Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 20 May 2011 (Friday) 11:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best way to purchase LR3

JCG11
131 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 20, 2011 11:20 |  #1

What is currently the best way to buy LR3? Ideally I'd like to have the option to reinstall it on a future computer down the road, but not sure if Adobe will let me do that. Also wondering where the best price is to be had these days.

Just dropping in, so if this has been covered ad nauseum, my apologies.

7D | Grip | EFS 18-135 | 24-70L | 35L 1.4 | 50 mm 1.8 | 70-300L |85L 1.2 II

sponsored links
marty32
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Apr 2008

May 20, 2011 13:13 |  #2

Hi. Just got LR3 from Amazon for $99 about 10 days ago. Don't know if that is still offered. They sent the disk so that solves one concern. Good luck.

Marty

tkerr
Goldmember
3,042 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 20, 2011 13:33 |  #3

JCG11 wrote in post #12446780 (external link)
What is currently the best way to buy LR3? Ideally I'd like to have the option to reinstall it on a future computer down the road, but not sure if Adobe will let me do that. Also wondering where the best price is to be had these days.

Just dropping in, so if this has been covered ad nauseum, my apologies.

You are allowed to have it installed on two computers at the same time for your personal use, but aren't suppose to use them at the same time. I.e. a Desktop and a laptop.

If you buy a new computer and wish install it on that, then just uninstall and deactivate the one that is on the older machine.

As far as the best price you can google Photoshop Lightroom 3 and get all kinds of hits with various prices..

Tim Kerr
Money Talks, But all I hear mine saying is, Goodbye!
F1, try it you'll like it.

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,196 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

May 20, 2011 14:42 |  #4

As already stated LR can be installed on 2 machines (at the same time) for your own use.

It does not use the Adobe activation system so does not need de-activating before installing on a new machine for instance (in fact it cannot be de-activated as far as I know)

You only need the serial number from Adobe kept safe, as you can download the latest version at any time, but you can obviously save this to a hard drive or DVD if you wish.

If you purchase directly from Adobe they also provide a link to the download file even after the version is updated, so you can still get the version you originally paid for if you need it.

Kev

dalto
758 posts
Joined Apr 2009

May 20, 2011 23:38 |  #5

If you are in school or have kids that are in school then the best way to buy lr3 is through an educational discount. It will cost you $89-$99 instead of $299.

sbattey
Goldmember
1,250 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 21, 2011 03:37 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

dalto wrote in post #12450570 (external link)
If you are in school or have kids that are in school then the best way to buy lr3 is through an educational discount. It will cost you $89-$99 instead of $299.

ED discount = amazing.

Canon 7D | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | 430EX II
Blog (external link)

Dave ­ R.
275 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 21, 2011 08:17 |  #7

marty32 wrote in post #12447485 (external link)
Hi. Just got LR3 from Amazon for $99 about 10 days ago. Don't know if that is still offered. They sent the disk so that solves one concern. Good luck.

Marty

Upgrade or full version?

tkerr
Goldmember
3,042 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 21, 2011 10:18 |  #8

Dave R. wrote in post #12451669 (external link)
Upgrade or full version?

Amazon has the full version on sale for $199.00
http://www.amazon.com …Lightroom-3/dp/B003739DVY (external link)

And the Upgrade for $94.00
http://www.amazon.com …m-3-Upgrade/dp/B003739DW8 (external link)

Tim Kerr
Money Talks, But all I hear mine saying is, Goodbye!
F1, try it you'll like it.

will-san
523 posts
Joined May 2009

May 21, 2011 12:49 |  #9

BH has it for 169 till june 4 (external link)

Flickr (external link)
Gear List

sponsored links

1,049 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best way to purchase LR3
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.