photojunction work exactly? you create the album yourself then order the album through them then shipped to your door?

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 24-70 2.8L | Canon 70-200 2.8L IS | Canon 17-40 4.0L | Canon 85 1.8 | Canon 580ex II | Vivitar 285hv x2 | Phottix Strato II Trigger

flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
tolyD
723 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 15, 2011 10:50 |  #32

I think its just a program to create a layout for the album.

5D MkII | 35L | 50 1.4 | 85 1.8 | 2x 580ex II |

flick (external link)r
web (external link)
facebook (external link)

asianstutter
621 posts
Joined Jul 2007

May 15, 2011 11:57 |  #33

what do you do after you create the whole album? save it to a cd then have the album made at a shop?

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 24-70 2.8L | Canon 70-200 2.8L IS | Canon 17-40 4.0L | Canon 85 1.8 | Canon 580ex II | Vivitar 285hv x2 | Phottix Strato II Trigger

flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,981 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 15, 2011 19:57 |  #34

PJ is a design program. It can integrate with an album manufacturer so you can specify album type and size, cover, text, etc, then upload to the provider, but very few album makers use this whole service. Queensberry make PhotoJunction, it does pretty much everything their customers need from design to upload.

Alternate you can design your layouts and output them as psd or jpeg files. What you do with them from there is up to you. You can have prints made then send them to an album company to bind, or email/ftp/cd the images to a place to print and bind.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

alpharon
463 posts
Joined Aug 2010

May 17, 2011 15:42 |  #35

Thanks for the explanation tim. I had the same question about PJ as asianstutter. I'm still having a few problems with the software and starting a photo album. I get a screen that asks for the Album Supplier and Album Details. It looks like the software requires me to set this up before I even start an album.

R O N P A R E J A (external link) | Twitter (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,981 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 17, 2011 21:52 |  #36

Of course you have to know what you're designing before you design it. Either download the resources for your album manufacturer, or set up custom resources. Custom resources basically just specify image size, resolution, trim lines, etc. Pretty simple stuff.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.

tombramwell
149 posts
Joined Feb 2009

May 18, 2011 08:44 as a reply to  @ tim's post |  #37

I know blurb.com may not be seen as a fully professional service (after all you dont need to be a professional photographer to use their services) but I have been trying a range of companies recently and I am in general very impressed with the quality and value for money for their products. Blurb albums can be designed with PS, Indesign or with their own software.

Has anyone else tried there new proline services?
They now offer linen backed hardcover books with new heavy weight/gsm papers.. would certainly recommend having a look:-

http://www.blurb.com/p​roline (external link)

http://www.tombramwell​.co.uk/blog/?p=264 (external link)

5Dmk2 x 2|50mm L f1.2|24-70mmL f2.8|17-40mmL f4|Speedlite430EX II|Speedlite420EX|ST-E2|a whole load of older lenses including zooms for my old crop bodies.
www.tombramwell.co.uk (external link) | blog (external link)

PaulTopol
89 posts
Joined Jan 2004

May 21, 2011 19:14 as a reply to  @ tombramwell's post |  #38

What do you guys suggest if I am going to print myself on an Epson 7900 and use Unibind for the cover?

1DX, 1d mk2, 24-70 2.8, 17-40L, 70-200 2.8, 50mm 1.4, 100-400, 28-135, 580ex2 and other odd lights including Elinchrom 1200 and 600. Very Lucky!
Everybody deserves "The Benefit of the Doubt" until proven otherwise.
Have a GREAT day!!

tim
Light Bringer
50,981 posts
Joined Nov 2004

May 21, 2011 23:19 |  #39

PaulTopol wrote in post #12454103 (external link)
What do you guys suggest if I am going to print myself on an Epson 7900 and use Unibind for the cover?

Makes little difference really. Any album design program will give you an image file you can print any way you like. PJ works well and the price is good (free).

howzitboy
Goldmember
2,948 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 03, 2011 12:36 |  #40

great posts with lotsa information! ill give them all a try

http://onehourwedding.​blogspot.com/ (external link)

SiZe
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 04, 2011 05:22 |  #41

PJ and PhotoFusion look great, hadn't heard of them before. Thanks

Chelsey ­ Somohano
317 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jul 06, 2011 23:10 |  #42

tim wrote in post #12430371 (external link)
Of course you have to know what you're designing before you design it. Either download the resources for your album manufacturer, or set up custom resources. Custom resources basically just specify image size, resolution, trim lines, etc. Pretty simple stuff.

I use and LOVE Photojunction. We had a love-hate relationship for a while until I finally learned how to use it. I also use templates for my design, cuts my time in half. I prefer Melissa Jill's templates: http://photojunctionte​mplates.com/ (external link) and I've also changed a lot of those and saved them as templates as well.

I like to purchase my albums through Finao, so I export all of my templates as PSD's, save them as JPEG's and then upload them with my order on Finao's website.

It's a really resourceful tool so long as you take the time to learn it, as others have said.

50D | 35L | 24-70L | 50 1.8 |
"Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer - It makes you a camera owner."

sponsored links

6,303 views & 0 likes for this thread
Creating wedding album
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.