Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 11 Jun 2011 (Saturday) 13:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Billingham Hadley... 2 bodies?

iwasinvertedx
718 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 11, 2011 13:42 |  #1

Which will fit 2 bodies with 2 primes attached? and other smaller accessories
the pro or the large? i dont want to get an unecessarily large bag since i have think tank international for carrying everything with me.

i'm in love with this bag.
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …y_Shoulder_Bag_​Large.html (external link)

anyone with experience please chime in

Portfolio (external link)

sponsored links
RandyS
Goldmember
1,046 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Jun 11, 2011 14:36 |  #2

It will totally depend on which bodies & which primes. Two 1Ds bodies a 200/2 & 300/2.8 ... no way.

With smaller bodies & lenses most likely. I have an original Hadley, and just now tried a 10D & 5DmkII with a 135/2 & 100/2.8 (with hoods) and that didn't really fit. Not so that you could work out of it.

But ... this is an original Hadley. The one you linked to is 2" wider & 2" taller. That 2" would have made the difference with the pair of bodies/lenses I just tried (no battery grips). I'd say that the fit would be a bit tight, but still very usable to work out of. And there would still be plenty of room for essentials like a CPL or two, spare batteries & memory, a cleaning cloth and maybe other essentials in the front pockets.

The Hadley is my #1 bag. Mine is probably about 15 years old and has seen a lot of miles. Nothing is worn out on it and it still looks pretty much like new.

iwasinvertedx
THREAD ­ STARTER
718 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 11, 2011 15:28 |  #3

hmm thats good to hear. i managed to squeeze in 2 5D's with a 35L and 85 1.8 into my tenba insert that i use in a messenger. hopefully they're similar in size.

Portfolio (external link)

AtMostFear
139 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 12, 2011 11:52 |  #4

I have the Hadley Pro, this one http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ley_Pro_Shoulde​r_Bag.html (external link) which is slightly smaller than the one you linked.

I normally put my ungripped 5DII with 35L attached, 50 1.4, 70-200 II and a 430EXII. But it's a really tight fit, and heavy (as a shoulder bag).

I just tried fitting it with only a 5DII and 35L, and you might be able to fit another camera with a lens of the same size (might be a tight fit), but you're going to have to position the cameras facing horizontal position instead of facing down and you'll need to remove the dividers. Two cameras with non-L primes? I'd say they'll fit easily as non-L primes are so much smaller.

5DII | 35L | 70-200 II | 50 1.4 | 430EXII | Gitzo GT1541T + Markins Q3T

makande
174 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jun 13, 2011 11:18 |  #5

Found a little review of the Hadley Pro, you may want to check it out.

Billingham Hadley Pro camera bag (external link)

Please, call me "Marco"
Olympus OM10 | Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.8 | Olympus Zuiko 135mm 3.5
LowePro Terraclime 100
flickr (external link)

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 13, 2011 12:04 |  #6

Thanks makande. Great link!
I don't have a Billingham yet. As a long-ago Leica owner, I've always had Billingham lust. It's time for me to realize that my d300s has a grip on it, and the Hadley Pro won't work for me. So your post has great value for me!
Best,

Dave

makande
174 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jun 13, 2011 12:27 |  #7

No problem, DaveL.

I too am really interested in the Hadley Pro, so for the last week or so I've read some reviews and that is one of them...
I'll probably buy the HP this summer.

Please, call me "Marco"
Olympus OM10 | Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.8 | Olympus Zuiko 135mm 3.5
LowePro Terraclime 100
flickr (external link)

AtMostFear
139 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 13, 2011 15:18 |  #8

in case you guys haven't seen this video review yet http://youtu.be/e2xBZi​Co7W4 (external link).

I bought my Hadley Pro after watching it.

5DII | 35L | 70-200 II | 50 1.4 | 430EXII | Gitzo GT1541T + Markins Q3T

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 13, 2011 15:24 |  #9

Thanks for posting. I haven't seen that.
Best,

Dave

sponsored links

1,810 views & 0 likes for this thread
Billingham Hadley... 2 bodies?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.