Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 14 Jul 2011 (Thursday) 02:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

35mm Film Photography

almostphotographer
39 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 14, 2011 02:05 |  #1

Hi Guys,
I know this is a Canon Digital SLR Forum, but I was just wondering how many of you still regularly shoot with Film Camera. In fact I have ordered a Voigtländer Bessa R3A with 40mm f/1.4 lens to have a try.
If you do still shoot film camera, which one are you using.
Cheers,

When There Is Nothing Left... Gear Out and SHOOT!!!
My Gear:Canon 1000D/50D/7D/5DII, Sigma 15mm f2.8, Canon 28mm f1.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 135mm L f/2, Sigma 150mm Macro f/2.8 OS, Tamron 10-24mm, Canon 24-105mm L f/4, Canon 70-200 L IS f/4, Canon 70-300L, Sigma 150-500mm

sponsored links
dzaneh
913 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 14, 2011 03:25 |  #2

look here :
https://photography-on-the.net …11&highlight=fi​lm+threads

I have a 1v and dig it.
I haven't been shooting much of anything lately we've had 20 days straight of 100 + degree days here in Ft Worth & if you ain't done shooting EARLY in the morning it's just too dang HOT!!

stuff

Arstine
145 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 14, 2011 04:26 |  #3

I shoot with my Elan 2e quite a bit still. I've got piles of Fuji B&W slide film that I've been burning through.

My camera says Canon and goes clickity clickity click.
My Flickr (external link)- (external link)Snapshots and fun pics go here.
http://www.photosbyjas​on.net (external link)

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,196 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Jul 14, 2011 07:32 |  #4

I still use my Canon EOS 3 sometimes for B&W work.

Nearly bought myself a Bessa with the 40mm a few years ago, but couldn't really justify the expense.

Kev

j37r
122 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 14, 2011 14:30 as a reply to  @ NinetyEight's post |  #5

For me it is the Canon T90, my camera bag has both that and my 350d plus a selection of FD and EF lenses in it.

The T90 does get used more than the 350d though.

John:)

Don't knock it unless you have tried it!

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 14, 2011 14:44 |  #6

Yep.. Still use my EOS 3 quite a bit.

I love taking it with me when I work with models. They always get a kick out of it, and it's just so funny to see how people react as if they have never even heard of film before :P

Especially since digital photography is still only about one decade old.
Absolutely love the ADOX CMS 20 film for B&W work. Anyone who has not tried it yet, should do so. I have to send it out of the country to get it developed, but it is worth it. Nothing I have ever seen (film or digital) gives a sharper and cleaner image.

gfontenova
66 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 14, 2011 16:01 |  #7

I shoot about 25-35% film, about evenly split between 35mm and 6x7.

The 35mm is (mostly) a Canon EOS 620, although there's a few manual focus SLRs and rangefinders thrown in there for fun.

The 6x7 is a Mamiya RB67 Pro-S.

If you're thinking about it, consider doing your own B+W processing as well. It's much easier than it sounds, and is really quite rewarding.

I'm Geoff.
I've got some cameras, some lenses, and some lights. You can see how I use them at:
My Website (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | My Blog (external link)
C&C on any of my shots is always welcomed!

OldMechanic
22 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 14, 2011 16:13 |  #8

I still shoot my AE1p but only black and white since I never learned to develop color. BW is easy and cheap.

harcosparky
Goldmember
2,425 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 14, 2011 20:23 |  #9

almostphotographer wrote in post #12755647 (external link)
Cheers,

Canon F1, and a Canon EOS-3

Paolo.Leviste
934 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 14, 2011 21:47 |  #10

If I can have my own darkroom, I can almost guarantee a 50/50 split between film and digital for myself. B&W film is fun and rewarding.

As it is now, I shoot with a T2 Rebel (rather want to upgrade it to a 1 or Elan) and about 10% film.

[Canon 5DII/30D | 24-70 f2.8L | Σ 30 f1.4 | Σ 50 f1.4 | 70-200 f4L | 580EX II ]
3.Hundred.6.SIX (external link)
SmugMug (external link)

siginu
125 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 14, 2011 22:50 |  #11

I recently got a 650 (bought for the 50mm 1.8 mk1 lens attached to it) that doesnt use an IR LED for film indexing, so I'm going to try and get some IR film to use with it. Hope it doesn't start another obsession.

[EOS30D] [Elan] [EF 50mm 1.8 I] [EF 28-105mm] [EF-S 18-55mm IS] [Sigma 100-300mm]

lightleak64
29 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 15, 2011 00:07 |  #12

I couldnt even imagine spending time shooting film anymore. I think it would be a step backwards, putting me at a disadvantage. The ability to preview images with a DSLR has become invaluable to me, allowing adjustments in composition and exposure instantly.

Please dont get me wrong about the process of film and developing, its a beautiful thing but its old. I cherish the memories of time spent in the darkroom but I feel that this time, in this day and age, would be better spent learning photoshop (the new darkroom).

If you want to read something good, there are three books "The Camera", "The Negative" and "The Print" by Ansel Adams that are definately worth reading.

flickr (external link)

Steveod
766 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 15, 2011 00:40 |  #13

EOS-1N
EOS-5
Minolta 100x
And about 20% of my shoots are film

Steveod:shock: 1D Classic,1Ds, 400D. EOS-1n, EOS-5 Minolta Autocord,Yashica-A,Yashica-mat 66 Yashica-mat 124G ,Rolleicord IV & VB ,Mamiya C3,Mamiya C33, and a heap of other gear I keep collecting and collecting,Hi I am Steve and I am a photoholic http://www.flickr.com/​photos/steveod2007/ (external link)

GregoryF
Goldmember
2,322 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 15, 2011 01:49 |  #14

I have at least 20 film cameras and still enjoy them. You can pick them up at such a fraction of their original price and of course they are ALL FULL FRAME!

6D, 5D, 7D, Eos R and too many lenses, flashes and aux. gear to list!:cool:
A simple hobby gone horribily wrong

lensbuster
34 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 16, 2011 15:23 |  #15

Cheers

Pentax K-1000

sponsored links

8,422 views & 0 likes for this thread
35mm Film Photography
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.