Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 16 Jun 2011 (Thursday) 19:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

canon 15-85 softness left side of images

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 17, 2011 16:07 |  #16

I wouldn't care if the seller accepts it back or not--I'd know I have the legal right to return it. Seller misrepresented it, so I would have it sent back. CC protections would back you the entire way. If you want to take on a headache and sizable cost just because you feel squeamish about it... well, that's your choice. I wouldn't feel bad about it in the least. If someone tries to screw me over, they're not going to hear the end of it.

My Gearlist

dissident
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 21, 2011 19:08 |  #17

I agree with you on that, however I place some of the blame on myself for not being diligent in catching it, and waiting so long also. In any case, I got it back today and it's in pristine shape... along with fixing the error, they cleaned it out and there's nary a speck of dust to be found.

Their description of the problem:

"it was found that the lens assembly did not operate properly causing the focus to operate improperly. The lens assembly was replaced and product functions were confirmed. Other inspection and cleaning were carried out"

I paid about 100 bucks under typical new retail on ebay, and it cost 150 to send it in for the work they did, so in the end I get a canon inspected and cleaned lens for 50 bucks over retail. I'll stomach that.

Here's one shot I just took under some somewhat overcast skies quickly to test out. F/5.6 here.

http://static.panorami​o.com/photos/original/​56092909.jpg (external link)

Canon T2i | Battery Extender | Canon EF-S 15-85mm | Tamron AF 70-300mm VC USD | Nifty Fifty Mark 1

MilesW
240 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 21, 2011 21:02 |  #18

See if I was the seller and did not notice this issue and it has been 60 days I would be very reluctant to take back the lens. Especially if the sellers rating is high on ebay.

20D Canon EFS 17-85IS, 70-2001:4 L IS, Macro 100 F2.8, Canon 50 1.4Canon ext EF 1.4X II

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 21, 2011 21:20 |  #19

MilesW wrote in post #12801711 (external link)
See if I was the seller and did not notice this issue and it has been 60 days I would be very reluctant to take back the lens. Especially if the sellers rating is high on ebay.

Doesn't matter if you're reluctant. The law (and credit card protections) are on the side of the buyer. If you don't approve of the risks, be wary of paypal.

My Gearlist

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

3,870 views & 0 likes for this thread
canon 15-85 softness left side of images
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.