Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 27 Jan 2009 (Tuesday) 23:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

BAYAREA, CA

bboehm
706 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 26, 2011 20:11 |  #691

I finally got around to going though my pics from my San Fran trip. First time I've ever taken my iPhone with me too and had a lot of fun using the HDR+ app. Many people will not like the HDR's, but I think they're kinda cool for a change of pace and was amazed at the HDR quality given just a simple cameraphone.

https://picasaweb.goog​le.com …key=Gv1sRgCNiHu​Z7i3_uwsQE (external link)

7D, 50D, EFS 17-85mm IS, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 2X Extender III, Calumet Genesis 400, Speedlite 430EX, Pocket Wizards

sponsored links
slr_noob
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 31, 2011 16:35 |  #692

Anyone went to FanimeCon during the memorial weekend? It was awesome and quite possibly the happiest day of the year. It's also my first Anime Convention too.

One thing worth mentioning is Yoshiki from X-Japan (drummer, piano) came to the convention for a panel! The wait isn't bad all except his flight was delayed, so everyone in the room was watching the original "Last Live" for a little over an hour. He sounds sweet and brought some cool videos to show us. His English is good (still learning), but you can tell he needs to think for a moment. 40 lucky fans were able to get his autograph. The thing that stink was nobody including the press pass people were allowed to stay in the room to get a picture of him.

Canon 7D
-580EX II
-24-105 f/4L IS USM (Now fixed!)

bior
348 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 31, 2011 16:47 |  #693

I shot two of Fanime's karaoke competitions. I'm have the photos online soon. I'll post here when I do.

Branden - amateur photographer for hire / bored systems administrator probably posting from work
Weapons of choice: 5D2 and a T3 / website will return soon

slr_noob
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 01, 2011 01:45 |  #694

Cool. The champion of the karaoke competition was at the Masquerade. Great voice!

Canon 7D
-580EX II

roosterslayer
994 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 04, 2011 05:32 |  #695

slr_noob wrote in post #12511232 (external link)
Anyone went to FanimeCon during the memorial weekend? It was awesome and quite possibly the happiest day of the year. It's also my first Anime Convention too.

One thing worth mentioning is Yoshiki from X-Japan (drummer, piano) came to the convention for a panel! The wait isn't bad all except his flight was delayed, so everyone in the room was watching the original "Last Live" for a little over an hour. He sounds sweet and brought some cool videos to show us. His English is good (still learning), but you can tell he needs to think for a moment. 40 lucky fans were able to get his autograph. The thing that stink was nobody including the press pass people were allowed to stay in the room to get a picture of him.

my friend went. so jealous she got to see FLOW and yuya matsu****a. :(

flickr (external link)

slr_noob
536 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 07, 2011 17:10 |  #696

I heard people really like the FLOW concert. I was just about to head home when the concert was over and everyone's emotions are very high coming out from the concert hall.

Canon 7D
-580EX II

Fligi7
968 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 10, 2011 10:48 |  #697

Any sports photographers in here that regularly get media passes to events in the area?

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 10, 2011 12:57 |  #698

Fligi7 wrote in post #12569964 (external link)
Any sports photographers in here that regularly get media passes to events in the area?

Yes?

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

Killjoy
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 10, 2011 15:43 |  #699

How about any concert photographers who regularly get cameras into shows?

Some people hunt with a gun. I use a Canon.
My Smugmug (external link) page
All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Fligi7
968 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 10, 2011 15:48 |  #700

Staszek wrote in post #12570642 (external link)
Yes?

I'm looking to progress past it just being a hobby for me, so I'm looking for any opportunities to assist those who have access.

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 10, 2011 16:22 as a reply to  @ Fligi7's post |  #701

Killjoy wrote in post #12571601 (external link)
How about any concert photographers who regularly get cameras into shows?

That's a little easier than professional sports.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)

Fligi7
968 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 10, 2011 16:50 |  #702

Staszek wrote in post #12571765 (external link)
That's a little easier than professional sports.

Not looking to get into pro sports, rather more local college/high school /regional sporting events.

Staszek
Goldmember
3,606 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 10, 2011 17:04 |  #703

Fligi7 wrote in post #12571884 (external link)
Not looking to get into pro sports, rather more local college/high school /regional sporting events.

Most high schools will give you free reign of their fields, etc. just by seeing a nice camera. Don't be shy, just get out there.

bior
348 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jun 13, 2011 18:26 |  #704

slr_noob wrote in post #12514119 (external link)
Cool. The champion of the karaoke competition was at the Masquerade. Great voice!

So here's the main Karaoke Contest shots:
http://www.bf-photo.com/gallery/fani​me11karaoke/ (external link)

And here's the Gong Show photos:
http://www.bf-photo.com/gallery/fani​me11gong/ (external link)

Branden - amateur photographer for hire / bored systems administrator probably posting from work
Weapons of choice: 5D2 and a T3 / website will return soon

Ezekiel97
608 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 14, 2011 22:46 |  #705

Anyone going to shoot the balloon festival this weekend?

Ryan-5D Markii

sponsored links

256,904 views & 1 like for this thread
BAYAREA, CA
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.