Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 15 Oct 2010 (Friday) 03:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

[Pics] Timbuk2 Snooper Camera Messenger

BBrat
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 22, 2010 06:57 |  #16

shotbyb wrote in post #11142072 (external link)
I think it's the cross strap. You loop it on the main strap and clip it on the bottom of the bag to keep it from moving around. I don't have the Snooper exactly, but I do have a regular messenger bag from them and it came with that.

Thanks, pretty obvious now that I look at it.

Brian Gear List

sponsored links
Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 22, 2010 15:35 |  #17

Uggg, I'm totally slammed in work right now since midterms are next week so I don't have any good photos yet. But here's a pic I snapped after class of my setup.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

5DMKII + 24-70mm f/2.8L (reversed hood), 1v + 50mm f/1.2L (reversed hood) (Olympus 21mm f/3.5 and Contax Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 are under the 1V), 135mm f/2L (hood extended) and a Sekonic L-758DR.

Gear List
ACCD

Vaya
67 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 25, 2010 19:20 |  #18

Anybody who owns the small version of this bag mind taking a pic of it on? I just want to see how it looks when against the body.

Flickr (external link) | 5DII | 50 1.4

randomlinh
992 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 25, 2010 19:29 |  #19

took timbuk2 long enough. i shoved a tenba padding insert in my small classic messenger. worked great, if not a bit tight.

StayLucky
719 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 10, 2011 00:08 |  #20

With this being a bag that sounds to conform to your body, without the laptop in it, do you notice any movement of your gear within the padded compartments? With my 7MDH I never worry about my stuff jostling around, but with this bag I'd be a little worried.

Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 12, 2011 00:42 |  #21

Gear doesn't move around and being able to zip it shut is nice.

Gear List
ACCD

CJSmith
390 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 12, 2011 01:32 |  #22

Since this thread popped back up, can we get a quick comparison/recommendat​ion on the Snoop Vs 7MDH? Thanks Depth. I have a 7MDH that I just bought and have not used yet and am wondering if I should have gotten the Snoop.

6D, Σ15 FE, 17mm TS-E, 24-105, 70-300L, 40mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8, 100L, 600EX-RT, Kenko 2X MC4, Kenko Tubes
www.OutofChicago.com:external link The Chicago Photography Experience
Flickrexternal link

mitch2k1
129 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 12, 2011 02:14 |  #23

I've been using the bag sine the fall, typically with a 5D Mk II, 24-70 mounted, 17-40, 70-200 2.8 and either a 50 1.4 or my 14mm. Very comfortable to carry, very secure. I've never noticed, or worried about gear moving, and with the straps you can close the bag up tight or leave it loose for quick shooting. I've also gone with 2 bodies with lenses attached and maybe one more lens. In comparison to the 7MDH, similar in size and depending upon how you configure it will carry about the same. Having owned the 7MDH previously, I like the Snoop better for working out of,and being more low key. Living in the great northwet the weatherproof construction is a huge plus.

Gear List:
Canon 5D MkIII
24-105mm f4L 70-200mm f2.8L Zeiss 50mm 1.4 Zeiss 18mm 3.5 Zeiss 25mm 2.0 100mm 2.8 Macro USM

CJSmith
390 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 12, 2011 08:54 as a reply to  @ mitch2k1's post |  #24

Thanks Mitch, that helps. I'm thinking I may make the switch.

6D, Σ15 FE, 17mm TS-E, 24-105, 70-300L, 40mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8, 100L, 600EX-RT, Kenko 2X MC4, Kenko Tubes
Flickrexternal link

Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 12, 2011 15:26 |  #25

My 7MDH has really been collecting dust since I got the Snoop. I just use it to store gear now, lol. I love the Snoop since it still functions like my other Timbuk2 bags. Tighten it up and it sits tight on my back (making it useful for hikes, biking, etc...).

I've gotten my 7MDH to kind of sit the same but the strap sucks in comparison and because of the design of the bag/materials used it doesn't conform like the Snoop does. Really, the 7MDH is a shoulder bag and the Snoop is a messenger bag. And for my uses a messenger bag is preferable.

Gear List
ACCD

CJSmith
390 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 12, 2011 19:57 as a reply to  @ Depth's post |  #26

Great. That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Depth.

Flickrexternal link

hienz
452 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 13, 2011 21:17 |  #27

Depth wrote in post #12581128 (external link)
Tighten it up and it sits tight on my back (making it useful for hikes, biking, etc...).

I'm curious as to how comfy it is using the bag while biking. I've always been afraid to ride with my gear because of fear of discomfort and falling (crushing my bag) :o.

stevenhien.com (external link)
5D2 | XT1

StayLucky
719 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 13, 2011 22:14 |  #28

Do you find that the medium size snoop can hold more gear or is bigger than the 7mdh? Sometimes it feels like my gear is a bit hard to get in and out of my 7mdh which is a good and bad thing I think.

Depth
THREAD ­ STARTER
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 14, 2011 00:04 |  #29

hienz wrote in post #12588768 (external link)
I'm curious as to how comfy it is using the bag while biking. I've always been afraid to ride with my gear because of fear of discomfort and falling (crushing my bag) :o.

Really comfy.

StayLucky wrote in post #12589062 (external link)
Do you find that the medium size snoop can hold more gear or is bigger than the 7mdh? Sometimes it feels like my gear is a bit hard to get in and out of my 7mdh which is a good and bad thing I think.

It can hold more gear.

Gear List
ACCD

StayLucky
719 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 14, 2011 13:52 |  #30

Glad to hear that.

Would you also say it has more room for accessories, like batteries, chargers, cards, manuals, triggers, etc etc. than the 7mdh does? I find that I'm almost ALWAYS stuffing stuff anywhere I can because of the lack of space for accessories.

I'm between a Medium Snoop and a Think Tank Retrospective 30 for my next bag. I just love the Timbuk2 bags so much, they sit perfectly on my back. Right where I want them, safe and secure.

sponsored links

8,932 views & 0 likes for this thread
[Pics] Timbuk2 Snooper Camera Messenger
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.