Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 16 Jul 2011 (Saturday) 13:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma 30... smooth finish?

elmeister
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 16, 2011 13:22 |  #1

I'm getting ready to place an order for the Sigma 30mm 1.4... I just bought a 50mm last week and have been very impressed w/ the build quality and photos it is taking... so much so that i was planning to buy a 35L but i think a 30 Sigma will suffice for now plus give me some extra funds to pickup some other gear i've been looking at...

obviously, my first goal is to find a 30mm w/o focusing issues, etc... but second to that, i def. want the smooth finish (on the whole lens)... the 50 i picked up has it and it is MUCH better than the old.

so has anyone bought a 30 recently that has the smooth finish? If so, where? Would it be out of line to call B&H or Adorama to make sure i get one w/ that finish?

I know it's a little thing and i'm not *supposed* to care... but once i saw the new, i don't think i could stand the old.

-matt

Canon 60D, 430II SL, 50mm 1.8 Mk. 1, Sigma 50 1.4, 24-70L, 100mm 2.8 Macro

Aperture1.4
184 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 16, 2011 13:34 |  #2

I have the smooth and I wish I didnt. I bought it from amazon. I would like the other finish personally.

I am dealing with apple autocorrect. Excuse my spelling/random words.

JimmyDude911
772 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 16, 2011 13:35 |  #3

just got a 30 and it focused fine. as for the finish, it really doesn't matter. the old finish just flaked off after a year anyway

Canon EOS 5D Mark ii | Canon 50/1.4 |Rokinon 85/1.4 |
Leica M4-P | 40/1.4 Nokton |
Bronica ETRS | 50/2.8 | 75/2.8 |
flickr (external link)

GregoryF
Goldmember
2,317 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 16, 2011 13:41 |  #4

The lenses at B&H and Adorama should all be the new finish by now. No, it is not out of line to call and inquire about it.

6D, 5D, 7D, 50D, 40D, Xsi, PENTAX mx-1, Sony a6000, Sony a3000 too many lenses, flashes and aux. gear to list!:cool:
A simple hobby gone horribily wrong

Aperture1.4
184 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 16, 2011 14:28 |  #5

GregoryF wrote in post #12769159 (external link)
The lenses at B&H and Adorama should all be the new finish by now. No, it is not out of line to call and inquire about it.

^^^ that

I am dealing with apple autocorrect. Excuse my spelling/random words.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

831 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma 30... smooth finish?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.