Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 23 Jun 2011 (Thursday) 09:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

first short film on my 5D Mark II

entraik
84 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 23, 2011 09:36 |  #1

a few friends and I shot this freehand the other night in a hour.. nothing but the camera and lens (35mm 1.4 lens)..no tripod

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=w4YgEdrcuxE (external link)

first film... let me know what u guys think? :)

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L

sponsored links
ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 23, 2011 12:35 |  #2

URGH, put it on Vimeo!

DOWN WITH YOUTUBE!!!

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 23, 2011 15:34 |  #3

ben_r_ wrote in post #12645254 (external link)
URGH, put it on Vimeo!

DOWN WITH YOUTUBE!!!

LOL. Word. :)

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

entraik
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 28, 2011 04:48 |  #4

anyone?

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L

Gameface
672 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 28, 2011 05:03 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

Are you serious?

Stupid effects are used by poor editors.

It makes no sense.

Swearing for the sake of swearing isn't funny.

1/10. Seriously I saw freshman projects in film school that were better than that. You should be ashamed.

entraik
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 28, 2011 05:23 |  #6

Gameface wrote in post #12669749 (external link)
Are you serious?

Stupid effects are used by poor editors.

It makes no sense.

Swearing for the sake of swearing isn't funny.

1/10. Seriously I saw freshman projects in film school that were better than that. You should be ashamed.

lol stupid effects? that's a purely subjective viewpoint... let's see a video you've filmed...i'm sure i'll find some 'stupid effects' without trying too hard. :)

and you've clearly missed the point of the video. i don't want to ruin it obviously, so i'll let others watch and decide for themselves. again, i'd like to see something you've filmed so i can pick at it to find something wrong and judge you as harshly as well just so I can.

and ashamed? ...LOL..wrong buddy. In fact, i feel sorry for your close minded viewpoint, which im sure....for you; applies to most things in life judging from your angry and senseless post. :)

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L

Gameface
672 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 28, 2011 05:41 |  #7
bannedPermanent ban

entraik wrote in post #12669787 (external link)
lol stupid effects? that's a purely subjective viewpoint... let's see a video you've filmed...i'm sure i'll find some 'stupid effects' without trying too hard. :)

and you've clearly missed the point of the video. i don't want to ruin it obviously, so i'll let others watch and decide for themselves. again, i'd like to see something you've filmed so i can pick at it to find something wrong and judge you as harshly as well.

ashamed? ...LOL..wrong buddy. In fact, i feel sorry for your close minded viewpoint, which im sure....for you; applies to most things in life judging from your senseless post. :)

You asked for our opinions remember? No One is commenting because they watched it, thought it sucked and didn't want to be rude. I however don't give a crap about what you or anyone thinks. It's utter crap. That is my opinion which is what you asked for. Don't get upset when you ask for opinions and someones viewpoint doesn't sync with yours, it makes you look stupid.

And I don't need to post my crappy work online because it is on network television. And has been for the last 4 years. And no, I don't put a "fake tv" rolling scanline look on anything I do. And BTW, that "effect" makes absolutely no sense in the context you used it.

entraik
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 28, 2011 05:59 |  #8

Gameface wrote in post #12669825 (external link)
You asked for our opinions remember? No One is commenting because they watched it, thought it sucked and didn't want to be rude. I however don't give a crap about what you or anyone thinks. It's utter crap. That is my opinion which is what you asked for. Don't get upset when you ask for opinions and someones viewpoint doesn't sync with yours, it makes you look stupid.

And I don't need to post my crappy work online because it is on network television. And has been for the last 4 years. And no, I don't put a "fake tv" rolling scanline look on anything I do. And BTW, that "effect" makes absolutely no sense in the context you used it.

I'm not upset whatsoever.. I'm chuckling to be honest! I really didn't think people with such ignorance existed on this website! That is all. Honest, I swear!:lol:

But that being said, I find it absolutely hard to believe you have ANY sort of work airing on any form of public media. rofl.

And it does make sense if you realized that there was a tense horror vibe to the whole sequence before misleading the audience. I'm not trying to win director award of the year here. It was just something some friends and I did on a boring night out of the blue. Nothing was planned. Just relax dude, I'm asking for critique...not an enraged response from an angry person.

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L

Gameface
672 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 28, 2011 06:03 |  #9
bannedPermanent ban

entraik wrote in post #12669862 (external link)
It was just something some friends and I did on a boring night out of the blue.

And it shows. If that was what you were trying to show, A+ ace! The ignorance is that you thought anyone would be slightly entertained by that.

I don't understand how just because of my surly attitude you refute my established career in the industry? Are people in the entertainment industry not allowed to be jerks? you obviously have no clue man.

Not only am I kinda known, I own a post-production company. Maybe being a jerk pays off yeah?

Gameface
672 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 28, 2011 06:10 |  #10
bannedPermanent ban

PS... you want me to think "deeply" about how you're misleading the audience with a horror turned stupid comedy. But you obviously, as you stated, put no thought into it.

Again, don't take offense when people hate your work. Listen to them, work on the issues in future productions and get better. If you're going to take every negative review into butthurt zone, you're never going to get better.

Buck up little camper, life won't be so bad once you grow up.

williejr
746 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jun 29, 2011 00:39 |  #11

Sorry... It was not good. I did not feel that "tense horror vibe" you described.

robtk
211 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 29, 2011 04:51 |  #12

entraik wrote in post #12669862 (external link)
I'm not upset whatsoever.. I'm chuckling to be honest! I really didn't think people with such ignorance existed on this website! That is all. Honest, I swear!:lol:

But that being said, I find it absolutely hard to believe you have ANY sort of work airing on any form of public media. rofl.

And it does make sense if you realized that there was a tense horror vibe to the whole sequence before misleading the audience. I'm not trying to win director award of the year here. It was just something some friends and I did on a boring night out of the blue. Nothing was planned. Just relax dude, I'm asking for critique...not an enraged response from an angry person.

listen, you asked for what people thought, and he told you. and while i'm no pro, what he said is kind of true. the shots/rack focus aren't very good. the effect(s) is/are pretty lame, the audio is whatever, and the theme itself is kind of dumb. i'm not trying to sound like a dick, just being honest in my own opinion.

you calling him ignorant and attempting to attack his credibility won't change his opinion, nor others (nor yours). it was harsh and a bit over the line but try to take criticism as constructive. just my 2 cents

5Dmkii ~ Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 ~ Canon 35L

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 29, 2011 20:21 |  #13

Yea... Sorry OP, gotta agree with some of the other comments, this seemed a bit pointless and silly in an immature teenager sort of way. Reminded me of the kind stuff I used to see in high school in fact. It really didnt have any point. I guess as a viewer I was left asking what exactly is the point or plot of this? I was also actually a bit surprised someone would want to use almost $4000 in gear, time and good software to create something like this. I would think something a whole lot more professional would be desired. Im willing to bet you are capable of much better. That being said, Id love to see your next endeavor :)

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

sponsored links

2,201 views & 0 likes for this thread
first short film on my 5D Mark II
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.