Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Jul 2011 (Tuesday) 07:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Any place to get a 5DII kit with financing?

Citizen_Insane
453 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 19, 2011 07:05 |  #1

I'm looking to buy a 5D mkII with the 24-105 F/4LIS and was hoping to find somewhere that I could get it that I could pay in installments. If I could break it up into even 3 installments I could pay it off quick, it's just hard to drop $3300 all at once.

I heard QVC has financing but they don't have the 5DII in stock. Any place else?

Gear
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
SKIP754
34 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jul 19, 2011 07:20 |  #2

Goto B&H Photo and use the 'Bill Me Later' payment feature. You'll have 6 months to pay it off w/ no interest...

:cool: SKIP754
CANON EOS 5D MK3, EOS 7D
EF 17-40mm f/4L/EF 24-70mm f/2.8L /EF 70-200mm f/2.8L
CANON SPEEDLITEs/DYNALITE KIT/AB RINGFLASH

Citizen_Insane
THREAD ­ STARTER
453 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 19, 2011 07:26 |  #3

The problem is that I don't have enough credit with Bill Me Later to pay for a whole 5DII Kit. Same deal with Amazon. Am I going to find that it's impossible to get enough credit to finance? I just graduated college and got a really good job so paying isn't an problem, I just have a bit of debt right now (not all that much compared to most students) which is prob why they won't extend a huge amount of credit my way.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

x_tan
Cream of the Crop
8,151 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 19, 2011 07:38 |  #4

Just wait, nothing bad with waiting...

BTW, a nice job will get you free gold credit cards (lots); then NOT buying all fancy stuff WILL become even more important.

Canon 5D3 + Zoom (EF 17-40L, 24-105L & 28-300L, 100-400L II) & Prime (24L II, 85L II, 100L, 135L & 200 f/2.8L II; Zeiss 1,4/35)
Sony α7r + Zeiss 1,8/55 FE
Nikon Coolpix A; Nikon F3 & F100 + Zeiss 1,4/50
Retiring  (external link)

arkphotos
455 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jul 19, 2011 07:39 |  #5

If you can pay it off quick, in three installments... just save up.
If you want a camerea now, buy a used kit for cheap & sell when you have enough for the 5Dmkii.

1.6 crop & some lenses

CI_Ghost
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jul 19, 2011 07:49 |  #6

arkphotos wrote in post #12784710 (external link)
If you can pay it off quick, in three installments... just save up.
If you want a camerea now, buy a used kit for cheap & sell when you have enough for the 5Dmkii.

Yeah, there's a 7D kit with a 24-105L on Craigslist right now for a pretty good price, I was thinking of buying that if it lasts until the 1st and then selling the 7D when I can afford to upgrade.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2011 08:11 |  #7

Wait long enough and the price will come down.

Alamat
45 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 19, 2011 08:14 |  #8

U can try OneCall. They have their own card for which u can do 12 months to pay with just a minimum every month. I buy lots of pricey stuff from them, TVs, audio gear, cameras and recently a 70-200 4L IS for a good price even.

Canon 60D, Canon BG-E9, Sigma 10-20, Canon 18-135, Canon 70-200 F4 L IS, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 430EX

biggcstylez
468 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 19, 2011 08:15 |  #9

With amazon, you can buy a gift card for however much over your credit limit you need and finance up to your credit limit. They are very stingy with credit, but you should be able to finance most of it. and they give you a year no interest.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/biggcstylez/ (external link)
Gear: Canon 5D Mark II | 35 f1.4L | Σ 85 f1.4 | 135 f2L | 580EXII | 430EXII x2 |

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 19, 2011 08:17 |  #10

This could be a long shot, but have you checked your local camera stores? I know a lot of my stores here do layaway / payments per week/month if you felt like it. It's how I acquired a lot of my stuff slowly but finally got em. Just a thought.

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

jwp721
771 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 19, 2011 08:35 |  #11

Dell.com but you will regret it (the happiest day was the day I sent my last payment to them!)

John

Citizen_Insane
THREAD ­ STARTER
453 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 19, 2011 08:44 |  #12

biggcstylez wrote in post #12784839 (external link)
With amazon, you can buy a gift card for however much over your credit limit you need and finance up to your credit limit. They are very stingy with credit, but you should be able to finance most of it. and they give you a year no interest.

That's my current plan.

Vixen89 wrote in post #12784853 (external link)
This could be a long shot, but have you checked your local camera stores? I know a lot of my stores here do layaway / payments per week/month if you felt like it. It's how I acquired a lot of my stuff slowly but finally got em. Just a thought.

Local? Camera store? This is Iowa. :p But seriously, there's no way I want to pay 7.5% on a $3300 purchase.

jwp721 wrote in post #12784949 (external link)
Dell.com but you will regret it (the happiest day was the day I sent my last payment to them!)

John

I looked at dell...but no 5DII :( Oh well, if their payment plan is terrible I'd rather avoid it.

I guess I'll just wait it out and get the kit on Amazon next month. I actually have been without a camera for 2 years (sold my kit to buy guitar gear) and I'm getting antsy, it's been too long. Plus there are some events coming up that I'd really like to be able to shoot.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2011 09:08 |  #13

Citizen_Insane wrote in post #12785001 (external link)
That's my current plan.

Local? Camera store? This is Iowa. :p But seriously, there's no way I want to pay 7.5% on a $3300 purchase.

I looked at dell...but no 5DII :( Oh well, if their payment plan is terrible I'd rather avoid it.

I guess I'll just wait it out and get the kit on Amazon next month. I actually have been without a camera for 2 years (sold my kit to buy guitar gear) and I'm getting antsy, it's been too long. Plus there are some events coming up that I'd really like to be able to shoot.

Pretty expensive gear so you can shoot some events coming up. Just saying. Are there no other camera's you could live with that won't throw you in debt? The 5D is a fine box, to say the lease, but is it worth it? Owning one won't make you a professional photographer.

Sorry, it's the sense talking.

Best Regards,

David

_
My Gear is ---> Here

Citizen_Insane
THREAD ­ STARTER
453 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 19, 2011 10:03 |  #14

davidc502 wrote in post #12785129 (external link)
Pretty expensive gear so you can shoot some events coming up. Just saying. Are there no other camera's you could live with that won't throw you in debt? The 5D is a fine box, to say the lease, but is it worth it? Owning one won't make you a professional photographer.

Sorry, it's the sense talking.

Best Regards,

David

The reason I'm getting it is not to shoot the upcoming events, those are my reason for wanting it now ;)

I've decided I can't live without full frame or video capability which basically gives me one option on the whole market, the 5DII. I've shot both crop and FF digitals in the past and there's no way I'm going back to a crop. I loved the feel of the FF too much.

I'm going to be shooting a lot of rock concerts so the low light capabilities of the 5DII are going to be necessary. Basically I want to provide good free HD video (as well as nice photos) for the local music scene.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

mco_970
350 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 19, 2011 10:11 |  #15

biggcstylez wrote in post #12784839 (external link)

bw!That is a really good workaround, thanks for posting.

I have great credit, and still can't get enough credit through Amazon for a 5D2 kit. :confused: Waaaaah.

Michelle - 7D, 40 STM, 400 f/5.6, 500 f/4.5, NEX, and going Nikon FF - eager to see what 7D2 brings!

STOLEN from me in Colorado 7/6/2011: 1D3 (serial 505764),
FM feedback (external link)

sponsored links

7,404 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any place to get a 5DII kit with financing?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.