Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Jul 2011 (Tuesday) 17:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What is worse ??

vitacura
Goldmember
1,514 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Jul 20, 2011 11:26 |  #16

Ouch.. sorry to hear about the dead camera.

Gear & Feedback

sponsored links
madphotogirl
116 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 21, 2011 07:43 |  #17

chinorider wrote in post #12791402 (external link)
Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. Canon customer support has been great and are shipping a replacement via overnight FedEx and they are paying for the return of the DOA camera. I think that is about the best I could hope for. I wonder how well they check refurbished items before they ship them. Apparently not very well. I should have the replacement tomorrow. Another waiting game.

When there are things Canon CS can do, they are AWESOME!! Sometimes their hands get tied and there truly isn't anything they can do, then they suck!!! lol
:D

Glad they were AWESOME for you. My husband insists you don't need to charge the lit-ion batteries all the way before using, and you should have a charge on it.. Shoot honey, shoot.

I agree with the poster who said you can take a nap WITH your 7D while the battery charges.
LOL I don't sleep well when I'm "expecting" and a nap would be in order.. BTW so envious of your 7D buy...

The Madphoto Girl - www.madphotogirl.com (external link) :D
Canon 60D w/grip, Canon 18-135mm IS USD, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

madphotogirl
116 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 21, 2011 07:43 |  #18

vitacura wrote in post #12792227 (external link)
Ouch.. sorry to hear about the dead camera.

Should we give it a funeral?

The Madphoto Girl - www.madphotogirl.com (external link) :D
Canon 60D w/grip, Canon 18-135mm IS USD, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

Mark ­ II
Goldmember
2,153 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 21, 2011 07:51 as a reply to  @ madphotogirl's post |  #19

waiting on fedex .... still a chance for damage(s).

1DX7D - 40D IR converted Sony RX100,
Canon 85 L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 24-105L, 16-35mm f/2.8 II L, 100L & 60mm Macro , Fisheye EF 15mm f2.8, Tokina 10-17

chinorider
THREAD ­ STARTER
77 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 21, 2011 09:12 as a reply to  @ Mark II's post |  #20

Just got a 'robot' call from FedEx and my 7D replacement will be delivered before 10:30 am this morning. It is 7:00 am right now. Fast service from Canon.

Moved to micro 4/3 system

chinorider
THREAD ­ STARTER
77 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 21, 2011 12:47 as a reply to  @ chinorider's post |  #21

FedEx dropped off the new 7D body from Canon and I stuck the battery and memory card in, mounted the 24-70 lens, snapped a few photos, and all seems good to go. I am a happy camper now but I need to learn all the controls and functions of the 7D before I take it out for some real testing.

Moved to micro 4/3 system

HyperCams
Goldmember
1,461 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Jul 21, 2011 13:46 |  #22

SWEET!!
Congrats! sorry to hear about the issue, but is seems canon CS came through for ya!!!
I have never had a DOA camera, but plenty of DOA batt's...it happens.
it could be something VERY simple as a ribbon cable coming loose during shipping, lets face it, everytme I think of Fedex/UPS carrying one of my cameras, all I see is Jim Carrey in the opening seen of Ace Ventura.. :lol:

Good luck with the 7D, I loved mine!!! might get another... :D

Cheers!

Brent Oliver
HyperCams & Mods (external link)/Oliver Digital Images
My Flickr (external link)
Feedback and Gear

appsyscons
563 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 21, 2011 13:54 |  #23

HyperCams wrote in post #12799576 (external link)
SWEET!!
Congrats! sorry to hear about the issue, but is seems canon CS came through for ya!!!
I have never had a DOA camera, but plenty of DOA batt's...it happens.
it could be something VERY simple as a ribbon cable coming loose during shipping, lets face it, everytme I think of Fedex/UPS carrying one of my cameras, all I see is Jim Carrey in the opening seen of Ace Ventura.. :lol:

Good luck with the 7D, I loved mine!!! might get another... :D

Cheers!

Congrats....It is worth it in the end.....7D is a great body

Gear: 7D gripped | EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 10-18mm | , Nikon P530, Manfrotto legs, 496RC2 Ball Head /QR
My flickr (external link)
Upgrade wish list: EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (I or II) USM | Canon EF 1.4X (II or III)

aliengin
Goldmember
1,158 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 21, 2011 13:57 |  #24

Waiting UPS and the tracking system saying "Exception - Rescheduled Delivery" then you jump in your car and franticly chase a UPS truck.

Ali Engin Photography (external link)

oldvultureface
Goldmember
4,257 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 21, 2011 13:57 |  #25

chinorider wrote in post #12799239 (external link)
... but I need to learn all the controls and functions of the 7D before I take it out for some real testing.

Then you'll be back in a couple of months? :)

sponsored links

1,817 views & 0 likes for this thread
What is worse ??
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.