Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 28 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 05:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

cc please!!

json05
20 posts
Joined May 2011

Jun 28, 2011 05:42 |  #1

cc please

IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/5877971777_0a912e931f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/json_05/5877971​777/  (external link)
flower (external link) by captured7 (external link), on Flickr

sponsored links
Ebwly
570 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jun 28, 2011 06:18 |  #2

where are you focusing? seems to be a bid OOF in general...was it taken using a macro lens? it should be very sharp if so.

7D, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 50 f1.4

Iguanasan
53 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 28, 2011 07:18 as a reply to  @ Ebwly's post |  #3

The image does seem a bit soft and at 1/80 of a second the softness could be due to camera movement. A tripod or faster shutter speed might have helped here.

The image is a fair bit over-exposed. Many of the petals are blown and have lost all detail. A faster shutter speed may have helped with this as well.

The composition has the right feeling but seems a bit off to me as the flower almost seems to be tilted down and to the right so having it in the bottom right corner kind of drags my eye off the image. I think it would have been better in the upper left.

Hope this helps. :)

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 28, 2011 07:23 |  #4

+ one on being a little soft.

Gear List | Feed Back | My Site (external link)
YN RF-603 O-ring solution

corkneyfonz
Goldmember
2,477 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 28, 2011 10:37 |  #5

The petal detail looks fine on my monitor. However, I would concede that it doesn't appear to be tack sharp.

My Flickr (external link)

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Jun 28, 2011 11:19 as a reply to  @ corkneyfonz's post |  #6

It is soft, and a little underexposed to me....I love Mums...;) I actually have photos very similar to this one.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Iguanasan
53 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 28, 2011 17:12 |  #7

Iguanasan wrote in post #12670042 (external link)
The image does seem a bit soft and at 1/80 of a second the softness could be due to camera movement. A tripod or faster shutter speed might have helped here.

The image is a fair bit over-exposed. Many of the petals are blown and have lost all detail. A faster shutter speed may have helped with this as well.

The composition has the right feeling but seems a bit off to me as the flower almost seems to be tilted down and to the right so having it in the bottom right corner kind of drags my eye off the image. I think it would have been better in the upper left.

Hope this helps. :)

Wow, sorry. I apparently shouldn't jump in and critique from the laptop at the office. This is not over exposed at all. Sorry.

tk1138
294 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 29, 2011 01:10 |  #8

The flower is slightly cut off on three sides. I'm not sure if that's a big deal or not, so I'll ask, how important is it to have the whole subject in the frame?

Iguanasan
53 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 25, 2011 14:04 |  #9

tk1138 wrote in post #12675335 (external link)
The flower is slightly cut off on three sides. I'm not sure if that's a big deal or not, so I'll ask, how important is it to have the whole subject in the frame?

Sorry, it's been like forever since I have had a chance to get back here... Google+ totally distracted me!

I've seen many crops that cut off bits of the subject here and there. It's all about how you feel about it. Composition can be tricky as there's a lot of artistry involved. Sorry, I'm not sure I'm explain this well. I have a shot, for instance, where you only see half of a sunflower but artistically, this is what I had intended and it worked. At least, it worked for me.

I hope this helps!

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 25, 2011 16:26 |  #10

Any image lacking in interest should at least be technically good.

David

David

Frugal
784 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 25, 2011 18:22 as a reply to  @ Woodworker's post |  #11

Any image lacking in interest should at least be technically good.

bw!

Richard
Gear

sponsored links

1,468 views & 0 likes for this thread
cc please!!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.