Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 12:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Timbuk2

ptrinidad92
39 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 21, 2011 12:49 |  #1

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get a camera bag. I've been putting my camera in my regular backpack along with my macbook. I want to get a dedicated camera/laptop bag that will offer more protection.I've had my eye on TImbuk2 bags for a while now. The Snoop seems like a good match for what I want but I've seen a couple of guys get a regular messenger and just put DSLR inserts in it. I think I want to take this route.

For my questions:
Will the a small be big enough for what I need? I have a Canon Rebel, 50 1.4 and 85 1.8 and a flash, probably a 430ex2 when i finally get it.

Also, the Macbook is the 13 inch. I won't be carrying this with me all the time, but I would like it to fit for some of the days that I do.

What DSLR insert do you guys recommend? There are a ton out there and I don't know which ones are good or not.

Thanks for all the replies and be free to recommend me other bags and setups.

Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
StayLucky
719 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 21, 2011 16:49 |  #2

The tenba insert seems to be most popular. I'd recommend a size small timbuk2 bag and a tenba insert. Should fit all of your needs.

Depth
986 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 21, 2011 17:14 |  #3

Get the Snoop unless you want a dedicated laptop sleeve and the organizer inside the bag.

Gear List
ACCD

d8w
130 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 24, 2011 19:37 |  #4

I just got the small Snoop. It surprisingly fit my 15.6" laptop. Granted, it kinda pushed the DSLR insert forward, but I'm only carrying a couple lens and a 30D/T2i. If I put the body in though... It's a really tight and unwanted fit.

I'm currently fitting a 70-200 f4, 17-40 f4, 50 f1.8, and 580ex ii.

Gear | flickr (external link)

tgara
Goldmember
2,336 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 24, 2011 21:20 as a reply to  @ d8w's post |  #5

I know you said you wanted just an insert, but you should look at the Tenba Messenger Mini Photo/Laptop bag:

http://www.tenba.com …ini-Photo-Laptop-Bag.aspx (external link)

I just got one for my office stuff that I carry every day back and forth to the office. It has a slot inside for a 13 inch laptop (I put my iPad 2 in there). Lots of pockets, and dividers for the camera gear you mentioned above. This is my first Tenba product, and I like it a lot. It's small, light, and very well made. Definitely worth a look. Comes in cool colors too!

EOS 5D Mark III
EOS Rebel SL1
Full Gear List

ptrinidad92
THREAD ­ STARTER
39 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 25, 2011 09:25 |  #6

I decided to get the small Timbuk2 messenger. I bought it 3 days ago and it arrived yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise since I didn't pay for expedited shipping and didn't expect it til next week. From the looks of it, it would fit all my current gear. There is still some space left for more and I will post a proper review when I have time. Still waiting for the Tenba insert though.

Flickr (external link)

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 25, 2011 09:43 |  #7

There's a review of it already in this forum. Extensive, with lots of followup posts.

sponsored links

933 views & 0 likes for this thread
Timbuk2
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.