Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 14 Jul 2011 (Thursday) 23:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Too good to be true

zohar0
THREAD ­ STARTER
288 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 15, 2011 07:16 |  #16

SBK1 wrote in post #12762144 (external link)
+1,000,000

Why even ask ?

Wasn't sure.

6d, 17-40L, 70-200 f/4L

sponsored links
moose10101
registered smartass
1,745 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined May 2010

Jul 15, 2011 08:22 |  #17

RandyS wrote in post #12762022 (external link)
Exactly.

1: Seller has time to post 2-3 pages of info, but can't put terms of sale in there also. - check
2: Note to contact seller before making bid - check
3: Sellers "work" email account is a freebie at yahoo/gmail/hotmail/..​. - check
4: Has 10 copies of a $2500+ body that they can sell for > $1000 off - Yea. Sure.
5: Seller has high feedback numbers for things that have nothing at all to do with cameras - check

What jrbdmb said ... "C'mon people ..."

This needs to be in a "sticky", including the "C'mon people".

r34p3rex
192 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 15, 2011 08:25 |  #18

Has anyone emailed them? I'm curious to see what kind of BS terms of sale they have :p

Gripped 5DII | 24-105 f/4L | 70-200 f/2.8L | Sigma 180mm f/3.5 Macro | 430EX II
AB800 | YN-602RF | Vagabond Mini
My Feedback (on other sites): Overclock.net (external link) | Pbnation (external link)

zohar0
THREAD ­ STARTER
288 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 15, 2011 11:44 |  #19

"Hello,

This is for a BRAND NEW Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1 MP Digital SLR Body camera in original box, never opened, 1 year Canon warranty. The buy it now price is $1,550. Transaction will be handled by ebay, so we can both be protected and able to exchange feedback after transaction is successfully closed! I will offer a 14 days inspection period for the camera, so if by any reason you are not satisfied with it, you can return it against a full refund! If you do want the deal, just please email me your full name and full shipping address and I will start the transaction under eBay. You will be after receiving the invoice from eBay with further instructions on how to complete this sale.

Thank you,"

6d, 17-40L, 70-200 f/4L

csshih
196 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 15, 2011 13:51 as a reply to  @ zohar0's post |  #20

hah, listing removed.

Craig

edit: I called them and yeah - they got hacked.

Greg ­ Edge
118 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 16, 2011 09:29 |  #21

I had my account hacked several years ago. I did not know it at first. I listed a few items. Then eBay cancelled the sale. I re listed them and they cancelled the sale again. I started looking through my account and found there was listings for brand new Laptops for sale. This was before "buy it now". EBay fixed my account and removed all the scammers listings. The scammer had a different email listed in the ad and said to contact him there.

sponsored links

1,493 views & 0 likes for this thread
Too good to be true
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.