Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Jul 2011 (Monday) 18:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EBay - Photoshop CS5 for $120

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 18, 2011 18:28 |  #1

I don't know if there is a catch in this or not, but it looks cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com …m2565c54879#ht_​1457wt_999 (external link)

sponsored links
tekkie
Goldmember
2,621 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 18, 2011 18:42 |  #2

there is no way thats legit, and with feedback of 16 I wouldn't be sending a penny, its either a hijacked account, fake reviews or someone selling illegal software

Canon 1DMKII, 7D, 5DMKII, 1D MKII
Canon 500L, 100-400L
, 70-200 2.8L, 17-40L, 24-105L, 24mm 2.8,50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 135mm 2.8 SF, 100mm Macro
Canon 430 & 580 flashes

crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jul 18, 2011 18:50 |  #3

At that price there's no way it's legit.

kjonnnn
Goldmember
1,214 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 18, 2011 18:53 |  #4

Probably won't activate.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 18, 2011 19:42 |  #5

Joined eBay on July 8 2011 and the feedback score of 16 is all from cheap purchases. Scam/bootleg software, take your pick.

Flickr (external link)

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 18, 2011 20:31 as a reply to  @ K6AZ's post |  #6

the seller's selling 2 "b76b43cb5b11880a"s for $125 each. those are probably legit.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

AlanZ
297 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 18, 2011 20:43 |  #7

No way!!

7D | Speedlite 430EX II x 3 + PixelKing | 70-200 f/2.8 II | 24-70 f2.8L | 50mm 1.8
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alanzhaonys (external link)
500px: http://alanzhao.500px.​com/ (external link)

rick_reno
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 18, 2011 21:11 |  #8

I reported it, who knows what EBay will do with it.

rick_reno
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2011 08:29 |  #9

Found this today

This listing (160621217913) has been removed, or this item is not available.

Looks like Ebay nuked it.

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,263 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 19, 2011 19:33 |  #10

Check craigslist... there's a post on my local for lightroom 3 for $40, lol. Guy says he's an instructor and he has to get new software every class, so he sells off the old software with new keys.... and its the non academic version... hmmmm, THAT seems totally legal :rolleyes: .

GEAR LIST

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 21, 2011 15:07 |  #11

The ebay photoshop listings, especially from long standing sellers with significant positive feedback are actually personal licenses purchased under the sellers employers business licensing arrangement with Adobe.

Many software companies (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.), as a part of their corporate license agreements with consumer companies offer discounted licenses of their software products to the employees of the consumer companies.

For ex. I can get Microsoft Office Professional 2010 for $10 for my personal home use under the master licensing agreement my employer has with Microsoft. This $10 MS Office license is good on following terms:
1. Valid as long as I am employed with the employer under whose mast er licensing agreement I purchased the personal license; and, that employer continues to maintain their master licensing agreement with Microsoft
2. I cannot sell or transfer this personal license to anyone else.
3. I use the license in a personal capacity and for non-professional use.

Many employees of Creatives companies get Adobe products for dirt cheap ($10 to $50) as a part of such licensing arrangements and the misguided ones try to sell these on ebay and make a quick buck.

I have been a victim twice of such adobe licenses from ebay. Installs and registers fine, but cannot get any support, live services, etc. When contacted, Adobe informed me that though the keys were genuine, the licenses were not legit, at least not for how they were being sold and used. Support was available only to the original buyer of the license and that too only under the business license that buyer's employer had with Adobe. No individual support options are available for such licenses.

I am a not a professional and my kid is in school. Few calls and chats with Adobe confirmed that my kid qualifies for a education license which can be installed on upto 2 home computers and used BY THE ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD on those computers for non-professional purposes including editing home videos and personal photos, etc.

Their edu license program is pretty liberal and any kid from a Kindergarten through college qualifies as long as the school is an accredited school by state and is on Adobe's list.

And yes, even the master collections can be purchased as a edu license for a kindergartner!!

EDIT: It's common knowledge, but since I mentioned Adobe's education licenses, I think I should also mention that these educational licenses cannot be used for professional
purposes!

sponsored links

977 views & 0 likes for this thread
EBay - Photoshop CS5 for $120
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.