Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
Thread started 29 Jul 2010 (Thursday) 01:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Samyang Rokinon Vivitar 14 2.8 lens

Mookalafalas
Cream of the Crop
5,079 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 02, 2011 10:42 |  #691

Wow, nice shots! (the last three).

Call me Al Gear Flickr (external link)
You don’t have to have a great lens to take great pictures—but it sure helps. –Ben Long

sponsored links
datadump
Goldmember
1,932 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 02, 2011 13:04 |  #692

hey everyone... how far off is your infinity mark?

mine seems to be just before 2meter mark .... its wayyyoff .

datadump

Mast3rChi3f
862 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 02, 2011 16:22 as a reply to  @ datadump's post |  #693

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5895250348_47f3554708_b.jpg

And the video.

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=6bGfMY41GYI (external link)

Two 5D2 and two samyang 14mm.

Flickr (external link)
facebook (external link)
Google+ (external link)

Mast3rChi3f
862 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 03, 2011 15:36 as a reply to  @ Mast3rChi3f's post |  #694

A few more.

IMAGE: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4739/pauldaserratimelapse256.jpg

IMAGE: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4126/pauldaserratimelapse650l.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/125/pauldaserratimelapse004.jpg

Flickr (external link)
facebook (external link)
Google+ (external link)

Furinox
233 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 03, 2011 17:18 |  #695

I'm thinking about getting this one since having to sell my Rokinon 8mm after going full frame.

Flickr (external link)

ZoneV
Goldmember
1,643 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 04, 2011 02:07 |  #696

ZoneV wrote in post #12676407 (external link)
I have made such images with PTLens, probably you saw them:
Uncorrected:
QUOTED IMAGE
Coreccted with PTLens
QUOTED IMAGE
Full reoslution on my homepage.

I should do the correction with the lightroom profiles too.

Ther is not much border loose with PTLens, but the resolution itself is harmed.

Ok, made it:

Same image with distortion correction with my own Samyang 14mm Adobe Lightroom profile:

IMAGE: http://www.4photos.de/test/Samyang-14-Lightroom-Profil-.jpg

But as you easily see: I have used different sharpening and further image enhancemend on these images, because that the PTLens version looks better.

Full resolution images (EOS 5D) and the Samyang 14mm/2.8 Lightroom profiles are on my homepage.

DIY-Homepage (external link) - Image Gallery (external link) - Gear List

A.Gunnar
31 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 06, 2011 10:39 as a reply to  @ ZoneV's post |  #697

IMAGE: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VSc_BJOGQoM/ThSAbkh-k4I/AAAAAAAADpI/cOurgPDI4Xs/s800/Wimbledon%252520036.jpg

arentol
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 07, 2011 01:07 |  #698

Modified Thomas Berndt's 5d2 profile from here:

http://www.photo-worx.de/privat/ (external link)

because it didn't work for me. I tried it over and over and it wouldn't work no matter what I did so finally I went through it line-by-line and modified it to match the format of the Canon official profiles and it finally worked. I still don't know exactly what was wrong. I also added in a little vignette correction... It isn't perfect, but it is a heck of a lot closer than it was before (none at all). I have attached my copy below in case others are having problems with it.

I also modified ZoneV's RAW w/Distortion, CA, and Vignette correction profile so that it doesn't have such strong vignette correction. I tried it on my 5d2 shots and it worked really well for fixing distortion, but the vignette correction was so strong it was ruining some of my shots.

I now try both of these on important shots with my 5d2 to see which makes each shot better and then take the best one. It works really well having those choices. If it is not a primo shot I just apply the 5d2 one en-masse.

I have attached the two files as .txt files. You need to change them to .lcp or copy and paste the text over the existing text in the downloaded .lcp files to use them. I take no credit for these, Thomas and Markus did all the work. I just changed a few lines of text to make them work better for me personally.

5D3 | Rokinon 14 f/2.8 | 16-35L II | TS-E 24L | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | Voigtlander 40 f/2.0 | Σ 50 f/1.4 | MP-E 65 | 70-200 2.8L IS II | Σ 85 f/1.4 | Zeiss 100 f/2 | Σ 120-300 f/2.8 OS | 580 EX II | 430 EX II | Fuji X10 | OM-D E-M5 | http://www.mikehjphoto​.com/ (external link)
*****Lenses For Sale (external link)*****

datadump
Goldmember
1,932 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 08, 2011 00:41 |  #699

superb job on the vignetting correction

arentol wrote in post #12717274 (external link)
Modified Thomas Berndt's 5d2 profile from here:

http://www.photo-worx.de/privat/ (external link)

because it didn't work for me. I tried it over and over and it wouldn't work no matter what I did so finally I went through it line-by-line and modified it to match the format of the Canon official profiles and it finally worked. I still don't know exactly what was wrong. I also added in a little vignette correction... It isn't perfect, but it is a heck of a lot closer than it was before (none at all). I have attached my copy below in case others are having problems with it.

I also modified ZoneV's RAW w/Distortion, CA, and Vignette correction profile so that it doesn't have such strong vignette correction. I tried it on my 5d2 shots and it worked really well for fixing distortion, but the vignette correction was so strong it was ruining some of my shots.

I now try both of these on important shots with my 5d2 to see which makes each shot better and then take the best one. It works really well having those choices. If it is not a primo shot I just apply the 5d2 one en-masse.

I have attached the two files as .txt files. You need to change them to .lcp or copy and paste the text over the existing text in the downloaded .lcp files to use them. I take no credit for these, Thomas and Markus did all the work. I just changed a few lines of text to make them work better for me personally.

datadump

JayStar86
Goldmember
3,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 08, 2011 20:43 |  #700

I received mine this week and fired of a couple test shots... i really gotta learn MF again, lol.

Only one problem though... mine arrived from B&H with a spot/scratch on the front lens element... what do you guys say... exchange it or just keep it?

Here is a shot of the lens itself so far:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Gear 2 - Rokinon 14mm F/2.8 (external link) by Jay Gill Photography (external link), on Flickr

---Jay---
Gear and Feedback
flikr (external link)

nyy
616 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 08, 2011 21:47 |  #701

JayStar86 wrote in post #12727633 (external link)
I received mine this week and fired of a couple test shots... i really gotta learn MF again, lol.

Only one problem though... mine arrived from B&H with a spot/scratch on the front lens element... what do you guys say... exchange it or just keep it?

If you plan on keeping it a long time, then I'd just hold on to it. Chances are you'll nick the front element some more and it really never has any effect on the IQ.

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside." --Mitch Hedberg

mco_970
350 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 09, 2011 08:03 |  #702

Well, boo. Mine arrived and it's decentered! Too bad, because it's really fun. Back it goes to Amazon... I wonder if they send them back to the manufacturer or if they just go back into the gene pool?

Michelle - 7D, 40 STM, 400 f/5.6, 500 f/4.5, NEX, and going Nikon FF - eager to see what 7D2 brings!

STOLEN from me in Colorado 7/6/2011: 1D3 (serial 505764),
FM feedback (external link)

jasongraaf
624 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Jul 09, 2011 14:45 |  #703

mco_970 wrote in post #12729157 (external link)
Well, boo. Mine arrived and it's decentered!

huh? What does that mean?

As for the lens with the chip on the front, RETURN IT! Why deal with that?

Flickr (external link)
-------------

JayStar86
Goldmember
3,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 09, 2011 15:49 |  #704

jasongraaf wrote in post #12730593 (external link)
huh? What does that mean?

As for the lens with the chip on the front, RETURN IT! Why deal with that?

yeah i am going to return it and get another copy...

---Jay---
Gear and Feedback
flikr (external link)

mco_970
350 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 09, 2011 16:17 |  #705

De-centered means the image is sharp in the middle and on the right, but becomes blurry on the left. It's out of calibration. It is very to see in images taken on tripod.

Michelle - 7D, 40 STM, 400 f/5.6, 500 f/4.5, NEX, and going Nikon FF - eager to see what 7D2 brings!

STOLEN from me in Colorado 7/6/2011: 1D3 (serial 505764),
FM feedback (external link)

sponsored links

1,332,811 views & 1,403 likes for this thread
Samyang Rokinon Vivitar 14 2.8 lens
FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.