Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 05 Jul 2011 (Tuesday) 20:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First Portrait shoot ever

kris142
997 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 05, 2011 20:13 |  #1

I did my first portrait shoot yesterday with my friend Tessa, it's completely new to me because I normally just shoot motocross. I tried different angles, and poses, these are the ones I liked most.

1)

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6031/5904676114_0147712e21_b.jpg

2)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

3)
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

|Sony A7 / Sony 35mm 2.8|

sponsored links
CronoDL
352 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 05, 2011 20:29 |  #2

First time or not, these are very nice. The only thing is that it would've been nice to see her face a little more clearly in the first picture.

Danny
Flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

Byrdmossedem
67 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 05, 2011 20:42 |  #3

If you could see more of her face in the first one. That would have been amazing! But it still looks great!

Nikon D5000 / Sigma 30mm 1.4 / 50mm manual 1.4

Luxury
635 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 05, 2011 21:26 |  #4

A reflector or fill flash would've been a great asset to have here.

Nonetheless, I really really like #3. Her eyes just pop. Very pretty girl.

Liam - A7r, Fuji x100, 450d and some other stuff. --- Flickr  (external link)--- http://liamgee.com (external link)

JTX
Goldmember
1,777 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 06, 2011 00:07 |  #5

Yeah If these had some fill, or reflector use for the subject, they would be top notch. Do it again.

http://gallerytx.com (external link)
5DMK3 & 7DMK2 - 10-22, 50mm-1.4, 24-70mm f/2.8L II, 100-400mmL, 70-200 F/2.8L IS II / 270EX, 580EXII  :p
Celestron Ultima 11 Schmidt-Cassegrain

fazm
222 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 06, 2011 00:21 |  #6

You are off to a good start!

Next time, take the same great model and composition and try to add some off-camera light (flash, or reflector) and then POST THE RESULTS.

Fun Fact: My name is Charlie!
What I'm shooting: Flickr (external link) | My website: charlieroch.com (external link)

kris142
THREAD ­ STARTER
997 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 06, 2011 00:34 |  #7

Thanks guys, I did better than expected. I wanted to turn a new leaf in photography I was little clueless with this whole portrait thing haha. As far as off camera flash, I'm looking to invest in a set of cybersyncs or something after I buy a new truck! Thanks for the comments and keep them coming!

One more!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Bleufire
Goldmember
1,203 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jul 06, 2011 01:15 |  #8

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get the lens flare effect? i have read it before from somewhere else but was curious if there was something different you applied to.

That third one is awesome bTW

5D*Sigma 50/1.4*EF 17-40/4
New to Photography? ----> ENJOY! Canon DSLR! (external link)

kris142
THREAD ­ STARTER
997 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 06, 2011 04:06 |  #9

Bleufire wrote in post #12711459 (external link)
If you don't mind my asking, how did you get the lens flare effect? i have read it before from somewhere else but was curious if there was something different you applied to.

That third one is awesome bTW

From what I've noticed, the flare comes from shooting in the direction of the sun, but a little off at an angle if you get what I'm saying? Like try shooting either early morning, or late evening so the sun isn't so harsh, then shoot toward the sun, or even include the sun in the shot a little bit and the flare should show. Kind of hard for me to explain. The sun just has to have direct contact with the lens glass.

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 06, 2011 04:52 |  #10

Great first attempt. Just like others have said a little fill would make a pop or two

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |‚Äč

Ingerson"PCD"
Goldmember
2,796 posts
Gallery: 96 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 06, 2011 08:27 as a reply to  @ ukcyberboy's post |  #11

Great shots Kris.

-Eric-
I have too many hobbies to be good at any of them.
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,844 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Portrait shoot ever
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.