Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 05 Jun 2011 (Sunday) 07:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sports Shooter Portfolio

dennykyser
964 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jun 05, 2011 07:35 |  #1

Thanks to many on here on selecting and other advice I was accepted to sports shooters, so Thanks to those who helped.

It was a goal to become a member once I realized their high expectation and difficulty to make.
Here is the portfolio I entered.

http://www.kyserphoto.​com/SportsShooter/ (external link)

Gear
Website (external link)
SportsShooters (external link)
MaxPreps (external link)

sponsored links
clarence
Goldmember
2,204 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 05, 2011 08:13 |  #2

The SS portfolio comes up (congrats on SS, BTW), but did your home page get hacked?

For Sale: 1D, T1i, 800mm, 600mm

5D3, 1D4, 7D, 600/4L, 200/1.8L, Sigmonster 300-800mm, 80-200/2.8L MDP, 28-70/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.4, 12-24mm, (4) 550EXs, (4) WL strobes, PW MiniTT1/FlexTT5s/AC3/A​C9s
LoCo-Photo.com (external link)

dennykyser
THREAD ­ STARTER
964 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jun 05, 2011 08:26 |  #3

clarence wrote in post #12539156 (external link)
The SS portfolio comes up (congrats on SS, BTW), but did your home page get hacked?

Don't think so, why do you ask?

Never mind, I guess it did. How in the world did that happen. I am trying to reload my website now, I can not believe that happened. Thanks for telling me by the way.
I got the website fixed, but had to redirect the blog, they wiped that out and it was going to some BS site. i also changed the password to the control panel of my website.

Gear
Website (external link)
MaxPreps (external link)

snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,083 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 05, 2011 11:41 |  #4

Great news! The first 7 are beautiful, the last three were so-so. No real story in the couple of football shots and the backside of a player dunking was a 'miss' by most accounts.

Again, congrats. You have some really nice shots there and I sincerely hope it turns into a money-maker for the effort.

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

rady
82 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 05, 2011 16:37 as a reply to  @ snyderman's post |  #5

Welcome to SS! :) I just renewed my membership so i'm gonna be there for at least another year!

SS (external link) - Blog (external link) - Pixelpost (external link)
1DMKIIN 17-40L LB2.0 85 70-200L 300L 430ex 285hv AB800 CyberSyncs

Effectivepull
117 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 07, 2011 18:09 |  #6

Last weekend while shooting NCAA Baseball Regionals, I had an SS photographer offer to sponsor me. I'm uncertain if I am good enough to even be considered but what is the benefit(s) of being a member of SS other than saying you're a member of SS?

scottwuphotography.com (external link) 500px (external link); Google+ (external link)
Canon 7D, S95

J.Napier
886 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 09, 2011 02:40 |  #7

Congrats.

Jeff
Gear List
www.jni-ss.com / (external link)Blog (external link)
Sportshooterpage (external link) / Maxpreps (external link)
Facebook  (external link)/

Brian_R
Goldmember
2,656 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 11, 2011 13:02 |  #8

some of those are great but out of all you can do without the basketball shot. you cant even see the players face.

NickJushchyshyn
289 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 20, 2011 19:43 |  #9

Congrats! The captions were great, and every bit as important as the photos. I think your caption for the basketball shot easily changed that from a so-so entry to perfect given your inclusion of the crowd response in the description. Nice work!

www.techvantics.com (external link)

dennykyser
THREAD ­ STARTER
964 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jun 20, 2011 20:13 |  #10

NickJushchyshyn wrote in post #12628583 (external link)
Congrats! The captions were great, and every bit as important as the photos. I think your caption for the basketball shot easily changed that from a so-so entry to perfect given your inclusion of the crowd response in the description. Nice work!

Thanks and I needed that caption. This was the first time in 10 years that its happened at this school so was really great for everyone there. These little schools do not get to see this often and they did go nuts.

Capturing it for this kid was such a good feeling, like coaches and fans said, was his first, and possibly last dunk and to have it captured is priceless.

Gear
Website (external link)
MaxPreps (external link)

JLBS
794 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2009

Jun 21, 2011 16:52 |  #11

Congrats!!

Jos Luis Silva-A Portuguese guy living in Brazil - "Stringer @ "CODIGO19.COM.BR"
Canon 1D Mkiv, Canon 5D MKII, Canon 50D-Canon L 300mm 2.8-Canon 70-200mm L 2.8-Canon 24-105mm L

sponsored links

2,137 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sports Shooter Portfolio
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.