Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 18 May 2011 (Wednesday) 14:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Your CLP Experience for Refurbished Bodies

Fligi7
966 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 18, 2011 14:10 |  #1

Looking for any input on people's experiences with the CLP program and the condition and shutter counts of bodies received. I'm trying to get a baseline of expectation from the program.

sponsored links
Chris
Goldmember
4,124 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

May 18, 2011 14:29 |  #2

I bought a 7D last fall and it looked brand new to me. I think it had 7 shutter clicks on it when I looked at the exif data on my first shot, but that isn't necessarily accurate. If it hadn't come in a refurb box I would have sworn that it was brand new. Smelled new. Looked new. Felt new. Has performed flawlessly for me so far. I would do it again if the 5D MKII ever becomes part of the program.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

Eric
Goldmember
1,253 posts
Joined Dec 2006

May 18, 2011 14:32 |  #3

My 5D MkII arrived flawless. Haven't had any issues with it in the past 6+ months. Didn't bother checking the shutter count, there wasn't a mark on the body. I wouldn't be concerned about a few extras clicks on the shutter.

Eric Darlington Photography (external link)
flickr (external link) / [URL="[URL]http://eric​darlington.500px.com/"​]500px / [URL="[URL]http://www.​facebook.com/EricDarli​ngtonPhotography"]Face​book
[URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=8612297&postcou​nt=1945"]Tools

Don ­ Madson
360 posts
Joined May 2005

May 18, 2011 14:39 |  #4

I'll further reinforce my statement in my reply to your other post on this subject. As others have stated in numerous threads, my body showed up looking new and acting new. There were 8k clicks, according to EOSinfo, but there was no way to tell. Another purchaser had 56 clicks on his refurb.

I think it's a great camera, with lots of features that help me produce good photographs.

Regards!
Don

dmadson.photoreflect.c​om
T'ai Chi Ch'uan...Relaxation, with an attitude!
---------------
70D, Mamiya 645 Pro TL, some lenses, a tripod, a monopod, some filters, a few straps, some batteries, 2 flash units, a few bags...;)

peabody2468
191 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 18, 2011 16:15 |  #5

My CLP T2i had 5k clicks according to Magic Lantern, but there was no indication on the body or LCD that the camera had ever been used before - not a single scratch. And it has worked perfectly in the month I've had it.

I think your expectation should be that it will be a brand new camera, or will be that functionally if not literally. You can return it for a different one within the first 10 days, and you have a 90-day warranty.

johnandbentley
934 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2010

May 18, 2011 16:17 |  #6

88 clicks on my 7d, and looks, acts feels and smells new

6D, Sigma 24mm f1.4 art, sigma 85 f1.4 art

Agent ­ Ninja
24 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 18, 2011 16:18 |  #7

Got my 50D last month...looked brand new and EOSinfo said it had 9k clicks.

50D, 17-40L f/4, 50 f/1.8, 550EX

Fligi7
THREAD ­ STARTER
966 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 18, 2011 16:18 |  #8

Thanks fore everyone's input so far. It sounds like my expectations were right in line with everyone else's as well as what they received to meet that expectation.

johnandbentley I loathe you for being able to get a 7d through CLP when they were available. Sorry.

mark2009
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Dec 2010

May 18, 2011 18:31 |  #9

Fligi7 wrote in post #12435428 (external link)
Thanks fore everyone's input so far. It sounds like my expectations were right in line with everyone else's as well as what they received to meet that expectation.

johnandbentley I loathe you for being able to get a 7d through CLP when they were available. Sorry.

I will tell you, I am obsessive with my stuff, and was real nervous getting a REFURB CLP, but I could not pass up the price of my 50D.
It came in 2 days, and I swear it was new, not a mark on it, plastic on everything, cables, charge,r battery as new also. It showed zero clicks, I ran eosutil program, showed 75 clicks....Customer service was excellent also. I will never go retail again. I love my 50D!!!!!

jantzer
318 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 18, 2011 18:42 |  #10

Got my refurb 50D a few weeks ago. 35 clicks and looks new. Great purchase!

Gear: 5D2, S95, Tamron 28-75, 35L, 135L

Canonero
146 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 18, 2011 18:43 |  #11

Just bought a refurb 60d. 0 clicks not sure if its accurate, looks and acts new. shipped 1 day without additional cost.

Fligi7
THREAD ­ STARTER
966 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 18, 2011 18:58 |  #12

I didn't want to post this until I got a good amount of unbiased feedback, but it sounds like it's safe to assume no one's body showed up with something like this...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

mark2009
Goldmember
1,997 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Dec 2010

May 18, 2011 19:19 as a reply to  @ Fligi7's post |  #13

Was that picture of a CLP 50D you received? If it was, send it back, and I am sure they will make sure the next would be perfect.

Fligi7
THREAD ­ STARTER
966 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 18, 2011 19:46 |  #14

Yep, that's what I received. I already called and asked what my options are. It's no longer in stock so I'd have to return it for a refund, wait for it to clear, and start hounding the site until it becomes available at some point again. I'm just wary of receiving something even worse.

equach206
307 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 18, 2011 20:36 |  #15

My 50D came with about 3K shutter clicks and a small bit of wear around the tripod mount, otherwise it looks and works like new.

5D | 50D | 60 f/2.8 Macro | 85 f/1.8 | 17-40 f/4L | 70-200 f/2.8L | 430EX
Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

2,956 views & 0 likes for this thread
Your CLP Experience for Refurbished Bodies
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.