Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 06 Jun 2011 (Monday) 19:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rita

charlie_merrifi
559 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 06, 2011 19:54 |  #1

so i know a couple things i did wrong and know better. camera on flash and high iso. oh well next time. She is a great model not a whining princes like a lot. C&C welcome.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i191.photobucke​t.com …tick_flicker/IM​G_3649.jpg (external link)

http://i191.photobucke​t.com …tick_flicker/IM​G_3646.jpg (external link)

http://i191.photobucke​t.com …tick_flicker/IM​G_3641.jpg (external link)

http://i191.photobucke​t.com …tick_flicker/IM​G_3638.jpg (external link)

Canon 5D classic, Canon XS, Sigma 24-70 2.8 HSM, EF 50mm 1.8 II, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens,Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 III, Sigma Ef-500 DG super flash, Sigma EF-530 DG Super Flash

sponsored links
JTX
Goldmember
1,777 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 07, 2011 00:02 |  #2

I think you did pretty good. Learning is half the battle.

http://gallerytx.com (external link)
5DMK3 & 7DMK2 - 10-22, 50mm-1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8L II, 100-400mmL, 70-200 F/2.8L IS II / 270EX, 580EXII  :p
Celestron Ultima 11 Schmidt-Cassegrain

kuraz
624 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 07, 2011 00:12 |  #3

try using a longer focal length in some of these

Gear

vid1900
557 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jun 07, 2011 00:31 |  #4

Pretty good. Nice model.

Take a rag with you and wipe her feet off between poses.

Anytime you say you will "fix it in Photoshop", stop and figure out how you can fix it on the spot.

No bragging list - I just rent whatever the job requires.

charlie_merrifi
THREAD ­ STARTER
559 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 07, 2011 08:22 |  #5

Yeah it was verydark behind the falls. Atthe moment my only lens is tbe 24-70.. I was maxed out on focal length

Canon 5D classic, Canon XS, Sigma 24-70 2.8 HSM, EF 50mm 1.8 II, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens,Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 III, Sigma Ef-500 DG super flash, Sigma EF-530 DG Super Flash

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,244 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 07, 2011 08:44 |  #6

vid1900 wrote in post #12549760 (external link)
Pretty good. Nice model.

Take a rag with you and wipe her feet off between poses.

Anytime you say you will "fix it in Photoshop", stop and figure out how you can fix it on the spot.

charlie_merrifi wrote in post #12550887 (external link)
Yeah it was verydark behind the falls. Atthe moment my only lens is tbe 24-70.. I was maxed out on focal length

good start.

get the flash off-camera. something as simple as a cheap umbrella on a stand will do wonders compared to using the flash on-camera.

concerning the comment about photoshop above, I like the way Zack Arias states it on his Onelight DVD:

“If you find yourself out shooting a client and you are saying in your head. “UHH… I’ll just fix that later in photoshop…” stop what your are doing and slap yourself as hard as you can” :lol:

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

JayZ235
492 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 07, 2011 12:55 |  #7

If you're maxed out on focal length then get those legs moving and walk in closer! If there are whatever reasons stopping you from doing so, the crop em down in post. I'm seeing quite a bit of dead space in these photos that is distracting from the model. Cut off feet are a no no (first image) as well as having random muddy dirty feet (first and third image). I'd say your third image is the strongest of the set but it's kind of an awkward pose/stance she's in (just her lower body). I'd suggest shooting with her again if you're able and having her be a practice model. The more comfortable the two of you become, i have a feeling your photos will improve

bboehm
706 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 07, 2011 13:17 |  #8

I like all the suggestions above and my add to this would be to try different shooting positions. Appears you are pretty much shooting down on her all the time. To me, these are the most un-flattering types of shots. Get down and shoot level or shoot up from a lower position for some different effects.

7D, 50D, EFS 17-85mm IS, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 2X Extender III, Calumet Genesis 400, Speedlite 430EX, Pocket Wizards

charlie_merrifi
THREAD ­ STARTER
559 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 07, 2011 14:37 |  #9

Thanks guys. Definatley somethings to think about. Unfortunatley getting closer or lower was impossible hete or id be underwater.

PLLphotography
with the TF
5,244 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 07, 2011 14:41 |  #10

as long as your camera stays dry :-)

I went to the rain forest in Puerto Rico and was waist up at the bottom of some of the falls. my camera was literally inches off the water so I could get some waterfall shots.

do what you gotta do to get the shot you want :-)

Phillip - phillipwardphotography​.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN

sponsored links

2,369 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rita
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.