Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Feb 2009 (Wednesday) 17:07
Search threadPrev/next

Post your best FLAKE excuses =)

Rachel ­ B
I normally pay attention
1,139 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 06, 2010 13:13 |  #136

One model mayhem model: Im sorry I have to work.... next day I see new pictures of her posted to her facbook from the shoot she did with a different photographer (that sucked) exif showed it was on the day we were going to shoot (she was going to drive over an hour to me and the other photographer was more local to her)

Another model- I just found out Im pregnant and I have to go to the doctor (on a staurday) (she was barley of age and a girl who competes in pagents regularly....ooops!

40d, 30d, Canon 17-40L, 70-200 2.8 ISL, 60mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, 18-55 Kit, 430exII 2xYN-460 II Flashes

Bilsen
Goldmember
1,864 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 06, 2010 13:16 |  #137

Rachel B wrote in post #11235994 (external link)
One model mayhem model: Im sorry I have to work.... next day I see new pictures of her posted to her facbook from the shoot she did with a different photographer (that sucked) exif showed it was on the day we were going to shoot (she was going to drive over an hour to me and the other photographer was more local to her)

LOL Had this one AT LEAST twice.:D

BILSEN (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D/T3i; 70D & 1D Mk2
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50 mm 1.4; 18-55 IS;55-250 IS; 85mm f1.4 Sekonic L-358; 580EX & (2) 430EX
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio​.com (external link)

Sonnyleq
32 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2010 14:52 |  #138

It's too hot outside

Sonny::Noob
40D+BG-E2N|Nifty 50+250|Tamron 28-75|Tokina 11-16|580EX

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 07, 2010 01:26 as a reply to  @ Sonnyleq's post |  #139

Some of these are truly amusing. I do not have a large non-child portfolio and wanted to get some adult females to model for me. I had one set up for an outdoor session. She called me saying that there was a major accident and a friend of hers was in it. I asked her where it was. Normally, I would have some sympathy, but what she didn't realize that the area the wreck should have been in was in the district where I'm a medic. I took a look and saw that our squads didn't respond to any calls. She kept calling and calling and calling about re-scheduling. I finally told her that I knew she was lying to be about it and we wouldn't be re-scheduling. I loved the look on her face. It was priceless.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

35mmNewbie
Goldmember
2,127 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 07, 2010 01:23 |  #140

asysin2leads wrote in post #11238903 (external link)
Some of these are truly amusing. I do not have a large non-child portfolio and wanted to get some adult females to model for me. I had one set up for an outdoor session. She called me saying that there was a major accident and a friend of hers was in it. I asked her where it was. Normally, I would have some sympathy, but what she didn't realize that the area the wreck should have been in was in the district where I'm a medic. I took a look and saw that our squads didn't respond to any calls. She kept calling and calling and calling about re-scheduling. I finally told her that I knew she was lying to be about it and we wouldn't be re-scheduling. I loved the look on her face. It was priceless.

Thats great!

I had a model tell me she rear ended an ambulance, when I asked what ambulance she replied."Nanuet" I replied with interesting, because we only have one rig in service and I was on it the time of your so called "accident." She hung up on me, and not even a minute later I got a text saying that i'm a f***in piece of s**t for catching her in a lie.

I'm glad I never worked with her.

Bryan
20D; 70-200 f4; YN-560; Genesis 200 Strobe w/ 43" Umbrella; 43" 5 in 1 Reflector;

izthistaken
Cream of the Crop
6,857 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 07, 2010 06:14 |  #141

^Holy double standard. :lol:

Matt
flickr  (external link)
5DMKII | 16-35L |24-70L| 70-200L 2.8 II | Canon 50mm 1.8|35mm F2|580ex x2|Lumopro LP160|Nikon SB24|Cybersyncs x3

f1nut
259 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 07, 2010 06:35 as a reply to  @ izthistaken's post |  #142

Not so much an excuse as none was really given. Back story was I had shot with this girl before and she was keen to do more so I set up a shoot off Island on another small Island know for its sandy beaches. Also we would be doing some shots on the boat across all of which I had set up over the last few weeks. I was talking to the girl and her mate up to an hour on face book and all seemed ok. I went to pick them up only to find they were not coming. The kicker was they would not even face me and I had to ring them from out side of their houses to only find out they would not be coming. I had taken a day off work to do the shoot which was then lost and to top it off I then had to go and let the people know that I would not need the boat. How small do you thing this made me feel. It did/has really knocked me for six and I have lost a lot of faith in people because of this.

The wife says I never listen or something like that.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/petebphotos/ (external link)

SR071
276 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 13, 2011 06:51 |  #143

Text message

I just found out I'm pregnant and I have to deal with it.

I kept it on my phone for years as nobody believed me.

Matt *20D YAY! My first *real* digital camera. 5DIII 1Dx and 1Dx and 1DIV And all the heavy glass...Plus a flash or seven... :)

TauntDevil
Goldmember
1,273 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Aug 2010

May 13, 2011 08:55 |  #144

I have so many flakes and no shows its unbelievable but i would have to say the best excuse that i have heard was:
"I stubbed my toe and caught a disease so i have to go to the hospital to get it fixed"

I think i hung up because i started to laugh

Canon 7D Mk2, Sony A7iii, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS mk1, Sigma 17-55mm f2.8, Tamron 28-75iii, a few flashes and many modifiers
SmugMug (external link)

SleepingPachuco
36 posts
Joined May 2011

May 19, 2011 03:20 |  #145

I just got the "my grandmother has cancer and is about to die" from an MUA...

60D /18-135 3.5-5.6 /Nifty Fifty /75-300 4-5.6 /Rode VideoMic

Bilsen
Goldmember
1,864 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 19, 2011 09:55 |  #146

Grandmothers are definitely an endangered speciaes on MM. Apparently, all models have 8 of them too.

BILSEN (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D/T3i; 70D & 1D Mk2
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50 mm 1.4; 18-55 IS;55-250 IS; 85mm f1.4 Sekonic L-358; 580EX & (2) 430EX
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio​.com (external link)

SleepingPachuco
36 posts
Joined May 2011

May 19, 2011 14:11 |  #147

we should start a donation box for all the model's grandmothers and proceeds will go towards the funerals of the verified deaths...

I am sure we will be rich with all the money we put in that never gets claimed...

60D /18-135 3.5-5.6 /Nifty Fifty /75-300 4-5.6 /Rode VideoMic

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

May 19, 2011 19:43 |  #148

f1nut wrote in post #11239614 (external link)
Not so much an excuse as none was really given. Back story was I had shot with this girl before and she was keen to do more so I set up a shoot off Island on another small Island know for its sandy beaches. Also we would be doing some shots on the boat across all of which I had set up over the last few weeks. I was talking to the girl and her mate up to an hour on face book and all seemed ok. I went to pick them up only to find they were not coming. The kicker was they would not even face me and I had to ring them from out side of their houses to only find out they would not be coming. I had taken a day off work to do the shoot which was then lost and to top it off I then had to go and let the people know that I would not need the boat. How small do you thing this made me feel. It did/has really knocked me for six and I have lost a lot of faith in people because of this.

I feel your pain, as I've gone through some similar crap with models over the years. At least you didn't loose extra money on a boat rental (if that's any consolation).

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

May 19, 2011 19:46 as a reply to  @ Ledrak's post |  #149

I normally don't get an excuse. When my models flake, they usually just flat out don't show up, disappear, and stop answering their phone.

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

May 19, 2011 22:07 |  #150

lmao, this thread is great....

I've only barely gotten off the first page and I'm already lolling left and right. Thanks guys for posting this stuff.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

72,496 views & 1 like for this thread
Post your best FLAKE excuses =)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.