Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 07 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 17:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Softball Districts

Magic ­ 24
547 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 07, 2011 17:25 |  #1

It was very hot (heat index 96) and with the 12 Noon game the sun was blistering. Here's a few!

Composite bats really flex!

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2323/5808437955_0e3605a688_b.jpg

Bases loaded and she got the job done with a two run RBI single.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Catcher's have good eyes...too bad I didn't see the Photog in the background!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Could be cropped tighter but I'm leaving room for the buyer to size it their way...geez I sound like a hamburger commercial.

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2152/5808439941_1f8833124e_b.jpg

Thank goodness there was only two games!!

Andy

sponsored links
clover4
121 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 07, 2011 17:38 |  #2

Nice shot of the catcher - So much respect for the girls/guys behind the plate! especially in the heat!

Canon 5d iii, Canon 70-200mm f2.8L, 1.4x ii, 50mm 1.8 II, 430 EX II

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,641 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 07, 2011 21:59 |  #3

like 1 and 3, the contact in 1 is excellent and that catcher shot is great.

Magic ­ 24
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 15, 2011 18:37 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #4

Missed Regionals...these are from Quarterfinals.

The bad - the score was 7 - 2...after she touched the plate it was 7 - 6:cry:...the good we still won, 9 - 6 and on to State!!:D

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Returning the favor, but only for two!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Just got her cast off two or three days ago...she's the one in the previous shot...Yup! HR just out of a cast!!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

S-A-F-E!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

The Coach...getting ready to do his "Jig" :D

Andy

Magic ­ 24
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 15, 2011 18:49 as a reply to  @ Magic 24's post |  #5

And the Offensive side of the game!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5115/5837729732_3482961b48_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3273/5837179439_bf9b4d372c_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/5837176601_6740020e2f_b.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Thanks...Andy

sun5150
160 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 18, 2011 00:35 as a reply to  @ Magic 24's post |  #6

Great stuff!!!

Karim1980
236 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 19, 2011 10:53 |  #7

Andy,

WOW, very nice shots, this is quite impressive. I too will be starting to shoot some baseball games in a few weeks and I just hope I can capture some of the shots the way you have. Do you mind sharing your setup please?

Thanks,
Karim.

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,328 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jun 20, 2011 01:16 as a reply to  @ Karim1980's post |  #8

Very nice series of shots. You've captured the game excellently. #1 is probably my favorite of the bunch. I always hated catching in the heat. We played a game in Florida in August my senior year. Ohio is hot enough w/ the humidity, but Florida in August just sucked.

Just a head's up though, you're only permitted 8 images hosted elsewhere. Don't want you to get dinged or anything.

Allowed # of images: In 'Photo Sharing' section:

1. You may attach *) maximum of two (2) photos per thread. This means: you may attach up to 2 photos when you start a new thread. You may attach additional photos if requested, but only in a reply to other member's post and request.
  2. You may embed **) maximum of eight (8) photos per thread. This means: you may embed up to 8 photos when you start a new thread. You may embed additional photos if requested, but only in a reply to other member's post. If photo size exceeds 1024x1024 box, you may not embed it: post a link (URL) to it instead.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

Magic ­ 24
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 20, 2011 11:43 |  #9

sun5150 wrote in post #12613754 (external link)
Great stuff!!!

Thanks!

Karim1980 wrote in post #12619897 (external link)
Andy,

WOW, very nice shots, this is quite impressive. I too will be starting to shoot some baseball games in a few weeks and I just hope I can capture some of the shots the way you have. Do you mind sharing your setup please?

Thanks,
Karim.

Thank you...Canon Mk III with a 70-200 f2.8L w/1.4x, I try to keep the shutter at or about 5000 to freeze bat and ball (3200 being low). ISO usually comes in at 800 (in Av) but can go as high as 2000...any higher, things get speckled.

asysin2leads wrote in post #12623890 (external link)
Very nice series of shots. You've captured the game excellently. #1 is probably my favorite of the bunch. I always hated catching in the heat. We played a game in Florida in August my senior year. Ohio is hot enough w/ the humidity, but Florida in August just sucked.

Just a head's up though, you're only permitted 8 images hosted elsewhere. Don't want you to get dinged or anything.

Thank you!! I guess I read it wrong - thanks! Is it 8 per thread, per new thread, not including continuation of a thread?

Thanks again - Andy

Royraiden
425 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 20, 2011 21:06 |  #10

Great shots!

Canon 1D Mark III
Canon 7D
Canon 300mm f2.8 L
Canon 135 f2 L

namasste
Cream of the Crop
6,874 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 21, 2011 08:57 |  #11

too many shots to really offer specific crits so I'll just say that this is an great series. exposure, timing, action, sharpness, and color are all very good so you really cant ask for much more...especially under mid day sun!

Scott Evans Photography (external link)
SportsShooterProfile (external link) l MaxPreps Profile (external link)
Gear List

Magic ­ 24
THREAD ­ STARTER
547 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 21, 2011 14:25 |  #12

namasste wrote in post #12631451 (external link)
too many shots to really offer specific crits so I'll just say that this is an great series. exposure, timing, action, sharpness, and color are all very good so you really cant ask for much more...especially under mid day sun!

Thanks!!

sponsored links

2,791 views & 0 likes for this thread
Softball Districts
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.