Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 17:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Member introductions

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 05, 2011 18:41 |  #661

Well, greetings Buck -- it sounds you are packing a lot of experience with you and can make some valuable contributions!

And, thank you -- your post has raised the possibility that I could ask a moderator to have my title transferred over to you:)!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links
Chelsey ­ Somohano
317 posts
Joined Feb 2010

May 11, 2011 11:42 |  #662

Hello everyone! I swear I've already written one of these, but it's been a while and I'm so terrible with keeping up on forums, but I'm going to try again.

I'm Chelsey and I'm half of Hurst Photography. The Hurst half is Evan :) We're a not-husband and wife team from Nashville. We started out shooting horse shows together, and we still do. I grew up in Florida riding horses, so when the opportunity fell into my lap to start shooting horse shows in Nashville after selling all my horses, I did it. We shoot mainly barrel races and cutting shows, but we're really wanting to branch out and shoot a few more events. We've been published in Barrel Horse News (which was AWESOME because I was actually a barrel race) and we enjoy it, even though we don't get too much creative freedom in that area. In November, we decided to pursue wedding photography. We had both second shot and assisted on weddings and felt that we made a fantastic team. Thus, Hurst Photography was born. So, we're a couple in love shooting couples in love. It's super cheesy, but thats so...us :)

So, that's me. Well, me and Evan. I'm usually the online face of the business, so when I say we, that's who we is. As for myself, I grew up in a small town in Florida and moved to Nashville in September of 2009. I'm going to school at MTSU with a major in Photography (why??) and a minor in Horse Science. Mostly for the sheer fact that I love learning new things every day, but because it actually makes going to school kind of fun.

So yeah, that's me. I love talking to people, so I'll be on quite a bit :)

50D | 35L | 24-70L | 50 1.8 |
"Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer - It makes you a camera owner."

lawdog2k
960 posts
Joined May 2011

May 11, 2011 14:45 |  #663

Well, been lurking here for a little while. My name is Ronnie and I've been bitten by the bug. Whenever I start a new hobby, I jump in whole heartedly and try to learn as much as I can.

I have always loved taking pictures and have taken thousands....can't ever take enough. Anyways, just went and got this 60D last year (thought about a 7d-but went with the articulating screen for kids stuff at their school).

So, I'm here and plan to be around asking all kinds of questions. I will get some pictures up as well. Good to be here!

A guy with a couple cameras, some lenses, and accoutrements
Freelance for Magazines
Gear&Feedback | Flickr (external link) | Website (external link)

UncleBuck88
32 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 13, 2011 12:04 |  #664

tonylong wrote in post #12354917 (external link)
And, thank you -- your post has raised the possibility that I could ask a moderator to have my title transferred over to you:)!

?????????I don't get it . . . . what do you mean?:):D;) Yeah, I could probably give anyone a run for their money on long-windedness!! My wife gives me a hard time about it all the time. I can spend as much time sending a client an e-mail as I spend post processing their pics, LOL!!!

Buck

mistiemaystudios
187 posts
Joined May 2011

May 13, 2011 23:46 |  #665

Hello there!!!
Just joined here tonight and from all the roaming I've done it seem's like a great place..
Ok now on to me..
My names Mistie and I've been obsessed with photography since I was 16 and at 19 decided it was what I wanted to forever..
Ive learned to shoot just about everything but fell in love with boudoir,glamour,vintag​e pin-up,old hollywood,burlesque,& fashion...
So that's what I focus on now.With my main focus on making everyday ladies feel amazing.Especially the plus sized beauties..
I dont own the top of the line equipment..
I shoot with a Canon Rebe XTI and use a Canon 50mm f1.8 fixed and a tamron 28-80mm f3.5.
Lighting wise I have smith & victor continuous lighting..translates into $300 lights...lol
But they work AWESOME for vintage work..Especially the Old hollywood..
Then I have my trusty 5 in 1 reflector and a Canon 380x speedlite..
My studio's in my spare room in my home and is to small but hey we make it work!!

Currently my amazing guy and I are expecting our 1st baby...Any time now actually..could be tonite..who knows!..
I'm an animal person and try to live a green lifestyle..I kinda fail alot but hey I'm tryin
I only speak one language and that's english and I do it BADLY!
Oh and just a warning Im a HORRIBLE speller so get your decoder's out!
I tend to be a bit eccentric...Kind of a drag queen in a chick's body..haha...
Well hmm I guess thats all..
Lookin forward to getting to know you guys and learning!!

"I create to live and live to create"
"Don't dream it be it.."
http://mistiemaystudio​s.blogspot.com (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/mistiemaystudios (external link)

mikej708
287 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 14, 2011 00:26 |  #666

I can't remember if I introduced myself here when I first started and right now really don't feel like looking through 40+ pages to see. But here it goes my name is Mike I am from Orland Park,IL and I am 19 I have been interested in photography for about 5 or so years now ever since I got my first point and shoot. Photography is my hobby as of right now but maybe one day it can be my job field if I ever get the opportunity I would love that. I am still learning the about DSLR's and shooting in manual mode so I have a long way to go before I would consider myself more then a beginner or novice. Right now I have a canon 20d with a tamron 28-80 and also waiting for my 50mm 1.8 to get here. Well just wanted to introduce myself just in case I didn't when I first started here so thanks for making this great forum and to everybody on here this is a great forum for any level of skill ask a question and somebody will answer. Thanks again to everybody Mike

Body Canon 20d
Glass Tamron 28-80 AF Canon 50mm 1.8 ii
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/mikej708/ (external link)

mercy528
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2011

May 14, 2011 21:09 as a reply to  @ mikej708's post |  #667

Hi, my name is Mercy. Photography has been a lifelong hobby that started with a Canon Snappy I received as give when I was a kid. I've recently converted from film to digital. Hope to post some pics soon.

t0kie
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2011

May 15, 2011 13:08 as a reply to  @ mercy528's post |  #668

Hello all,

My name is RT from Bay Area, California. I have my camera almost two years now but haven't really learn about it until I found this forum last night. I may be new here but now new to the other forums, such as Calguns, CMP Forum, snipershide, ar15.com, passatworld, eBay, all have 100% positive feedback.

I'm a firearms enthusiast, collecting C&R firearms and I also like Volkswagen. I'm very interested and hope to learn from here.

_matt_
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined May 2011

May 15, 2011 14:50 |  #669

Long time lurker, first time poster. It was time to register some day...
I'm a Canon enthusiast, steadily reaching the limits of my gear and replacing it with something that would fill the gap between what I have and my needs.
So from analogue EOS (2x) to a powershot to a 400D and after 25.000 clicks a 7D.
By the time I reach the limits of this set up we'll be a few years further.
In the mean time I invest in decent glass, latest replacement for my Tamron 28-300VC has been a 70-200 2.8II. Cropping with a 7D is no problem, so the decrease in mm's is not a issue.
I love the shallow DoF the 2.8 brings.
Always willing to learn new things, open for positive feedback (criticism = free advice) ;-)a
Currently saving money for a 10-22. (found out I need less mm than my 17-55 at some times)

Canon 7D + BG | 17-55mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.4 | 70-200 f2.8IS mkII | 430EX mkII | G12 | It's playtime!

lomenak
649 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 19, 2011 01:35 as a reply to  @ post 12430350 |  #670

Hey guys, I have been here for few month now and I had great time reading your posts. There is lot of valuable information here! I've just come across to this thread so I am going to introduce myself as well. Im Tom, a Czech living in New Zealand. Photography is my greatest hobby. I started (more seriously) taking pictures when I got my first d-slr. It was Pentax k10d. I mainly shoot landscape and cityscape but getting more to portraits as my gorgeous girlfriend is quite pissed off with me not taking pictures of her:) Anyway I have posted some pictures already somewhere in Landscape section, I will add my web and flickr in the signature at some point as well. Oh I almost forgot why I came to canon forum:) I was going to switch from Pentax k10d as it started to be limiting for me and wanted to get a better camera. The day finally came and I got my 5D classic yesterday. I have only taken few snaps, but oh boy I love it already:) You will be seeing me here more often now, sharing the love for pixels:)

BlissMan
114 posts
Joined Sep 2010

May 21, 2011 13:15 |  #671

Hi All! Great site with tons of great info.
Who: James
Where: San Diego
Why: Back into photo due to new baby (currently 9 months). I wanted to capture all of the wonderful stages of life and with some film photography background decided to enter the digital age.
What: Picked up the T2i with Kit 18-55 & 70-300. Wish list currently includes 50-1.4, 430EX, and Battery Grip. I also have an arsenal of film cameras collecting dust including my favorite Leica R4 with every lens imaginable.

Cheers!

Canon T2i | Canon 10-22 3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Canon 18-55 3.5-4.6 | Canon 70-300 4.0-5.6 | Canon 430ex ii
GoPro Hero3+ Silver

darthrazz
102 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined May 2011

May 24, 2011 08:06 as a reply to  @ BlissMan's post |  #672

Hello everyone, I’m darthrazz , thanks to a POTN member I was pointed to this forum.. I have had an interest in photography for many years. I recently purchased a Canon t2i to mainly photograph my children, yeas 2 and 5, and I can’t say how happy I am with this camera. I took photography courses in college and had a Pentax 35 mm for many years that served me well. I look forward to interacting with the members of this forum and hopefully learn a thing a or two!

Canon 1DX MKII • Canon 7D MKII Gripped • Canon 50mm 1.2L • Canon 24-70mm 2.8L • Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS USM • Canon EF-S 24mm • Canon Speedlite 430ex •

jinnymaer
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined May 2011

May 24, 2011 18:52 as a reply to  @ darthrazz's post |  #673

Hi there! Found the forum by accident yesterday while searching for some info and absoulutely love it. Got my first Canon 23 years ago, a used AV-1 with a Tamron Macro zoom and Canon 50mm lens, right before I headed off to Japan for a year. Until that point I'd only used point & shoot so I was just a tad arrogant (& nervous). Did what they suggested in the manual & bracketed my shots and came home having taken 1 picture every 8 minutes for the year I was in Tokyo!!!:oops: Most shots came out well so needless to say I don't always bracket shots anymore. Still have that camera and still use it but I went digital 3 years ago with a TSi/450D with EFSi 18-55mm and 70 -300mm zoom. Looking forward to learning alot from everyone here.

Jinnymaer
Lakehurst, Ontario, Canada

sac-canon
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 01, 2011 12:46 |  #674

whats up everyone, i just found this forum and registered. I am from sacramento CA anyone around this area? i have a T1i, i've been taking pics for a few moths and getting better on photography!

greenrocks
56 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jun 04, 2011 00:35 |  #675

My name is Kat. Raised and living in Southern California (small city in Los Angeles county), I'm 22. Since T2i released, this is my first SLR as well as my main to use on most activities. Though oddly for years, I've always enjoyed and admired photography... I've used many various of digital cameras owned by my sisters, be it Nikon, Canon, Sony, I've never personally owned point & shoot camera, or even any camera until I purchased T2i.

When I was 15 or 16, I chose photography as an elective in high school during my junior year. Following this experience... my passion for photography, purely a hobby of mine, became bigger which made me to look into getting a SLR but didn't happen until some 5 years later because I finally bit the bullet and had enough money to keep up with such a hobby. XD

In class there, I had a blast time, especially how to develop films in the dark room. I'd love to have a home-made dark room in an empty space one day. =P

I'm sorry to introduce myself so late after a year registering on POTN. x_X"
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to come here sometimes just to learn and buy lens at good prices from members. =D

Canon EOS 70D -
Lenses: 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit lens, 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 II
Accessories: 430 EX II flash
Wishlist: Sigma 50mm ART

sponsored links

253,000 views & 63 likes for this thread
Member introductions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.