Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 04 Aug 2010 (Wednesday) 07:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Rumours - 5DMIII and 7DII

Jahled
Goldmember
1,498 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 04, 2010 15:45 |  #46

thatguy215 wrote in post #11032963 (external link)
I'm sure canon has something to say about the rumored D800 :D

They really want to; I think quite a lot of us are feeling a bit shafted by what was on the 7D and wasn't on the 5D2. The 5D3 will have to be quite an incredible FF body to keep them above water. Not to mention the silence on the 1Ds4 in the face of the Nikon D3x. I was just about to raise the anti with my gear as well, but now i'm on pause for the time being

Canon really want to get the next 5D body a bit more finely tuned, or I think there will be a rather Biblical exodus off to the other camp. The AF is simply appalling

James
Snow Leopards of Leafy London- The magic begins 5th November 20:00 hours on Animal Planet :) | Gear

sponsored links
borism
Goldmember
3,417 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 04, 2010 16:35 |  #47

I dont expect many "advances" after the 7D AF technology for a while, the 7D AF system (or something like that ) will show up on the 5D3, maybe some extended ISO and that would be it.
I dont think is going to be faster fps, or ground breaking
IMO that is more than enough for me

CANON 6D - SONY A6000

MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 11, 2010 14:18 |  #48

Here's the thing. By the time people are up into the full frame cameras, they're so entrenched into the brand and menus that it would take a lot to make someone switch.

Canon probably thinks this too.

I know that, for me, Canon will remain my brand because I know it well now, from point and shoots to the XXd series.

I still have to learn processing, printing and so much more. The last thing I want to do is learn how Nikons work.

Thank you. bw!

AdamGasson
101 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 11, 2010 14:37 |  #49

Jahled wrote in post #11033110 (external link)
...Canon really want to get the next 5D body a bit more finely tuned, or I think there will be a rather Biblical exodus off to the other camp. The AF is simply appalling

I can't ever see Canon fitting a 1D rivalling autofocus to the 5D series - weather sealing aside there'd be nothing to sway you to buy a 1Ds series camera. Especially when you can buy a pair of 5D IIs for the price of a new 1Ds III.

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Oct 11, 2010 15:02 |  #50

AdamGasson wrote in post #11076381 (external link)
I can't ever see Canon fitting a 1D rivalling autofocus to the 5D series - weather sealing aside there'd be nothing to sway you to buy a 1Ds series camera. Especially when you can buy a pair of 5D IIs for the price of a new 1Ds III.

Canon was able to get away with feature limiting the 5D2, they won't be able to do that with the 5D3.

Besides, the 1Ds4 should have more than just weather sealing to bring to the table. It's also why I believe Canon is not very far behind on the 1Ds4 release.... because they need to bring that out first and let it dictate the market for a year or so. Then in another year, the 5D3 comes out with the new AF. No issues of cannibalization then.

That's why I don't see the 5D3 coming out for quite some time... as the 1Ds4 has to come first and then it needs to have it's "alone" time on the market, before the 5D3 can come out.

So, my best guess is that the 5D3 won't see the light of day until 2012.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Oct 13, 2010 11:22 |  #51

All the rumormills have been putting the 5d3 introduction at either March or September of 2011... End of 2011 seems like a likelihood, but given out outdated the 5d2 is... I could seriously see them bumping the release date 6 months forward.

My Gearlist

Ultimate
86 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 15, 2010 13:10 |  #52

They will never give the 5d what the 7d has or vice versa. It's called the "I'm-a-business-and-I-want-to-make-money strategy". Combining the pros of both cameras means they only sell one camera. Having two cameras excel at different things means they sell two.

Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 15, 2010 13:33 |  #53

there is a big change coming from canon. why? cause its either that or its game over for them. lol. There are a lot of people out there that expect something out of new 5D or 1D. weather they want it to compete with RED or D700s or they want something completely different. Canon right now is riding the same wave as Abu Dabi. Its all good as far as they have oil but once thats out - its game over unless they have a serious game plan. Same with canon. They simply can't ride the same game of putting 6-7 year old AF into 5D3 or crippling it down so that it wont compete with 1DS4. Canon needs to sit down and redesign their cameras so they can fulfill with what different people want or need. While current canon DSLR sell like hot cakes, that is only a temporary phenomenon. what do you think will happen to 5D3 if Nikon releases a D700x with a 28mpx FF sensor and 1080p video!?
so canon needs to start from the basic and go from there, otherwise its gonna to be a bit too late. Fortunately from what I have been hearing lately canon really wants to take this camera making and customer satisfaction seriously.

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

Ultimate
86 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 15, 2010 13:51 |  #54

Sure, they will upgrade. I am saying you will never see everything that two cameras provides mashed into one.

Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 15, 2010 13:59 |  #55

Ultimate wrote in post #11103358 (external link)
Sure, they will upgrade. I am saying you will never see everything that two cameras provides mashed into one.

7D AF is very much possible but then a 28mpx FF camera will never be "Sporty" so there is no real use of that amazing AF. chances you are gonna be using your 3fps on AI servo mode are very slim. I would expect a 7D AF or something completely new designed just for 5D3. I think the 50D AF thats now in 60D will be kept for low to mid range 1.6croppers and 7D AF might be kept for middle market amateur cameras like 7D or 5D3. but ya, the point is that it will have some sort of a new AF ... I mean it just has to and its an easy fix for that as well. and if there is someone that wants 1D4 AF with high mpx FF sensor, well there is always 1Ds4. but for 99% people, 7D AF or something even simpler would be just fine.

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

Lone ­ Rider
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,349 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 19, 2011 14:26 |  #56

Both of these camera are overdue for upgrades......Japan is getting back on its feet so it shouldn't be too long now.

Trevor

MikeI
Goldmember
2,074 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 19, 2011 21:26 |  #57

MikeFairbanks wrote in post #11076261 (external link)
Here's the thing. By the time people are up into the full frame cameras, they're so entrenched into the brand and menus that it would take a lot to make someone switch.

Canon probably thinks this too.

I know that, for me, Canon will remain my brand because I know it well now, from point and shoots to the XXd series.

Not me. I've been shooting Canon for 6 years and have more gear then I should. If the 5D3 doesn't impress me, all my Canon gear will be sold and I'll order a couple D800's and a handful of lense without looking back.

Doubleshot Photography (external link) ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://phot​ography-on-the.net/forum/showpost​.php?p=3138451&postcou​nt=595"]My Gear ~~~~~ [URL="[URL]http://irel​and-photo.smugmug.com/"]Pe​rsonal Gallery

delhi
Goldmember
2,483 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 19, 2011 22:10 as a reply to  @ MikeI's post |  #58

The 5d2 came out only after Sony A900 and the D700 are both selling. Both of those two's successors are not even announced let alone on the market. So keep on waiting.
Canon is selling the 5d2 and 7d very well. There is no pressure to put out a new one until Nikon puts out a proper FF with serious MP and video capabilities to showcase the FF sensor over their cropped brethren.

I would hang out at the Nikon forums than here. Until the D800 shows up, this forum will be nothing by speculation and fantasy making.

Vancouver Portrait Photographer (external link)
No toys. Just tools. (external link) :lol:

5d3/1dx AF Guidebook | What AF Points to use for my 5d3/1dx?! (external link)

firomero
81 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jul 31, 2011 10:22 as a reply to  @ delhi's post |  #59

check out this battery pack

IMAGE: http://www.canonistas.com/galerias/data/500/la_foto6.JPG

see something strange?

Canon 7D canon 28-135 - 50mm 1.8 -tamron 17-50vc and 70-300vc and speedlite 430EX II

Cougar548
345 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 31, 2011 12:13 |  #60

firomero wrote in post #12852074 (external link)
see something strange?

Yeah, no 5D MKIII!!! :(

sponsored links

28,218 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon Rumours - 5DMIII and 7DII
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.