Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

Daedalus34r
477 posts
Joined May 2010

Jun 17, 2011 13:27 |  #2026

dalto wrote in post #12610429 (external link)
Mine came in an email a few hours after I received the order confirmation.

this.

BODY :: EOS 7D, EOS 50D
GLASS :: 17-55 f/2.8 , 50 f/1.4 , 70-200 f/4L IS, 150 f/2.8 EX Macro , 10-20 f/4-5.6 EX , 30 f/1.4 EX
EXTRAS :: 430EX II , Kata R-103 Bag , Tenba Messenger Bag :: WISH LIST :: 100 f/2
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro Review

sponsored links
aboss3
Goldmember
2,616 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 17, 2011 13:49 |  #2027
bannedPermanent ban

No they are supposed to email them. Last time I got my labels 5 min after the call-in order. This time I got label the next day.
I don't think they're using snail-mail....

Gear | My gear is changing faster than I can update the signature
VoyageEyewear (external link)

Bokehlicious
809 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 17, 2011 13:57 |  #2028

Yeah, called CLP, was told to wait a few days before calling back and that they'll waive the 10 day requirement for sending in the "broken camera".

portlander380
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined May 2011

Jun 17, 2011 14:47 |  #2029

whotaketh wrote in post #12610017 (external link)
As an aside to the larger audience, is having a linux box still the only way to determine the shutter clicks? I was reading about EOSInfo, but I see responses that it both works and doesn't work.

I have successfully used gphoto2 under Linux every time to determine the accurate shutter count. EOSInfo does not work with newer Canon cameras. I have tried it with 60D with no luck.

I have a couple of Linux machines but I am mostly using Windows. So I went ahead and installed Linux as a virtual machine, using the free VirtualBox software. It comes in handy for this sort of thing.

I have been meaning to port ghoto2 to Windows to make it easy for others. If there is enough demand, I might go through with it.

whotaketh
200 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jun 17, 2011 15:21 |  #2030

portlander380 wrote in post #12610963 (external link)
I have successfully used gphoto2 under Linux every time to determine the accurate shutter count. EOSInfo does not work with newer Canon cameras. I have tried it with 60D with no luck.

I have a couple of Linux machines but I am mostly using Windows. So I went ahead and installed Linux as a virtual machine, using the free VirtualBox software. It comes in handy for this sort of thing.

I have been meaning to port ghoto2 to Windows to make it easy for others. If there is enough demand, I might go through with it.

It seems to work fine for the 5d2. I tested it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't misreading, and each time it came up with the same number so I'm happy with it.

- 60D(w/ Zeikos grip) - 5d2 - 70-200 f2.8L IS I - 85 1.8 - Sigma 50 1.4 DG HSM - 24 1.4L II - 580EX II

Bokehlicious
809 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 17, 2011 15:26 |  #2031

as posted in the OP, "40D, 50D, and 5DMII can be determined with EOSinfo"

newer bodies can't

bemerick
673 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 17, 2011 15:33 |  #2032

also works on my XSi

Canon S110 / Canon EOS 5D Mark II | 17-40 L f4 USM | 50 f1.4 USM | 70-200 L f2.8 IS II USM | 430EX II

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 17, 2011 15:41 |  #2033

portlander380 wrote in post #12610963 (external link)

I do the same, but if someone were able to port it to Windows, they'd go high up in the Karma rankings :D

My Gearlist

dodolom
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined May 2011

Jun 17, 2011 19:04 |  #2034

ZOMG....so excited...Just placed an order for the 7D...should be here some time this coming week...Wohoooo

jffuerte
648 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jun 17, 2011 19:33 |  #2035

Got my 7D today, looks brand new without a mark on it. Didn't check actuations on linux as I don't care long as it looks brand new and works perfectly. One funny thing is that the camera kinda smells like weed lol. Maybe Canon has some potsmokers doing the refurbs? lol, really just a hint of it but my GF agrees it kinda smells like cleansing product of some sort and weed

-Jerel
Instagram (external link)
Fuerte Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link)
500px (external link)

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 17, 2011 19:39 |  #2036

jffuerte wrote in post #12612262 (external link)
Got my 7D today, looks brand new without a mark on it. Didn't check actuations on linux as I don't care long as it looks brand new and works perfectly. One funny thing is that the camera kinda smells like weed lol. Maybe Canon has some potsmokers doing the refurbs? lol, really just a hint of it but my GF agrees it kinda smells like cleansing product of some sort and weed

So... you know what marijuana smells like?

My Gearlist

ninetwentynine
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 17, 2011 19:45 as a reply to  @ MOkoFOko's post |  #2037

i don't smoke, but i know what it smells like lol.

bemerick
673 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jun 17, 2011 19:56 |  #2038

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12612285 (external link)
So... you know what marijuana smells like?

so...... have you ever been to a concert or lived in a dorm? ;)

Canon S110 / Canon EOS 5D Mark II | 17-40 L f4 USM | 50 f1.4 USM | 70-200 L f2.8 IS II USM | 430EX II

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 17, 2011 20:18 |  #2039

bemerick wrote in post #12612372 (external link)
so...... have you ever been to a concert or lived in a dorm? ;)

Concerts, no, dorms, yes. But, it was engineers only, and the nerdy preppy kind. None would even admit to sneaking in alcohol :) I wasn't aware that everyone who went to college is capable of detecting such substances :D Hippies... hippies everywhere!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My Gearlist

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 17, 2011 20:26 |  #2040

Fligi7 wrote in post #12609751 (external link)
They would not put me in a queue for a replacement when I was looking to send mine back and they were OOS. I specifically asked if that could be done and they (two different people on different days) said they have no way of doing so. They said I just had to call back when they were back in stock.

Seriously? I asked about their process back in October when I last bought a 5d2--and I asked what they'll do if mine was defective and no replacements were currently in stock. The CSR said they'd get a return authorization number and case code, and put you on their list to contact once more stock came in.

Different CSRs may say different things.

My Gearlist

sponsored links

453,611 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.