Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 29 Jun 2011 (Wednesday) 15:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How to have FUN while doing photo shoots (Behind The Scenes VIDEO)

RLPhoto
491 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 29, 2011 15:51 |  #1

wsup guys?

So about a month ago, my good buddy Pat and I took a trip to Orlando. We got some amazing shots and some dope footage. We are by no means videographers, just some passionate photographers having fun in the sun, cracking jokes and shooting models... can't go wrong with that. The video pretty much explains why we were in Florida in the first place, so I won't bother explaining it here... all that goofiness in the vid is no act... this is how we are 24/7. We're actually worse in real life... haha!

Check out out video. ENJOY!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/2​5753524 (external link)

My Site (external link)

sponsored links
Navter
Mostly Lurking
12 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 29, 2011 21:54 |  #2

cool video! checked out your site, i liked the beach shoot the best, great lighting, and beautiful model!

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 30, 2011 00:21 |  #3

Really cool! Thanks for sharing that. The part where a strobe must have fallen was priceless!!!

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Rob ­ Horner
128 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jun 30, 2011 00:35 as a reply to  @ BrickR's post |  #4

Nice video guys! , i want to shoot now!:lol:

Flickr |  (external link)Website (external link)

promopocket
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 30, 2011 01:18 |  #5

05:31 Lol Something is crashed?

ownvisualstyle

jobv2
561 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 30, 2011 02:00 |  #6

oh this is dope.
i couldnt find anything to stay connected though, flickr or something or another but bookmarked the site

1D Mark iin, 35mm f/2, 50mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/4, 580ex ii, android, two left feet
gear| feedback
:cool:

patliean1
381 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 30, 2011 09:14 |  #7

We had so much fun shooting in Florida!

We act silly and crazy but in the end we get stuff done. We hope the video and images are a reflection of that!

Thanks for viewing :)

...BECAUSE SEEKING VALIDATION FROM ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE OPINIONS OF PAID CLIENTS.
www.patrolind.com (external link)
www.vimeo.com/25753524 (external link) <------Behind the scenes video of my photoshoots! (Featured on FStoppers)

RLPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 30, 2011 09:26 as a reply to  @ patliean1's post |  #8

So the 5:31 mark. Yes, that was the alien bee that fell over. It was Pat's actually. My face was classic cuz that was a REAL reaction. I saw it drop in slow motion and couldnt do anything about it. I was more concerned for Pat cuz i could totally imagine how he felt. I could tell he was pissed, but he kept his composure in front of the models and joked it off. Luckily only the modeling light broke. The strobe light was still intact and we kept shooting. The funniest part is Pat focusing on my face when his strobe drops. We laugh at that everyday. Lesson of the day: USE SAND BAGS!

Thanks for peeping. Stay tuned for R.A.P. In Toronto this month.

My Site (external link)

csondagar
792 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jun 30, 2011 09:37 |  #9

Will check out your video later but for now I wanted to comment on your photos. They are crazy awesome! Love the compositions, lighting, models, and, most of all, they way 'real' character of each model/group that are captured.

Simply stunning!

My Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | 500px (external link) | 7D, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM | Speedlite 430EX | Reflector Disk 5-in-1 110cm

RLPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 03, 2011 15:20 |  #10

csondagar wrote in post #12682539 (external link)
Will check out your video later but for now I wanted to comment on your photos. They are crazy awesome! Love the compositions, lighting, models, and, most of all, they way 'real' character of each model/group that are captured.

Simply stunning!

thanks a lot!!!!

My Site (external link)

thecackster
915 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Jul 03, 2011 15:51 |  #11

Thanks for sharing, I love it

tao_kala
25 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 04, 2011 07:45 |  #12

Nice Job, love the light, composition, cools video!!

It is simple, it is my passion :D
my passion here (external link)

biggcstylez
468 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 04, 2011 08:08 |  #13

Great job man. Loved the BTS work. Looks like you guys love what you do and have a blast. Look forward to more of your work!

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/biggcstylez/ (external link)
Gear: Canon 5D Mark II | 35 f1.4L | Σ 85 f1.4 | 135 f2L | 580EXII | 430EXII x2 |

SaxonIV
768 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 04, 2011 09:02 |  #14

Loved the Video, We need more of these! you should really consider doing some tutorials. You guys are great with video.

Curious, what fell over halfway through the video?

JerelXTI
269 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 04, 2011 10:00 |  #15

Great video and photos.

Canon 5D MK III, 24-105L,Canon 7D, Rebel XTI, Kit Lens 18-55,50mm f/1.8 II lens, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip, Opteka IR Remote, X-Rite Colorchecker,580 EXII,430EXII
My Flickr (external link) / My Website (external link) / Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

2,968 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to have FUN while doing photo shoots (Behind The Scenes VIDEO)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.