Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 14 Jul 2011 (Thursday) 16:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

FREE Capture One Express Promotion

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 17, 2011 16:44 as a reply to  @ post 12774309 |  #31

Two questions:

Does anyone know how to revert to a 30 day trial of Capture One Pro after registering Capture One Express? I really want to try out the Focus Mask feature. (This would be a fantastic plug-in for Lightroom!)

Can CR2 images be "developed" in bulk in DPP and then be opened with those settings in Lightroom? Would this be a way to add the "Canon color" to images before they are sent to Lightroom?

(Side note: I have been looking for a program that's faster than Lightroom for quickly sorting through piles of photos and culling out the keepers. Faststone seemed to be the best choice but I was just playing around with Bridge and found that it's just as fast and can also be configured for one-key deleting. So my new workflow will be to cull in Bridge and then import into Lightroom. Still, I can't imagine any handier feature for fast culling than that Focus Mask concept.)

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

sponsored links
isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 18, 2011 00:34 |  #32

cacawcacaw wrote in post #12774493 (external link)
Two questions:

Does anyone know how to revert to a 30 day trial of Capture One Pro after registering Capture One Express? I really want to try out the Focus Mask feature. (This would be a fantastic plug-in for Lightroom!)

You would have to track down and remove the registry key then reboot and do the trial install.

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 18, 2011 02:17 |  #33

isoMorphic wrote in post #12776953 (external link)
You would have to track down and remove the registry key then reboot and do the trial install.

Thanks, I tried but I guess I'm not finding the right registry key. It's probably hidden to make it difficult to re-start the trial period.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 18, 2011 10:53 |  #34

As to your other question, Canon embeds the RAW processing changes from DPP or ZB within the CR2, but no other programs can read it. Capture one uses either sidecar files in the Capture one folder or a new file format to save theirs.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

luciddreamer
861 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 18, 2011 11:14 |  #35

cacawcacaw wrote in post #12774493 (external link)
Two questions:

Can CR2 images be "developed" in bulk in DPP and then be opened with those settings in Lightroom? Would this be a way to add the "Canon color" to images before they are sent to Lightroom?

(Side note: I have been looking for a program that's faster than Lightroom for quickly sorting through piles of photos and culling out the keepers. Faststone seemed to be the best choice but I was just playing around with Bridge and found that it's just as fast and can also be configured for one-key deleting. So my new workflow will be to cull in Bridge and then import into Lightroom. Still, I can't imagine any handier feature for fast culling than that Focus Mask concept.)

how please, I could use that feature, thank you

materialism ~
preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.

SBK1
941 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 18, 2011 13:00 |  #36

if it's free....it's me !!

Thx for the link.

1DX|80D||200 f2L IS|300 f2.8IS|400 f2.8IS|70-200 mkII|24-70 mkII|1.4X TC iii|2.0X TC iii|600EX-RT|580EX II|2 Einsteins & AB800|
Buy/Sell Feedback on POTN
https://photography-on-the.net …p=15147375&post​count=3249

DanThoman
Goldmember
2,645 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 18, 2011 16:45 |  #37

Don't waste your time. I downloaded, installed and activated the program with no problems. However, I since I won't let imgcoreprocess access the internet the program locks up and I have to give it the 3 finger salute to end the process. imgcoreprocess is, as far as I can find out, one of those sneaky programs that keeps track of what you do (your keystrokes) on your computer and transmits it to capture one.

Dan
my gear
www.thomanstudio.com (external link)

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Jul 18, 2011 16:46 |  #38

luciddreamer wrote in post #12779010 (external link)
... one-key deleting.... how please, I could use that feature, thank you

I've rarely used Bridge, so frequent confirmation messages pop up. When I pressed Delete the first time, it asked something like, "Mark as a reject or just delete it?" and there was a check box that said something like, "Ask Every Time?" So, I told it to just delete it and never ask me again.

Then, another confirmation box appeared with something like, "Are you sure you really want to delete this file" and it also had an "Ask Every Time?" check box. After telling it not to ask either of those questions ever again, I can now trash a picture with a single press of the Delete key, and then it's on to the next image.

This works out pretty well for culling images. Bridge (like Faststone) loads the images very quickly and each image gets an arrow key (next image) or delete key (delete and then show the next image). Lightroom should be the place to do this but it takes forever to wait for each image to fully load. As it's loading, images look like they're out of focus so it's easy to mistakenly delete a good image.

A fast-moving program (like Bridge, Faststone, or Photo Mechanic) with a focus mask would really make the culling process go quickly.

tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 18, 2011 17:07 |  #39

DanThoman wrote in post #12780856 (external link)
Don't waste your time. I downloaded, installed and activated the program with no problems. However, I since I won't let imgcoreprocess access the internet the program locks up and I have to give it the 3 finger salute to end the process. imgcoreprocess is, as far as I can find out, one of those sneaky programs that keeps track of what you do (your keystrokes) on your computer and transmits it to capture one.

I highly doubt they are tracking your keystrokes

it works perfectly fine on mac for me

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

luciddreamer
861 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 18, 2011 18:09 |  #40

cacawcacaw wrote in post #12780870 (external link)
I've rarely used Bridge, so frequent confirmation messages pop up. When I pressed Delete the first time, it asked something like, "Mark as a reject or just delete it?" and there was a check box that said something like, "Ask Every Time?" So, I told it to just delete it and never ask me again.

Then, another confirmation box appeared with something like, "Are you sure you really want to delete this file" and it also had an "Ask Every Time?" check box. After telling it not to ask either of those questions ever again, I can now trash a picture with a single press of the Delete key, and then it's on to the next image.

This works out pretty well for culling images. Bridge (like Faststone) loads the images very quickly and each image gets an arrow key (next image) or delete key (delete and then show the next image). Lightroom should be the place to do this but it takes forever to wait for each image to fully load. As it's loading, images look like they're out of focus so it's easy to mistakenly delete a good image.

A fast-moving program (like Bridge, Faststone, or Photo Mechanic) with a focus mask would really make the culling process go quickly.

Thanks, that was truly a why didn't I think of that moment! doh!!

materialism ~
preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.

nikhilnh
426 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 19, 2011 06:31 |  #41

Did anybody have problems activating the software?. I am using this on a Win 7 64 bit OS and it does not even open the program in trial mode. When I try to open it in trial mode it says " Session database could not be read, error: Error". I tried googling for this error, one of the suggestions was to delete all the .col files it creates and try again. In spite of doing this it gives me the same error.

When I try to activate the software it complains about being unable to create temporary file under C: Users directory.

FLICKR [  (external link)Feedback]

T3 ­ Heavy ­ Shop
634 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 20, 2011 02:55 |  #42

tekkie wrote in post #12780990 (external link)
I highly doubt they are tracking your keystrokes

it works perfectly fine on mac for me

It was sending something from my comp as well, until I uninstalled it. I don't know what it was sending, or why, and I didn't see any mention of the program sending data in the set-up or the EULA.

I've always been a photographer, but I haven't always had a camera.
EOS M6 m2, EOS 7D m2, EOS-M, EOS 5D m2(IR 830), EOS-M(IR 720)

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 20, 2011 05:26 |  #43

nikhilnh wrote in post #12784532 (external link)
I am using this on a Win 7 64 bit OS and it does not even open the program in trial mode.

Same setup here and it installed fine so you might want to turn off your AV software.

The majority of software problems come from rootkit crapware like Norton.

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 20, 2011 09:57 |  #44

T3 Heavy Shop wrote in post #12790395 (external link)
It was sending something from my comp as well, until I uninstalled it. I don't know what it was sending, or why, and I didn't see any mention of the program sending data in the set-up or the EULA.

How do you think it activates itself and checks that your code is valid?

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

T3 ­ Heavy ­ Shop
634 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 20, 2011 10:20 |  #45

first time you use it, sure. Then it could save that data just like every program out there that doesn't need to connect to the internet to use it. But it didn't. It connected to the web, and sent info every time it was used.

I've always been a photographer, but I haven't always had a camera.
EOS M6 m2, EOS 7D m2, EOS-M, EOS 5D m2(IR 830), EOS-M(IR 720)

sponsored links

5,302 views & 0 likes for this thread
FREE Capture One Express Promotion
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.