Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 04 Jul 2011 (Monday) 14:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fix my 20d or new 7d?

mhazlett
404 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jul 04, 2011 22:26 |  #16

Also think about staying with the xxD series? Maybe a 40D or 50D? Just some food for thought! :)

WEBSITE (external link)

sponsored links
suecassidy
Goldmember
4,102 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 04, 2011 22:27 |  #17

MT Stringer wrote in post #12703400 (external link)
Well since you asked...

I know "they" say that size matters, but That Thing scares the crap out o' me. Just sayin'. ; O

Sue Cassidy
GEAR: Canon 1ds, Canon 1d Mark iii, Sony RX 100, Canon 50mmL 1.2, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Canon 100-400L IS, Canon 14mm L, 2.8, . Lighting: Elinchrom Rangers, D-lite 400s, Canon 580/550 flashes. 74 ' Octabank, 27' Rotalux. Editing: Aperture 3

Halliday
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,135 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 04, 2011 22:28 |  #18

mhazlett wrote in post #12705258 (external link)
Also think about staying with the xxD series? Maybe a 40D or 50D? Just some food for thought! :)

I thought about it. I do like that the 5d, 20d and 10d all share the same battery.

lanceshuey.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
"Like a mechanic who forgets to wipe his hands on a shop rag and then goes home, hugs his wife, and gets a grease stain on her favorite sweater — love touches you, and marks you forever."

MT ­ Stringer
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Jul 04, 2011 22:41 |  #19

suecassidy wrote in post #12705261 (external link)
I know "they" say that size matters, but That Thing scares the crap out o' me. Just sayin'. ; O

Sue, I know a lady that shoots with this lens all the time. A monopod works wonders.
http://www.designonlin​ehouston.com/about.htm (external link)

MaxPreps Profile (external link)

My Gear List

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,179 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jul 04, 2011 22:50 |  #20

Halliday wrote in post #12705248 (external link)
I bought the 7d. It does not say anywhere on the website about it being anything other than new. It had better be new. I paid with a credit card not a debit card so Chase will have my back if something is wrong. It should be here in a week. I will check out buying a new 20d shutter and soder it in.

If you bought from the Canon refurbished store, it is just the opposite, they will not say it is new anywhere. It might be new, it might not.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 04, 2011 23:05 |  #21

I say fix it. Why not? For the price how can you go wrong? We just sent a dead 350D in for repairs. I think the cost will be $210.00. When it comes back it will be another decent backup body to use or let someone else use...

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

phreeky
Goldmember
3,499 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 04, 2011 23:41 |  #22

I just sold my very good condition 20D for AU$250 ( < US$300). Stuff spending anything over $150 on repairs IMO, though I think the idea of a $50 part and some soldering is a solid idea, just don't go zapping yourself on a the flash capacitor ;)

I owned both a 20D and 7D at the same time for over a year. Once I bought the 7D the 20D was very hard to go back to - the photos still awesome, the experience of shooting with it much less so.

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 05, 2011 06:48 |  #23

I would get a 40D or get a 1D mkii for back up sports, the thing to remember is that the shutter has gone, whats next?

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |​

sponsored links

2,741 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fix my 20d or new 7d?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.