Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 17 Apr 2011 (Sunday) 10:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

iPad. How much photo storage are you using?

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2009

May 27, 2011 10:27 |  #16

kokakaste2 wrote in post #12487583 (external link)
And what about when you are not near wifi? (assuming that its not a 3G model iPad).

has nothing to do with it, they are synced when you have a connection, and then they're on your ipad.
- they look incredible.
- and it takes a fraction of the size

i'm serious, please everyone just try it. trust me. it's 100% perfect. and WAY WAY WAY better/easier/more impressive than syncing with itunes. and it doesn't require you to EXPORT jpg to your computer to sync.

just EXPORT from LR to smugmug or flickr.

BAG Reviews, master list!
Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

sponsored links
kokakaste2
Goldmember
3,546 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 27, 2011 12:32 |  #17

Dj R wrote in post #12488877 (external link)
has nothing to do with it, they are synced when you have a connection, and then they're on your ipad.
- they look incredible.

i'm serious, please everyone just try it. trust me. it's 100% perfect. and WAY WAY WAY better/easier/more impressive than syncing with itunes. and it doesn't require you to EXPORT jpg to your computer to sync.

Sounds interesting, I looked for a flickr app and only found one for iPhone. :(

Oskar (Oscar) - stuff I use- Flickr (external link) - My Facebook page (external link) :)

wookiee2cu
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 27, 2011 15:46 |  #18

Keep in mind that the OS on the iPad eats up 4.9GB's. For example I have a 64GB iPad 2 but the capacity is 59.1GB. Something to think about if you are looking at the 16GB model.

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 27, 2011 17:40 |  #19

kokakaste2 wrote in post #12489518 (external link)
Sounds interesting, I looked for a flickr app and only found one for iPhone. :(

My apologies. The flickr app for iPad is called photo pad. Enjoy!

Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

Dj ­ R
Goldmember
2,988 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 27, 2011 17:43 |  #20

Check out this application on the App Store:

Photo Pad: Flickr - Sync Photos
MMW Apps
Category: Photography
Updated: Dec 07, 2010
7 Ratings

Tons of Sony gear
Some Canon gear

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

May 27, 2011 17:47 |  #21

wookiee2cu wrote in post #12490446 (external link)
Keep in mind that the OS on the iPad eats up 4.9GB's. For example I have a 64GB iPad 2 but the capacity is 59.1GB. Something to think about if you are looking at the 16GB model.

That's probably not because of the OS. It's because Apple (like most every other storage maker out there) gives you "Marketing" GB, which are 64,000,000,000 bytes; converted to "real" GB, that's around 59.6 GB (using the computer science definition of 1024 bytes/KB and on up from there). Check your memory card sizes next time you have a card in your computer's reader.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

kokakaste2
Goldmember
3,546 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 27, 2011 18:21 |  #22

Dj R wrote in post #12490905 (external link)
My apologies. The flickr app for iPad is called photo pad. Enjoy!

Thanks, will check it out. :) iTunes photo sync is not the best, so maybe I will like this more. :)

Jon wrote in post #12490938 (external link)
That's probably not because of the OS. It's because Apple (like most every other storage maker out there) gives you "Marketing" GB, which are 64,000,000,000 bytes; converted to "real" GB, that's around 59.6 GB (using the computer science definition of 1024 bytes/KB and on up from there). Check your memory card sizes next time you have a card in your computer's reader.

This is tricky for most people who are not into the computers. :)

Oskar (Oscar) - stuff I use- Flickr (external link) - My Facebook page (external link) :)

omgkvn
49 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 27, 2011 21:26 |  #23

I have a 32gb wifi
if i had the chance i would have paid the extra 100 to get more memory.

Inqe
MacGyver of wedding photography assistants
226 posts
Joined Jul 2010

May 29, 2011 23:21 as a reply to  @ post 12487583 |  #24

I would definitely purchase the largest size available my next go-round! I thought I wouldn't put that many photos on there...well, I did. Really, it's mostly all of my apps and a couple of movies...but it's already nearly full. :(. I wished I would have nit listened to my friend and have at least purchased the 32gb. I just HATE being limited and I want to make very specific galleries of different sorts on my 16gb iPad o.g. And now I'm finding I need to remove a bunch of apps and music. Granted, I might probably never need 64gb...but, since I'm growing with my iPad and it's capabilities very day...I don't want to come up against this limitation wall ever again.

:eek: I can't believe after ALL these years, I finally have a 5D MKII!!! It's glorious! It's MY PRECIOUS!!:cool:
40D-Gripped, Canon 50 1.4, 85 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5-5.6, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Sigma 24-70 2.8, Lensbaby 2.0, 580EX, 550EX, PW's.
www.FortuitousPhotogra​phy.com (external link)

Inqe
MacGyver of wedding photography assistants
226 posts
Joined Jul 2010

May 29, 2011 23:24 |  #25

Dj R wrote in post #12490918 (external link)
Check out this application on the App Store:

Photo Pad: Flickr - Sync Photos
MMW Apps
Category: Photography
Updated: Dec 07, 2010
7 Ratings

Oh yeah...I use photo pad. It's snazzy! But now I've discovered flckrstckr....it's even better!

:eek: I can't believe after ALL these years, I finally have a 5D MKII!!! It's glorious! It's MY PRECIOUS!!:cool:
40D-Gripped, Canon 50 1.4, 85 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5-5.6, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Sigma 24-70 2.8, Lensbaby 2.0, 580EX, 550EX, PW's.
www.FortuitousPhotogra​phy.com (external link)

gosundevils
401 posts
Joined Nov 2010

May 30, 2011 08:56 as a reply to  @ post 12487583 |  #26

I've got a 16gb iPad 2 I plan on using as a field viewer... basically a big review screen.

5DmkII – 50 1.4 USM – 28 1.8 USM
full gear list
flickr (external link)
www.osephj.com (external link)

trekkiestud
109 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 13, 2011 13:18 |  #27

There's actually an ipad external hard drive solution out there if you are interested. There's a breakdown of it on this guy's wordpress blog. It's the Hyperdrive Storage Device

5D Mark III Giveaway on Facebook (external link)

Venno
151 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 13, 2011 13:38 |  #28

I've only got a 16gb one and currently have 2gb worth of photos on it.

I don't think i'll go over 2gb on it though as i've got a good few apps, music and videos.

When the third generation comes out i'll be getting a larger capacity one.

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 13, 2011 15:25 |  #29

trekkiestud wrote in post #12586017 (external link)
There's actually an ipad external hard drive solution out there if you are interested. There's a breakdown of it on this guy's wordpress blog. It's the Hyperdrive Storage Device

Thanks!
Much appreciated.

Dave

mdd770
THREAD ­ STARTER
155 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 18, 2011 23:07 |  #30

Dj R wrote in post #12488877 (external link)
- they look incredible.

I have Zenfolio. I wonder if that works too? They have a great app for ipad.
I don't have flikr. Maybe I should get it.

Canon 5d Mark II, Canon S95.
Lightroom 5, CS6, various plugins.

sponsored links

7,489 views & 0 likes for this thread
iPad. How much photo storage are you using?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.