Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 15 May 2011 (Sunday) 07:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D & 7D Best Buy sale$$

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

May 16, 2011 15:15 |  #61

JustinRageth wrote in post #12420946 (external link)
Your attitude was completely different. Also, the circumstance was different. At the time b&h had the price change on their site, on ur case it was onlynthe best buy site that had the sale. For the most part, it isn't what u say it's how u say it.

I am not going into any discussion about that again, except saying that I love my attitude.

sponsored links
WaterVsAnchor
372 posts
Joined May 2011

May 16, 2011 16:23 |  #62

Ended up getting a return phone call from a supervisor and received a $75 rebate back to my credit card that I should see within 3 days. Not the full $150, but better than I expected to come out. Glad my efforts all morning weren't for nothing!

Are these one-day specials typical for B&H or has everyone come to the conclusion that this was an accident? Seems odd that it was so many cameras but I'm sure we'll never know.

---------------
-Sam-

TaDa
...as cool as Perry
6,742 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 16, 2011 16:25 |  #63

Good to see that they came through for you. The bestbuy thing appears to have been a fluke, so the fact that B&H reacted at all speaks to how strongly they pay attention to the market.

Name is Peter and here is my gear:
Canon 5D II, Canon 7D, Canon 40D
Glass - Zeiss 21 f/2.8 ZE, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 40 f/2.8 STM, Canon 24-70 f/2.8
L, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 500 f/4L IS
Speedlite 580ex II, 430ex - Gitzo GT-3541XLS w/ Arca B1

1herm4matrix
48 posts
Joined May 2009

May 26, 2011 00:17 as a reply to  @ post 12414674 |  #64

Did any members actually purchase a 7D for the sale price? I made an attempt to order the item but could not log into my Best Buy account Sunday evening and apparently the item was not available for that price the following morning. After contacting Premier Silver Member customer service, they agreed to give me the sale price but at he last minute said I would have to pick it up at a Hawaii store since they had no more inventory in California and might not every have it back in-stock locally. Well today, on their web site it appears you can order that 7D even though it is on back-order and they even give you a pick up date. I called to place my order but they refuse to honor the sale price from last week.

Canon 7d kit lens 28-135mm, 70-200f4, 50mm 1.8, Rokinon 8mm, Tokina 11-16mm, 430 Flash and Zeikos Grip.

JustinRageth
636 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 26, 2011 01:42 |  #65

Lbsimon wrote in post #12421128 (external link)
I am not going into any discussion about that again, except saying that I love my attitude.

And there in lies the problem.

T4i Gripped, Sigma 17-70mm, 70-200 f/4L, 50mm 1.8
Panasonic TZ5
Flicker (external link)

JustinRageth
636 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 26, 2011 01:44 |  #66

1herm4matrix wrote in post #12480869 (external link)
Did any members actually purchase a 7D for the sale price? I made an attempt to order the item but could not log into my Best Buy account Sunday evening and apparently the item was not available for that price the following morning. After contacting Premier Silver Member customer service, they agreed to give me the sale price but at he last minute said I would have to pick it up at a Hawaii store since they had no more inventory in California and might not every have it back in-stock locally. Well today, on their web site it appears you can order that 7D even though it is on back-order and they even give you a pick up date. I called to place my order but they refuse to honor the sale price from last week.

Yes i have read some accounts that people caught it in time for a 7d as well as a 5dii

Panasonic TZ5
Flicker (external link)

1herm4matrix
48 posts
Joined May 2009

May 26, 2011 09:49 as a reply to  @ JustinRageth's post |  #67

I really hope members who actually bought these items chime in. BB is claimimg that they never advertised or sold at that price eventhough when I first called, they had confirm that infact they had. Im tired of retailers advertising and never really having the products on hand. They could of at least noted that "quanities are limeted" or "only offered at selected stores".

I'm considering moving up the chain in my complaint and its not even just because I missed out on a great deal due too there website ordering issuses. I have a claim/case number from an online sales floor manager and I'm planing on calling corporate to state my issue. I know its just a waste of time but we will see what happens.

Canon 7d kit lens 28-135mm, 70-200f4, 50mm 1.8, Rokinon 8mm, Tokina 11-16mm, 430 Flash and Zeikos Grip.

Kronie
Goldmember
2,183 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 26, 2011 10:01 |  #68

I Bought the 7D kit from this sale and it was delivered 4 days later. I dont understand the moaning and complaining though of folks that missed it and can't get the company to honor the sale price or price match. You snooze you lose.

JustinRageth
636 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 26, 2011 10:16 |  #69

Kronie wrote in post #12482467 (external link)
I Bought the 7D kit from this sale and it was delivered 4 days later. I dont understand the moaning and complaining though of folks that missed it and can't get the company to honor the sale price or price match. You snooze you lose.

Ya, I believe it was just a short sale. And on top of it, because BB had this 6hr sale other retailers (ie B&H) had to change their pricing and listen to all the whiners. The reason why in store BB employees say that they never had it at that price is because in store they didnt! Online typically has sales and prices that differ from in store. I picked up a p&s a few years ago that was $70 cheaper on their website, and wanted to get it in store and had to tell them to visit their own website to get it at that price!

Panasonic TZ5
Flicker (external link)

1herm4matrix
48 posts
Joined May 2009

May 26, 2011 10:17 |  #70

Kronie wrote in post #12482467 (external link)

Well when a customer makes the attemp to order and the retailers website fails to process the order...yes I'm going to complain!

Kronie
Goldmember
2,183 posts
Joined Jun 2008

May 26, 2011 10:38 |  #71

1herm4matrix wrote in post #12482582 (external link)
Well when a customer makes the attemp to order and the retailers website fails to process the order...yes I'm going to complain!

Yea, but how does the retailer know that that's even true? Why didn't the person just call in?

If my car broke down and I missed a big sale at Sears and I came in two days later and said. "well, I tried to get here but my car wouldn't start. Can you give me the sale price"? I would expect to hear a NO. I might still try and get the sale price but I wouldn't expect it.

1herm4matrix
48 posts
Joined May 2009

May 26, 2011 11:46 |  #72

Kronie wrote in post #12482732 (external link)
Yea, but how does the retailer know that that's even true? Why didn't the person just call in?

If my car broke down and I missed a big sale at Sears and I came in two days later and said. "well, I tried to get here but my car wouldn't start. Can you give me the sale price"? I would expect to hear a NO. I might still try and get the sale price but I wouldn't expect it.

What it comes down too is that they agreed to sell it at the sale price on the first call (monday),but upon the process of placing the order over the phone, they just happened to run out. They said it would no longer be available. One week later, website accepts orders with a one to two week delivey to store option. Now i call to place my order,no sale price when on tha past (silver premier member) would be honored that price.

So no, my car did not break down...BB did! And yes I also would like to get the sale price just like you would try.

aboss3
Goldmember
2,616 posts
Joined Jan 2010

May 26, 2011 12:04 |  #73
bannedPermanent ban

I purchased a 5DII from J&R that day. They're on back order, so I'm still waiting for mine to ship. But they were able to price match bestbuy, hence saving on 9.75% CA taxes.

Gear | My gear is changing faster than I can update the signature
VoyageEyewear (external link)

HighDef
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 26, 2011 23:23 |  #74

Im glad I purchased my 60d two weeks ago during the one day sale at B&H.

sponsored links

5,619 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D & 7D Best Buy sale$$
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.