Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 01 Jul 2011 (Friday) 11:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Google Plus + how are you using this?

DozerLYP
Cream of the Crop
6,570 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 07, 2011 12:36 |  #151

the window is open

My Gear, My Zenfolio (external link), Meyhem (external link) And GO VOTE Flash gallery (external link) ---------------> Anyone of you has Multiple Personality Disorder
Home Improvement
Custom Brushes!

sponsored links
Drozz119
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 07, 2011 12:40 |  #152

would love an invite!
musiccuts@comcast.net (external link)

ShoFilms (external link)
gear

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Jul 07, 2011 12:42 |  #153

DozerLYP wrote in post #12719646 (external link)
the window is open

Thanks Dozer for the heads up, let my friend know it opened up and now he is in.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

dwarrenr
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 07, 2011 12:47 |  #154

Drozz119 wrote in post #12719678 (external link)
would love an invite!
usiccuts@comcast.net (external link)

Invite sent.

D. Warren Robison
"All guys feel the need to compensate. Most compensate with sports cars. I compensate with a 400mm 2.8"
Flickr (external link) - Home Page (external link) - MaxPreps Gallery - (external link)Razzi (external link)
Equipment List

Roroco
647 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 07, 2011 12:56 as a reply to  @ dwarrenr's post |  #155

Hey all... I think this would be cool...

https://plus.google.co​m …7632144/posts/C​DkwKJrVWj3 (external link)

I started a thread for all my PotN folks. Reply to this post so others can add you to a PotN circle. OP... feel free to add this to your orginal post if you want... Or start your own G+ thread. Doesn't matter to me much. :)

Roger
Gear List: 5D Mark III -- 50mm f/1.4 -- 85mm f1.8 -- 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro -- 17-40mm f/4L -- Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC -- 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II -- 2.0X III TC

Lights -- Alien Bees B800 -- 580 EX II -- Yongnuo YN-560 II & YN-568EX -- Mother Nature -- RF 602s

Drozz119
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jul 07, 2011 12:57 |  #156

dwarrenr wrote in post #12719726 (external link)
Invite sent.

Thank you!

ShoFilms (external link)
gear

tomd
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,279 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 07, 2011 13:14 |  #157

http://igurutalks.com …-cheat-sheet-short-codes/ (external link)

interesting reading ^^^^^^

=======>>> play W.A.I.N. :D

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Jul 07, 2011 13:16 |  #158

Okay, what is the secret to getting in? I've had someone "recommend" a link to me, I visit the page and there's nothing but a "view or comment on xxxx " link... which when clicked takes me to a page that has an orange button on it that says "Join Google+". I click that, and it takes me to the home page of Google+ where it says something about new users exceeded, yada yada yada...

What am I missing? I've been trying this for two days now... even when people say it's open (like 30 minutes ago).

dwarrenr
Goldmember
1,650 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 07, 2011 13:23 |  #159

Todd Lambert wrote in post #12719917 (external link)
Okay, what is the secret to getting in? I've had someone "recommend" a link to me, I visit the page and there's nothing but a "view or comment on xxxx " link... which when clicked takes me to a page that has an orange button on it that says "Join Google+". I click that, and it takes me to the home page of Google+ where it says something about new users exceeded, yada yada yada...

What am I missing? I've been trying this for two days now... even when people say it's open (like 30 minutes ago).

It means they've closed the window for new members. It seems they only open it until a set amount join in, then close it again. Just have to keep trying I guess.

D. Warren Robison
"All guys feel the need to compensate. Most compensate with sports cars. I compensate with a 400mm 2.8"
Flickr (external link) - Home Page (external link) - MaxPreps Gallery - (external link)Razzi (external link)
Equipment List

tomd
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
13,279 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 07, 2011 13:26 |  #160

just keep trying, it will work eventually.
no one seems to know the when/why behind the open/closed schedule.

good luck!

=======>>> play W.A.I.N. :D

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Jul 07, 2011 13:38 |  #161

dwarrenr wrote in post #12719956 (external link)
It means they've closed the window for new members. It seems they only open it until a set amount join in, then close it again. Just have to keep trying I guess.

This ive been trying since July 1st and only got in at midnight last night because i was informed by a member here that the windows was open.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

swerv927
108 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jul 07, 2011 13:41 |  #162

Its been a week for me as well. You either have to try your luck and keep clicking that "Join" link or wait untill someone lets you know the window is open. Be sure to access it from a computer though. People who have tried via mobile means (including ipad) have not had success.

Irving Jai
IrvingJai photography (external link)

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 07, 2011 14:29 |  #163

you guys just wait til somebody says window is open here :lol:

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

The ­ Outlaw
Goldmember
1,212 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jul 07, 2011 14:30 as a reply to  @ swerv927's post |  #164

i was sent an invite last night but still havent gotten it or gotten in.

Nothing to see here....

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,164 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 07, 2011 15:18 |  #165

Todd, As said, just keep clicking the Join Google + button. I left my email open and pressed it about every 30 minutes or so. It eventually worked. Perhaps some lucky timing involved, don't know. The window seems to close fast. You'll just have to catch it right.

Website (external link) |

sponsored links

44,298 views & 0 likes for this thread
Google Plus + how are you using this?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.