Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Apr 2011 (Thursday) 16:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Has anyone had trouble using a 20D with Windows 7?

bauerman
discount on value meals
3,457 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 22, 2011 09:44 |  #16

You can setup custom white balance settings when connected to the computer, you can change the date and time, you can change the owners name, you CAN shoot tethered with a 20D (contrary what is written above)...etc......

The point being - I think that people get sick of the TRITE and CANNED "get a card reader" response when they are asking a specific question about needing to connect a PC to a computer.

One size does not fit all and one answer does not fit all either.

SeanH
Goldmember
2,055 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Apr 22, 2011 10:26 |  #17

NinetyEight wrote in post #12271764 (external link)
LR doesn't change the entry held on the actual camera, this is a Canon specific field as far as I know - But hardly a deal breaker I agree...

Yea I guess if your camera was ever lost that would help them to find John Smith ;-)a

.....and personally I post about card readers because #1, I had to be told about them when I started, and #2, you would be amazed how many people don't know about them. I think the majority would agree it's easier than plugging the camera in every time...

7D ......waiting on the 5D3
10-22, 17-40 4.0 L, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 2 X 580EX's

bauerman
discount on value meals
3,457 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Apr 22, 2011 10:40 |  #18

I use a card reader - don't get me wrong - but I also want the ability to connect my camera to my PC at some point.

LA ­ Smith
THREAD ­ STARTER
403 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 18, 2011 15:06 as a reply to  @ bauerman's post |  #19

Gee folks, I didn't mean to stir up such a fuss! For those of you who advocate getting a card reader; I use a card reader exclusively to download photos. They are a whole lot faster than the camera. The reason I want compatability with my OS is because I like shooting tethered (I have done it many times with my old 20D's). Nuff said...

5D,20D, some lenses and stuff

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,934 views & 0 likes for this thread
Has anyone had trouble using a 20D with Windows 7?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.