Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 21 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 11:56
Search threadPrev/next

The re-use of Lingerie for shoots

boywonder27
228 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 21, 2011 11:56 |  #1

I have question and by no means is it meant to be gross, but only professional.

I have done several shoots where girls don't have matching outfits, in particular lingerie. Lingerie would seem like an investment to have around for all those times for a quick pop up shoot where girl is new and does not have anything.

1Q: So is it bad or un-professional to reuse lingerie after its been worn (panties, bras, etc.)?

Of course it would be washed after a shoot before used again, that would be obvious.

2Q: So if washed is certain way washed or chemical used or is it standard washing or sent to dry cleaning?

I have meet some girls that have said they rather not where something that was not tagged. But am curious to know if you guys in the business of glamor, and lingerie if recycle your lingerie after a shoot or just give it away. Like to know the industry standard on that.

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 6D
Canon 50mm f/1.8 - Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS USM - Canon 24-70 f/2.8 - Canon 24-105 f/4 IS - Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 17-40 f/4

Daship
765 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 21, 2011 12:56 |  #2

Lingerie should be owned by the models. You should not have it to share/reuse.

Juneb
505 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 21, 2011 13:01 |  #3

YUCK,,, NO, NO, NO, if it is important give them a lingerie budget

Canon T1i
EFS 18-55
75-300
to much to learn, to little time left to learn it

boywonder27
THREAD ­ STARTER
228 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 21, 2011 13:47 as a reply to  @ Juneb's post |  #4

OK great guys thanks.

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 6D
Canon 50mm f/1.8 - Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS USM - Canon 24-70 f/2.8 - Canon 24-105 f/4 IS - Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 17-40 f/4

Cosha
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 21, 2011 14:22 |  #5

Great question, a few times i have heard a few togs unsure, but normaly give them a budget, or pre warn them out right that you would like outfits to match!

Oh...Hello :)

charlesu
Goldmember
4,316 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Jun 26, 2011 14:42 |  #6

Some models will. Some models will not. Just ask.

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

leeport
817 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 01, 2011 09:54 |  #7

Never reuse! For me, it depends on who contacted who. If a model contacts me and requests a specific shoot with lingerie, I will ask that she brings whatever she intends to wear. If its me that contacted her for a shoot, and I have a specific lingerie style in mind, or color, or I am after a certain look, I will ask to see if by chance she already has these items and to please bring them along. If not, I will buy what I need for the shoot. After the shoot is completed, I will usually always give the model the lingerie I bought. It fits her, she is the only one wearing it, it makes her happy, and it gives her a nice incentive to shoot with me again. Just good business.

BaghdadFred
871 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 01, 2011 12:39 |  #8

Better yet post sexy non nude picture with the model wearing the bra and panties on ebay and sell it back.

Good Lingerie is not cheap, don't give it away.

Fred - Photographing everyday Military life in Iraq (external link) | SmugMug (external link)
7D | C 100-400L | Σ 70-200 2.8 OS | Σ 30 1.4 | C 10-22 | Σ 8-16 | C 17-55 2.8 IS | C 28-135 IS | 580EX II | Σ 1.4x

PosNeg
351 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 03, 2011 19:05 as a reply to  @ BaghdadFred's post |  #9

After it's worn, sell it on Ebay and recoup your cost for model fees!!

'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

(just kidding! get a grip!)

David M. Blecman
Positive Negatives
Annapolis, MD
http://www.posneg.com (external link)
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY UPCOMING WORKSHOPS

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 17, 2011 06:23 |  #10

I haven't yet had the problem of non-matching outfits. The one simple reason for this is that I ALWAYS make sure to coordinate stuff like this.

If a model is bringing her own, I will make sure to know in advance what it is and correct any potential problems.
If wardrobe is my responsibility, there is of course no chance of it not matching.

I have a fairly large wardrobe and prop collection, but no lingerie.

For more "nontraditional" stuff, I will take whatever measures I think is required.
For example, I'm currently planning a shoot for next weekend (if the weather holds). For that, every piece of clothing will have to be custom made. So I set up a meeting with the model, to retake all measurements myself and go over fabrics and colors, to make sure i get what I need.

ForbiddenArtPhotography
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 23, 2011 00:43 |  #11

Models are responsible for their own wardrobe for the shoots. I get paid to take pictures, not dress other people.

I'm a photographer, not a photo editor. What you see are the virgin photos taken from the cameras, not what Photoshop can do. Only editing performed is adding a copyright watermark.
Real photography- it's the Forbidden Art.

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 23, 2011 06:44 |  #12

ForbiddenArtPhotograph​y wrote in post #12807905 (external link)
Models are responsible for their own wardrobe for the shoots. I get paid to take pictures, not dress other people.

I fully understand your point. But that strategy only works, if you don't care what they are wearing.

Call me a control freak, but I need to know things like that. And in some cases, I need to be able to control every tiny detail.

Another thing. You really need to fix it, so you get paid for all your work. Not just the part that involves holding a camera.

Tony_A
777 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 01, 2011 10:37 |  #13

Not to hijack the thread, but what about 'thatrical quality costumes' I mean there are costume rental shops so I'm assuming this would be OK for a themed shoot... Anyone?

www.AnthonyAgresta.com (external link)
Please 'like' my Facebook Page (external link)
7d Gripped | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | EF 24-70 f/2.8L | EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS | EF 100 f2.8L Macro | EF 50 f1.4 | EF 1.4X II | EF 2.0X II | 580ex II

tfiorda
115 posts
Joined May 2005

Sep 01, 2011 12:59 |  #14

Costume do and should dry clean the clothes when they are brought back. I hope so at least. So in that case, they should be okay to use. But you'd still have to use your own lingerie!

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 02, 2011 12:15 as a reply to  @ tfiorda's post |  #15

I usually let the model keep lingerie once they've worn it and removed the tags. But there has been an occasion or 2 where I had to buy some rather expensive bikinis that I simply wasn't going to give away just because the model wore it for 20 mins. So I have washed a bikini before and re-used it in that rare circumstance. But 99% of the time I let the model keep that stuff. Besides, I think it looks tacky to shoot models in the same outfits repeatedly on shoots.

6,480 views & 0 likes for this thread
The re-use of Lingerie for shoots
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.