Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 31 Dec 2010 (Friday) 07:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= 7D Post Pictures Here (2)

this thread is locked
jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,890 posts
Gallery: 1723 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Jun 04, 2011 16:29 |  #4291

neil_r wrote in post #12534836 (external link)
I take you ypu have never been to Europe then :rolleyes:

Yes I have been. And the comment was made in jest, though apparently, some of you on the other side of the pond are a bit stiff and lack any sense of humor.

Majority of the EU nations' drinking age is 18, which still = "teen"agers. To me, that's still young (though I would even argue 21's not much better).

Regardless drinking age, truth of the matter is that Europeans are a little more lax on the idea of alcohol. That comment doesn't mean you all are bunch of alcoholics. So :rolleyes: right back at you.

Roy Mathers wrote in post #12535758 (external link)
I don't know where you got that idea from, but I suggest you research it a bit!;)

Apparently, alcohol is a touchy subject in UK. :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links
neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Jun 04, 2011 16:54 |  #4292

jwcdds wrote in post #12534742 (external link)
That's because there's no drinking age limitations in Europe!

jwcdds wrote in post #12536230 (external link)
Yes I have been. And the comment was made in jest

I am sorry, there was no indication that it was tongue in cheek (smilie etc) so to me and a few others I suppose it just looked like an ill informed comment being presented as fact.

though apparently, some of you on the other side of the pond are a bit stiff and lack any sense of humor.

Far from it, we are famous for our sense of humour, we even do irony :-)

Majority of the EU nations' drinking age is 18, which still = "teen"agers. To me, that's still young (though I would even argue 21's not much better).

We can send people to war at 18, so it seems only fair that we also let them have a drink.

Regardless drinking age, truth of the matter is that Europeans are a little more lax on the idea of alcohol. That comment doesn't mean you all are bunch of alcoholics. So :rolleyes: right back at you.

We are lax about many things, alcohol, nudity, and our ability to be self depreciating, we also understand geography :-)

LINK (external link)

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,890 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Jun 04, 2011 17:01 |  #4293

neil_r wrote in post #12536312 (external link)
I am sorry, there was no indication that it was tongue in cheek (smilie etc) so to me and a few others I suppose it just looked like an ill informed comment being presented as fact.

Far from it, we are famous for our sense of humour, we even do irony :-)

We can send people to war at 18, so it seems only fair that we also let them have a drink.

We are lax about many things, alcohol, nudity, and our ability to be self depreciating, we also understand geography :-)

LINK (external link)

Geography? Um... I'm going to assume (though I don't know how popular Jay Leno is outside of the States) that you've heard of the show The Tonight Show (w/ Jay Leno). He has a feature called "Jay Walking". If nothing else, that segment showcases how pathetic Americans regarding world news and geography. :lol:

But then there's always this:
LINK *facepalm* (external link)

:lol:

The only thing is Americans don't do so well with self-deprecation in such situations, which just tend to make us (in general, though there are exceptions) more retarded. :D

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
40,716 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Jun 04, 2011 17:04 |  #4294

Well said Neil! :D

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
40,716 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Jun 04, 2011 17:07 |  #4295

jwcdds wrote in post #12536230 (external link)
Apparently, alcohol is a touchy subject in UK. :lol:

Not in the least - that's why our minimum drinking age is lower here than in the US;)

orbitechgr
Goldmember
1,075 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jun 04, 2011 17:19 |  #4296

I think we all need a drink to have a better look at it.. Cheers! :lol:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Gear
Flickr (external link)
Jim

peterbj7
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 04, 2011 19:45 |  #4297

neil_r wrote in post #12536312 (external link)
I am sorry, there was no indication that it was tongue in cheek (smilie etc) so to me and a few others I suppose it just looked like an ill informed comment being presented as fact

I have to say this was my impression as well, but I'm happy it isn't what was intended. I spent 18 months living in rural SW France when I was an early teenager, and wine (watered) was standard at every evening meal and often also at lunch as well. And I developed a taste for aniseed aperitifs which I have subsequently lost. Beer was an absolute no-no at my age (and to me tasted disgusting in any case), but watered wine was absolutely normal.

I'm not absolutely sure what the drinking laws are in Britain in any case. I was brought up to have wine with dinner (if it merited it - not with egg & chips) from before I was a teenager, and to the best of my knowledge that was legal. I couldn't go to a pub until I was 14, not legally at any rate, and I couldn't buy alcohol until I was 18, but I was led to believe I wasn't prohibited from drinking it at home.

When I was 16-17 I went to an unofficial school party where I discovered gin - a whole bottle of it. It was in the middle of winter and my transport for the three miles was a bicycle. I have a perfect recollection of one instant of my return journey, cycling down the white line lane-divider on the local major road with not a care in the world. Fortunately there was no other traffic.

In any case I think I'm evidence that children allowed alcohol as a normal occurrence are not necessarily harmed by it. I now drink in great moderation, and can easily go for a week or longer without any alcohol.

My brother lived in northern Sweden (Umeǻ) for a couple of years after he left university. While he was there there was a story of someone who was stopped by the police whilst driving on suspicion of drinking - at that time there was a zero alcohol limit and zero tolerance for anyone who broke it. He was taken by police car to the nearest police station which was 130 miles away. he was tested and found to have no alcohol in his system, and told he could go. They didn't take him back to his car and he had to hire a taxi - 130 miles!! I do hope Sweden has improved since then!

5D & 7D (both gripped), 24-105L, 100-400L, 15-85, 50 f1.8, Tamron 28-75, Sigma 12-24, G10, EX-Z55 & U/W housing, A1+10 lenses, tripods, lighting gear, etc. etc.
"I prefer radio to television. The pictures are better"

WRXTACY
763 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jun 04, 2011 19:46 as a reply to  @ peterbj7's post |  #4298

IMAGE: http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6615/imgfb0407.jpg

IMAGE: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/931/imgfb0381.jpg

IMAGE: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8913/imgfb0348.jpg

-Brandon-
Canon 5D Mark 2 | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 135mm f/2.0 L | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 IS L
Full Gear List | My flickr (external link)

peterbj7
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 04, 2011 19:48 |  #4299

I forgot to say to Magnus - lovely picture of the Rover 100. We had one of those many moons ago. It looks in remarkably good condition for such an old car used in such a northerly climate (with lots of salt on the roads. But what car does the wire wheel belong to?

5D & 7D (both gripped), 24-105L, 100-400L, 15-85, 50 f1.8, Tamron 28-75, Sigma 12-24, G10, EX-Z55 & U/W housing, A1+10 lenses, tripods, lighting gear, etc. etc.
"I prefer radio to television. The pictures are better"

Tellairai
108 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 04, 2011 22:39 |  #4300

New pics up tomorrow =)

yjt
359 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jun 04, 2011 22:43 |  #4301

7D + 24-70

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2021/5744631832_500ccbbccc_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/yjt/5744631832/  (external link)
Rose (external link) by yujent (external link), on Flickr

7D (Gripped) || 24-70 f2.8L || 50 f1.4 || 70-200mm f4L
Flickr (external link)

drew
809 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 04, 2011 22:51 |  #4302

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/5798335879_f070c463ba_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/drew_dslr/57983​35879/  (external link)
Friendly Neighbor (external link) by drew_dslr (external link), on Flickr

It was fun climbing on my roof!

7D | EOS M | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM | Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM | flickr (external link)

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,890 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Jun 05, 2011 00:01 |  #4303

IMAGE: http://julianchen.smugmug.com/Misc/Lens/Canon-50L/i-wkGzgFH/1/L/20110604-IMG9570-L.jpg

Julian

drew
809 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 05, 2011 00:20 |  #4304

yum

7D | EOS M | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM | Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM | flickr (external link)

1avatar
91 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 05, 2011 00:26 |  #4305

Prom night in the Drumheller Badlands...

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/5798461771_ecbbf4fa32_b.jpg

Check out my website at http://fymphoto.com (external link)
Drop by and leave a comment on my Facebook page at - http://www.facebook.co​m/fymphoto (external link)
Portrait | Lifestyle | Travel & Adventure Photography

sponsored links

2,015,631 views & 0 likes for this thread
-= 7D Post Pictures Here (2)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.