Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 23 May 2011 (Monday) 13:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photographers can be really inconsiderate

e.pie
685 posts
Joined May 2007

May 23, 2011 15:53 |  #16

tkerr wrote in post #12464086 (external link)
Those people you describe aren't photographers! They're just people who happen to have a camera.

This!

I try to just be a fly on the wall when I'm shooting anything like that.

5DmkIII | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-105mm f/4L IS | Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 non-OS w/2x telecon | 35mm f/2 | 40mm f/2.8 | 50mm f/1.8 | 100mm f/2 | ЮПИТЕР-37A |24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 | 580ex | 2x 550ex | bunch of other miscellaneous filters and stuff :p
fullerfotos.net (external link) or click here for my flickr (external link) or here for my 500px (external link)

sponsored links
jeppoy
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Sep 2009

May 23, 2011 15:54 |  #17

wow, and I thought "The Matrix" is old, good idea stealing their EMP, lol

No I'm not a photographer, I just shoot with Canon DSLR with those lenses with red thingy...;)

www.digital-xpression.com (external link)

Iancentric
714 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2011

May 24, 2011 14:48 |  #18

It's not photographers, It's everyone else. No matter where you go. Just went to another event at my daughters high school, all you hear is yak yak yak, click click click, ring ring ring. etc. The only time people shut up, was when their own kid was on stage.
Go to concerts, plays, movies etc. same story. People are just simply getting ruder.

Sign me up for two of those EMP's. Can you put a hot shoe mount on them? It will make it easier to aim.

Ian
Flickr (external link)
Tumblr (external link)
instagram (external link)

darthrazz
102 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined May 2011

May 24, 2011 15:01 as a reply to  @ Iancentric's post |  #19

My daughter's dance recital was this weekend as well. I was asked by the head of the Dance school if I would take pictures , I just used my 55-250 and sat in the back of the auditorium , borrowed a 430 EX II from my friend and took pictures all night. I'm TOTALLY new at this, I hope the flash didn't annoy anyone?? Hope I wasn't one of "those rude" people??:o

Canon 1DX MKII • Canon 7D MKII Gripped • Canon 50mm 1.2L • Canon 24-70mm 2.8L • Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS USM • Canon EF-S 24mm • Canon Speedlite 430ex •

blueM
"I am the Prince of Dorkness"
1,662 posts
Joined Oct 2005

May 24, 2011 15:02 |  #20

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12464550 (external link)
Oh no, you're completely correct. There will be larger applications available for sure. However, in our market research, we've found that it's much more rewarding to be able to handle this yourself. It's very gratifying to see the instant results from your own use of the Micro-EMP™ tool. It's fun and safe for kids to use, too!

Yes, I'd like to pre-order my very own personal "Space Monkey Zapper".

Now the waiting begins. :cool:

Kevin

Gear List

suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

May 24, 2011 15:04 |  #21

I can't shoot at Corona Del Mar beach anymore without a permit because the locals got fed up with the behavior of some pro photographers. I've seen it happen myself, photographers stake out a spot and when the light is right they start their shoot and actually yell at kids to "get out of my shot". Wrecked it for the rest of us, the ones who are considerate and aware that it is a PUBLIC beach. There are jerks at every level...

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 24, 2011 15:11 |  #22

Cell phone jammers already exist if you know where to look, and you've probably encountered them and didn't even realize it even when you suddenly lost your connection.

tkbslc wrote in post #12464563 (external link)
I think if I had one, I would go to movies I didn't even like just to use it on annoying people.

Of course I might also see if it worked on the mic. at church, so maybe I shouldn't get one... :)

Gear List

flickserve
835 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 24, 2011 19:03 |  #23

Every parent wants to get the best shots of their kids. I am a parent so can understand. It wasn't such a problem with film because

a) I didn't have children that time
b) people had to manual focus
c) I'm guessing AF systems were, for most cameras, not that great (for the SLRs that had it)

If you think you got it bad, so far, my worst example is of a parent that had a tablet android and used the camera to film the performance. She held it up with both hands above her head and everybody behind got a nice 7inch screen shot.

mbellot
"My dog ate my title"
3,362 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 24, 2011 23:25 |  #24

darthrazz wrote in post #12471174 (external link)
My daughter's dance recital was this weekend as well. I was asked by the head of the Dance school if I would take pictures , I just used my 55-250 and sat in the back of the auditorium , borrowed a 430 EX II from my friend and took pictures all night. I'm TOTALLY new at this, I hope the flash didn't annoy anyone?? Hope I wasn't one of "those rude" people??:o

Dance + Flash = Bad

Period.

I would go so far as to say stage performance + flash = bad combination.

Crank up your ISO, shoot RAW and use manual white balance (90% of stage lighting is tungsten).

Sorry, I'm a bit opinionated on this particular topic. ;)

mbellot
"My dog ate my title"
3,362 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 24, 2011 23:27 |  #25

PixelMagic wrote in post #12471236 (external link)
Cell phone jammers already exist if you know where to look, and you've probably encountered them and didn't even realize it even when you suddenly lost your connection.

And (last I checked) completely illegal to own without jumping through major hoops.

And even then you can't own one "personally", they are for sale to businesses only.

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 25, 2011 08:00 |  #26

There are lots of things that are "completely illegal to own" like some exotic animals but people have them anyway. I know a number of people who have cell phone jammers; they got them via mail order or when traveling overseas. Even the New York Times discussed this four years ago:

Cellphone vigilantes try signal disobedience (external link)

Devices Enforce Silence of Cellphones, Illegally (external link)

mbellot wrote in post #12474072 (external link)
And (last I checked) completely illegal to own without jumping through major hoops.

And even then you can't own one "personally", they are for sale to businesses only.

Gear List

alt4852
Goldmember
3,419 posts
Joined Oct 2007

May 25, 2011 08:29 |  #27

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12464529 (external link)
Just wait until my new Micro-EMP™ tool gets released. (I'm waiting for final EPA and FDA approval right now)

i think the FCC is probably the one you should be most concerned about. :p

5D4 | Z21 | 35L2 | 50L | 85L2 | 135L

digirebelva
Goldmember
3,999 posts
Gallery: 376 photos
Joined Mar 2008

May 25, 2011 08:51 as a reply to  @ alt4852's post |  #28

The sad part is, he would probably be an instant millionaire if he could actually sell something like that...;)

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

May 25, 2011 14:58 |  #29

alt4852 wrote in post #12475515 (external link)
i think the FCC is probably the one you should be most concerned about. :p

Yeah, I wasn't going to tell them about it... what's that old saying? "It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission" LOL

mbellot
"My dog ate my title"
3,362 posts
Joined Jul 2005

May 25, 2011 22:51 |  #30

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12477900 (external link)
Yeah, I wasn't going to tell them about it... what's that old saying? "It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission" LOL

Yup.

Just ask my lens collection.

:lol::lol::lol:

sponsored links

7,426 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photographers can be really inconsiderate
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.