Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 07 Jul 2011 (Thursday) 10:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2nd ever shoot, Critique please :)

OdinvO
94 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 07, 2011 10:28 |  #1

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5319/5908172133_33d4dac71b_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6012/5908173037_9b2811ebae_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6026/5909729914_3ce1b5c1d9_z.jpg

Odin

By the way, I should have lit the background better and yes I am buying a good background soon

Gear !
Flickr! (external link)

sponsored links
Kechar
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 07, 2011 11:03 |  #2

The lighting is nice (not mentioning BG and seam to floor which really isn't bad to me).

#1 don't like the bra, or whatever that is, sticking out.
#2 really don't like the armpit shot or both feet exactly together the same.
#3 is very nice to me, although her hands tucked away there is a little bothersome.

#1 and #3 are really nice shots though!

flickr (external link) KCharron.net (external link) - 5D mark III (gripped) | 24-70 2.8 VC | 85 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 70-200 2.8L
[LIGHTING: 3 Einsteins, AB400, CyberCommander, 2 VLMs w/2 spare bats, 2 64" PLMs, 24x32 softbox, 22" BD, grids and diffusers, Avenger stands and boom.]

OdinvO
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 07, 2011 11:21 |  #3

Thank you very much, yeah i'm not really that experienced in PS to shop that away, I kinda had
the same feeling about nr. 3, but I don't really see what you mean by nr. 2 ? could you explain that
some more for me please ?

Anyway, I would the best shots are, from better to worse, are 3, 1, 2, Although the view count on Flickr
is the other way around..

Odin

Gear !
Flickr! (external link)

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 07, 2011 11:23 as a reply to  @ OdinvO's post |  #4

The light in #2 is very harsh in her right side?
I think your crops in 1 and 3 are this side of tight.but I like the naturalness of #3 best out of this series.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Kechar
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 07, 2011 11:30 |  #5

It's "suppose" to be bad to shoot the armpit directly...but rules are meant to be broken of course. In #2, though, the images draws your eye to her face, as it should, but the armpit also really draws my eye as well.

The facial expression in #3 is absolutely great!!!

flickr (external link) KCharron.net (external link) - 5D mark III (gripped) | 24-70 2.8 VC | 85 1.8 | 50 1.4 | 70-200 2.8L
[LIGHTING: 3 Einsteins, AB400, CyberCommander, 2 VLMs w/2 spare bats, 2 64" PLMs, 24x32 softbox, 22" BD, grids and diffusers, Avenger stands and boom.]

djphatjive
247 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 07, 2011 13:39 |  #6

Shot 2 you have to watch the white on her shirt is is too bright. Shot 1 and 2 are really good I think. When you get that background it will go from a 8 to a 10! Pretty model too!

Canon T2i Rebel with...
Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens, Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
PowerShot SD1400 IS
www.glissmann.net (external link) Other Hobby. www.touchpadgames.com (external link)

OdinvO
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 07, 2011 15:28 |  #7

Aaah I'm not the type that follows rules... :twisted:

@ Flo : On my monitor the details are clearly visual... maybe I'll calibrate it soon

@ Thanks

@ It maybe a bit bright yeah, Can't wait for my background, I'll get a nice large space in
the house soon, so I won't have to place a model too near the background, yeah she's a
beauty ;) aaah Dutch girls...

Odin

Gear !
Flickr! (external link)

djphatjive
247 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 07, 2011 15:32 |  #8

OdinvO wrote in post #12720626 (external link)

@ Flo : On my monitor the details are clearly visual... maybe I'll calibrate it soon

@ Thanks

@ It maybe a bit bright yeah, Can't wait for my background, I'll get a nice large space in
the house soon, so I won't have to place a model too near the background, yeah she's a

Odin

I am on my laptop so it might be my computer.. lol. We all need professional gear to be critics. :)

Canon T2i Rebel with...
Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens, Canon EF-S 55-250mm lens, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
PowerShot SD1400 IS
www.glissmann.net (external link) Other Hobby. www.touchpadgames.com (external link)

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 07, 2011 15:50 |  #9

OdinvO wrote in post #12720626 (external link)

@ Thanks

Odin

I never mentioned details.I simply said that the light was very harsh on her right side;)

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 10, 2011 09:38 as a reply to  @ Flo's post |  #10

:D
A good set.

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |‚Äč

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 10, 2011 10:37 |  #11

Photo 1 has moire on her shirt probably from improper image size reduction.

Benji
Goldmember
2,203 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 10, 2011 19:19 |  #12

Since you don't follow rules they must be inconsequential so why does the huge bulging arm in # 1 and the missing right arm and the eyes crammed into the corners, plus (#2) the arm pit and weight equally placed on both feet and the dead left arm and (#3) the missing fingers on her right hand and the clenched fist of the left hand bother me and so many others? Contrary to popular opinion rules are made to be followed and broken judiciously. Had you followed the rules on these images they would have been much better.

Benji

Kechar
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 11, 2011 07:45 |  #13

^^^ Well said!

OdinvO
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 11, 2011 10:47 as a reply to  @ Kechar's post |  #14

Well I respect you feeling that way, but I make pictures for fun, and make them my own
way ;), I have already been studying those "rules" (actually more of a guideline ;)) and if
I didn't want to learn, I wouldn't be in the CRITIQUE section of a FORUM ;)

Odin

Gear !
Flickr! (external link)

Kechar
Goldmember
1,699 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 11, 2011 11:42 |  #15

OdinvO wrote in post #12739208 (external link)
Well I respect you feeling that way, but I make pictures for fun, and make them my own
way ;), I have already been studying those "rules" (actually more of a guideline ;)) and if
I didn't want to learn, I wouldn't be in the CRITIQUE section of a FORUM ;)

Odin

I've seen a few people come to this forum for critique.
There are basically two types...
1) They listen, agree or not, and take away what they can without any kind of defensive posture. They continue to learn, shoot, and post here and become a valuable part of this community offering their own critiques in good time.

2) They get offended that the group didn't go gaga over their picture and never return.

Sure, there are people all in between, but that's about it.
Advice: Try not to lean towards #2.

No one here cares if you're professional or not. Their just giving you honest, and in my opinion VERY GOOD, critique on your work. It's humbling...believe me I KNOW....I get hammered regularly and keep coming back for more because I want to improve and I know they are right.

Come here and give me hug and be a #1 with us :)

sponsored links

8,246 views & 0 likes for this thread
2nd ever shoot, Critique please :)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.