Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 22 Jun 2011 (Wednesday) 21:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Reds vs. Yankees 6-22-11, Day game

ftblplyr46
139 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 22, 2011 21:03 |  #1

So got to go to the game today, as work paid us to go and eat a buffet! Who am I to turn that down? Anyways, brought the camera and tried getting a few shots. I know they arent the best, but always looking for tips. I tried messing with curves a bit, I dont typically do that, as Im a newb to that, but think I may have over saturated a bit on 1 or 2? Anyways, let me know how they look!

IMAGE: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/5861945910_0f43ec58b7_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3242/5861394007_1d007c4388_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5314/5861945656_12c7f5bb8c_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/5861413259_530b60b849_b.jpg

Canon Rebel Xt, 17-55mm, 55-250mm IS, 50mm 1.8 -- Ohio Google Calendar (external link) -- flickr (external link)http://www.flickr.com/​wernerdi (external link)

sponsored links
jmorales
105 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 22, 2011 23:35 |  #2

what cam and lens did you use? pretty good zoom shots. i was wondering what the restrictions are at the reds stadium

Body: Canon
Lenses: Canon
The Other Stuff: Canon

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jun 23, 2011 02:20 |  #3

My eyes are hurting

www.jaffe.photo

ftblplyr46
THREAD ­ STARTER
139 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 23, 2011 07:00 |  #4

jmorales wrote in post #12642772 (external link)
what cam and lens did you use? pretty good zoom shots. i was wondering what the restrictions are at the reds stadium

Rebel Xt, 55-250IS. I never thought I was allowed to take it either, but always seen them on tv as of recently, so I checked the website and youre good to go as long as its for personal use. Hell, even let you bring in soft coolers as long as the stuff is unopened inside.

ajaffe wrote in post #12643290 (external link)
My eyes are hurting

Care to share? To saturated? This line doesnt help me at all.

Canon Rebel Xt, 17-55mm, 55-250mm IS, 50mm 1.8 -- Ohio Google Calendar (external link) -- flickr (external link)http://www.flickr.com/​wernerdi (external link)

snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,084 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 23, 2011 08:03 |  #5

They appear to be underexposed a tad on my monitor. You can barely see faces on shots 1-3. The play at the plate is better in terms of exposure.

I think you did well from the stands the the gear you have. Good job there. Great timing on play at 2nd and the plate. Too bad the on-deck batter decided to mosey into the frame on the last one!

To get your shots sharper, shutter speeds of around 1/1250 and higher work good for baseball. If this means upping the ISO to get the shutter speeds, it's what you have to do!

Hope you can get to more games, shoot and post more.

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

ftblplyr46
THREAD ­ STARTER
139 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 23, 2011 08:27 |  #6

snyderman wrote in post #12644004 (external link)
They appear to be underexposed a tad on my monitor. You can barely see faces on shots 1-3. The play at the plate is better in terms of exposure.

I think you did well from the stands the the gear you have. Good job there. Great timing on play at 2nd and the plate. Too bad the on-deck batter decided to mosey into the frame on the last one!

To get your shots sharper, shutter speeds of around 1/1250 and higher work good for baseball. If this means upping the ISO to get the shutter speeds, it's what you have to do!

Hope you can get to more games, shoot and post more.

dave

Thanks for the tips and criticism. Always appreciate it. I was sure exposure would be an issue for me with the cloud cover, and I only ran ISO 400, as I think it tends to start getting pretty noisy at 800 and up, since my camera only goes to 1600. Ran at 5.6/f since that was the lowest I could do, which put me around usually 1000 shutter speed. I have plenty more to go through, and have the whole slide series into 2nd. Ill work on some more and post up.

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jun 23, 2011 15:34 |  #7

The reds, especially the third one are nuclear.

www.jaffe.photo

Sunfighter
54 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 23, 2011 02:11 |  #8

Considering the hardware, I think these are good shots. You also caught some great moments.... if the photos give me pause to consider what is happening then I believe that is good because you caught a vital moment.

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 25, 2011 11:53 |  #9

Sunfighter wrote in post #12983051 (external link)
Considering the hardware, I think these are good shots. You also caught some great moments.... if the photos give me pause to consider what is happening then I believe that is good because you caught a vital moment.

Or because the photo didn't do a good enough job of dispelling all confusion and being clear.

www.jaffe.photo

sponsored links

1,367 views & 0 likes for this thread
Reds vs. Yankees 6-22-11, Day game
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.