Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

Nzshrimper
a good height for ...
10,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 21, 2011 05:49 |  #1831

Fark this **** another big shake here - thanks tag good option

© All rights given away
Grammar – the difference between knowing you’re sh1te and knowing your sh1te

sponsored links
Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jun 21, 2011 07:08 |  #1832

tim wrote in post #12630749 (external link)
It's right beside the train station.

The door's always open for another time, even if you just want to get out of Chch for a weekend or something.

Thanks Tim :)

Nzshrimper wrote in post #12630841 (external link)
Fark this **** another big shake here - thanks tag good option

Yeah was a goodie wasn't it... kept on going that one. Power flickered but stayed up thankfully. Flights booked to AU for 10 nights leaving Monday morning (ash clouds best feck off!) Tempted to not come back :|

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

pleb1024
313 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jun 21, 2011 08:17 |  #1833

Nzshrimper wrote in post #12629598 (external link)
Does anyone have anyone in the US who can purchase me a itunes card (us) so i can purchase some tv programs via itunes...

Yep - I live here, and have NZ bank account. If you had let me know Sunday - a local store was running $25 cards for $20 (fathers day) ... The way I've done it for friends - I buy on my NZ credit card in store, and let you know how much it works out to be, and you transfer to my NZ bank a/c.

Pm me the details of how much you want.

Daniel

7DMkII | 7D | 450D | Canon 18-55 IS | Canon 55-250 | Canon 100-400L MkII | Canon 100-400L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 1.4x TC II | Tokina 11-16
Flickr (external link)

Her_B4
180 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 21, 2011 17:38 |  #1834

Sancho wrote in post #12630616 (external link)
Really? That sounds awesome! It's at Westpac Stadium, Wellington City - where ever that is :|

Yep no probs - I don't bite.:) I have a work trip to Aussie in August so I will just confirm those dates and get back to you.

http://wfphotography.b​logspot.com/ (external link)

gkuenning
Goldmember
1,471 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2005

Jun 22, 2011 00:30 |  #1835

Nzshrimper wrote in post #12629598 (external link)
Does anyone have anyone in the US who can purchase me a itunes card (us) so i can purchase some tv programs via itunes...

It can be done online, right? I have a US credit card and bank accounts in both countries, so it should be very easy. (If necessary, I can also use my VPN to make Apple think I'm in California.)

But are you sure that once you have the card, Apple will actually let you download the stuff? Some companies look at your IP address and get all snooty if you're from the "wrong" part of the world.

Geoff
All I want is a 10-2000 f/0.5L with no distortion that weighs 100 grams, fits in my pocket, and costs $300. Is that too much to ask?

Nzshrimper
a good height for ...
10,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 23, 2011 03:43 |  #1836

Thanks Geoff - got some sorted now - Daniel helped out

© All rights given away
Grammar – the difference between knowing you’re sh1te and knowing your sh1te

tim
Light Bringer
50,996 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jun 25, 2011 06:43 |  #1837

I met an interesting guy this evening, friend of a friend. He has a 5D and 1Ds III (doesn't like the 5DII for some reason), and uses them for mining and industrial type work, as a consultant. Lenses include 400mm and 600mm (he wasn't sure which ones), as well as 24-105, because he can't always get close enough to the stuff he needs to shoot underground. He regularly loses cameras and lenses in mines and off the side of boats, and gets new ones. Canon gives him loaner and replacement gear pretty quick - he has no idea what CPS is. He doesn't know an aperture from his elbow, but gets the photos he needs and that's all that matters. The cost of cameras means nothing to him. Insurance, work, and customers pay. Awesome guy, reminds me of action man, totally down to earth and good to have a beer with. I thought you guys might be interested to hear about the types of guys that use cameras purely as a tool.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

momentz
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 26, 2011 02:20 |  #1838

tim wrote in post #12654780 (external link)
He doesn't know an aperture from his elbow,..... I thought you guys might be interested to hear about the types of tools that use SLR cameras to point and shoot

Fixed ;) I bet he uses green square mode.

Jokes aside though, I bet the pictures have no creativity whatsoever. Plenty of media personnel like this - eg get issued a 1DS+300 2.8 IS and told to go shoot the racing.

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,173 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 26, 2011 02:36 |  #1839

momentz wrote in post #12658728 (external link)
......... I bet the pictures have no creativity whatsoever. ...............- eg get a 1DS+300 2.8 IS and go shoot the racing.

I resemble those remarks!! even got the 1ds & 300 2.8:rolleyes:

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 26, 2011 03:08 |  #1840

Now, something totally different.

Tim, I think you wear contacts?? I'm finding my glasses to be a real pain to work with and my currant pair are broken at present. Do you use daily, weekly or monthly lenses? Any other tips, helpfull hints you can think off?

I have an appointment with the optometrist in the morning and possibly would go with contacts as well as a replacement pair of glasses.

Moppie
THREAD ­ STARTER
14,857 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Jun 26, 2011 03:24 |  #1841

Contacts are horrible in a dusty environment!

I used to have a huge problems with mine around the shredder and in the warehouse.

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 26, 2011 03:29 |  #1842

Moppie wrote in post #12658886 (external link)
Contacts are horrible in a dusty environment!

I used to have a huge problems with mine around the shredder and in the warehouse.

Hmmm, that's a bit of a bugger :( Frequently in very dusty environments, you get dust under the lens presumably.

Moppie
THREAD ­ STARTER
14,857 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Jun 26, 2011 03:36 |  #1843

Yip, and they dry out. Makes them VERY uncomfortable.

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,173 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 26, 2011 03:40 |  #1844

May still get some, use glasses for dusty environments, contacts for roofing, photography etc.

Using the view finder with glasses is hopeless but need them for adjusting settings etc.

arbnz
96 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 26, 2011 04:12 |  #1845

Moppie wrote in post #12658915 (external link)
Yip, and they dry out. Makes them VERY uncomfortable.

Agree with that Moppie, dry contacts are the worst feeling.

Just got back from a few days down south for work, stayed in Queenstown and Christchurch. I feel for you guys in Christchurch. I didn't really grasp the scale of the damage until my mate took me for a drive out to Sumner/Redcliffs and into the CBD....some pretty scary stuff, my thoughts are with you. Took a few photos, not the best but photos nonetheless.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_0150 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_0154 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0157 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0165 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0129 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0100 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0074 (external link) by arbnz (external link), on Flickr

sponsored links

1,978,324 views & 1,387 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.