Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 07 Apr 2011 (Thursday) 20:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nik Suite On Sale

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
55,304 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 29, 2011 11:33 |  #16

Helidoc wrote in post #12677244 (external link)
Thanks David...for the info..I ordered the suite in April when it was on sale for 149.00..when dnpetti said it was on sale...about May they said if i wanted to cancel (amazon)..I said no, i will just wait..
So im either getting the run a round or something..i see its in stock at 219...kinda ticks me off..
Im gonna call customer service if i can..see whats up

Same thing here. I've had to confirm the order twice. Let me know what your call does. I was planing on doing the same.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

sponsored links
Helidoc
112 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 29, 2011 14:31 |  #17

JJ....
Called Amazon...Basically wasted my time..its a customer service person that looks at your order and says, amazon doesnt have that in stock, doesnt know when it will be in stock, says the (in) stock is from one of there sellers, in this case Adorama...so i either can cancel the order or wait...so its a waiting game i guess, 4 months is long...I think..

gjl711
55,304 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 29, 2011 14:56 |  #18

I'm sensing a bait and switch happening here.

DavidAndrew
37 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 29, 2011 16:32 |  #19

Helidoc wrote in post #12677244 (external link)
Thanks David...for the info..I ordered the suite in April when it was on sale for 149.00..when dnpetti said it was on sale...about May they said if i wanted to cancel (amazon)..I said no, i will just wait..
So im either getting the run a round or something..i see its in stock at 219...kinda ticks me off..
Im gonna call customer service if i can..see whats up

You guys will know better what you ordered, but that $149 price is amazing for the Complete suite. In fact it sounds like the Academic version price which has some strong validation such as an EDU email address (compared to Apple). Also, that link looks like one of those secondary seller links on Amazon compared to the primary one which I linked to. Best of luck.

David
Portfolio / Blog  (external link) | Flickr  (external link) | 500px  (external link) | Instagram  (external link)

Helidoc
112 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 29, 2011 21:57 |  #20

Probly what we need is some luck David..
I looked at the order and its not the EDU Version, i did get an E-mail from Amazon said they were sorry for the delay, and said it was infact back ordered, but who knows, i was thinkin to cancel the order..
but im thinking not, to make them make good on the order..but 4 months?..seems im not the only one with the order problem..i see JJ has the same issue..

gjl711
55,304 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 29, 2011 22:22 |  #21

Yup, same issue. I also checked and it sure doesn't look like the edu version to me either.

Helidoc
112 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 30, 2011 14:55 |  #22

jj..thought i would let you know..i checked on amazon..my order has been updated to august 19th..
Im going to cancel it..thats unreasonable...
Im going to order from adorama, for 219.00 while its on sale...
this is the worst i have ever dealt with amazon, and i have bought a lot of stuff from them..
My 2 cents..
Kevin

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 30, 2011 19:54 |  #23

Helidoc wrote in post #12684272 (external link)
jj..thought i would let you know..i checked on amazon..my order has been updated to august 19th..
Im going to cancel it..thats unreasonable...
Im going to order from adorama, for 219.00 while its on sale...
this is the worst i have ever dealt with amazon, and i have bought a lot of stuff from them..
My 2 cents..
Kevin

That's very strange -- items I've bought from Amazon have always been delivered very quickly -- in that regard they have been similar to B&H, but that's just been my experience. Something sounds very off with this Nik thing.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

gjl711
55,304 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 30, 2011 19:58 |  #24

It sure does. I'm sensing that they posted up a price by mistake and don't want to make good and the way they are doing it is by putting it on backorder over and over again.

Helidoc
112 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 30, 2011 20:35 |  #25

If they made a mistake, I understand that, not a problem just say so..end of story..
I get another e-mail from amazon, delayed again till Aug 19th, if i still want to cancel my order, if not, they will next day air the Nik software...they did state that the Amazon warehouse was out of stock, which is pretty obvious...I ordered from adorama, 219..said it shipped today..lol
Im wondering if i should keep the order from amazon?..see if they make good..then just sell it to a fellow Photographer...

squires
40 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 16, 2011 08:15 as a reply to  @ gjl711's post |  #26

I see the complete suit for photoshop at adorama for $400 or the lightroom suite for $219. Now to decide which one to get.

gjl711
55,304 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 16, 2011 09:22 |  #27

So I get an email today from Amazon. Instead of the "do you want to continue to wait" email, it was a "There's no way in he!! we are going to send it for that price so we are canceling the order" email. Deal gone.. No software. Oh well.

Helidoc
112 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 16, 2011 16:21 |  #28

jj...
I got the same run around, like i said, had they just stated they got the price wrong..no problem..
I ordered it thru Adorama....

gjl711
55,304 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 16, 2011 18:58 |  #29

I'm probably going to do the same.

sponsored links

4,137 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nik Suite On Sale
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.