Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Feb 2008 (Wednesday) 17:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1D Classic Lovers !!!

FCMR
167 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 28, 2011 14:01 |  #6526

It certainly is a great capture

1D classic (2x) ~ 1Ds classic ~ 7D ~ S95
Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD ~ EF 50 f/1.8 II ~ EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM ~ EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS ~ EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS kit lens ~ Tamron SP 17-35mm F2.8-4 ASPH LD ~ Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM

sponsored links
hemmings
445 posts
Joined May 2009

Jul 29, 2011 00:10 |  #6527

EOS-100-10-1D wrote in post #12837581 (external link)
Regular contributer to this thread "Hemmings" has a 1Dc photo in his Thread "Deer outside our motel patio window". [https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​t=1072986] that's well worth a look! It's a good capture in my opinion.

Thanks for putting that up bud!;)
Here's one more of the Deer and also a pic of the beach in Ocean Shores Washington state.
What a beautiful place.:)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

canons900
Goldmember
1,053 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 29, 2011 11:00 |  #6528

Shot my last game a week or so ago. It was a long season, but I had fun shooting it and learned quite a bit along the way.

Let me know what you think of these. All shot with the 1d Classic, Sigma 100-300mm F4, iso was at 400 and SS varied depending on lighting conditions. All are cropped for web.

Now I am on to soccer. Will post some of those soon.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5978243350_01f382a0e1_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6024/5977683737_67d5297944_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6009/5977684033_78cfcbe279_z.jpg

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6147/5978245042_b8410e2daa_z.jpg

Thanks

Scott

EOS-100-10-1D
265 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 29, 2011 11:10 |  #6529

canons900 wrote in post #12843152 (external link)
Shot my last game a week or so ago. It was a long season, but I had fun shooting it and learned quite a bit along the way.

Let me know what you think of these. All shot with the 1d Classic, Sigma 100-300mm F4, iso was at 400 and SS varied depending on lighting conditions. All are cropped for web.

Now I am on to soccer. Will post some of those soon.

Thanks

Scott

Good series, I like 1 & 4 most.

EOS5D MkII, EOS1D MkII, EOS10D. EF 17-40 f4L, EF 24-105 f4L, EF 50mm f1.8 MkI, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF 70-200f4L, EF 300mm f4L, EF 1.4X Extender. 270EX, Metz 45 CL3

goonico
199 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 30, 2011 07:00 |  #6530

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

Flickr (external link)
mY bLoG (external link)

goonico
199 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 30, 2011 09:48 |  #6531

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Flickr (external link)
mY bLoG (external link)

1Dclassic
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 30, 2011 11:46 |  #6532

Hi,

I've been mostly a Nikon user, but have admired the EOS-1D since it came out (for its fluidity and refinement over the equivalent Nikons), and am considering purchasing a used one in the future (not right now though).

The thing is, I was talking with an independent camera repair technician who does a lot of work on professional DSLR bodies (I recently had to have a Nikon body repaired). I asked him about the availability of parts for the original EOS-1D. He told me that it has been much harder to get parts for it than for the equivalent Nikons. Now, I don't know if this is a known issue, or just a temporary supply issue due to the earthquakes, or what. Anyone care to weigh in with experiences repairing this model of camera? I did hear also that Canon service no longer supports the original EOS-1D. Perhaps they stopped making some parts, too? I would like to buy a 1D if possible (maybe 6 months from now) but I won't buy one if it is truly that hard to get replacement parts these days.

Virto
Goldmember
1,647 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jul 30, 2011 12:06 |  #6533

1Dclassic wrote in post #12848261 (external link)
Hi,

I've been mostly a Nikon user, but have admired the EOS-1D since it came out (for its fluidity and refinement over the equivalent Nikons), and am considering purchasing a used one in the future (not right now though).

The thing is, I was talking with an independent camera repair technician who does a lot of work on professional DSLR bodies (I recently had to have a Nikon body repaired). I asked him about the availability of parts for the original EOS-1D. He told me that it has been much harder to get parts for it than for the equivalent Nikons. Now, I don't know if this is a known issue, or just a temporary supply issue due to the earthquakes, or what. Anyone care to weigh in with experiences repairing this model of camera? I did hear also that Canon service no longer supports the original EOS-1D. Perhaps they stopped making some parts, too? I would like to buy a 1D if possible (maybe 6 months from now) but I won't buy one if it is truly that hard to get replacement parts these days.

Canon no longer services the 1D. Parts are available on eBay and such, but for mirror box failures and such, Canon no longer stocks the parts.

Kelly - EOS 5D - EOS 40D - Rebel XS - EOS 10D - EOS 1D - SX230 - AE-1 - OM-1n - Minolta Himatic7 - EOS-1N
ABR800 - Several flashes, remote triggers, stands, too many and yet not enough lenses

1Dclassic
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 30, 2011 12:24 |  #6534

Virto wrote in post #12848325 (external link)
Canon no longer services the 1D. Parts are available on eBay and such, but for mirror box failures and such, Canon no longer stocks the parts.

So how have people managed to have shutters, mirrors, etc repaired in recent years when necessary? It's not a matter of if, but when a part will fail if the camera is used frequently. I'm not about to give up on owning a 1D just yet.

Tadaaa
926 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 30, 2011 13:25 |  #6535

1Dclassic wrote in post #12848387 (external link)
So how have people managed to have shutters, mirrors, etc repaired in recent years when necessary? It's not a matter of if, but when a part will fail if the camera is used frequently. I'm not about to give up on owning a 1D just yet.

Well, if it breaks just buy another one for $300... That's what I paid for mine and it's probably cheaper than fixing it anyway.

- 1D & G9 & Sigma DP1 & Nikon D800 -

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 30, 2011 13:54 |  #6536

A new body costs less than a shutter replacement, so I don't see any reason to worry.
And those things are hard to kill. Believe me, I have tried :P

On a more serious note.. My 1 failed me today :(
I have just been going through the photos from today's shoot (I always bring my 1Dc and switch between cameras) and out of the 500 or so photos from that camera, there is one that is out of focus :O
Had it on AI servo and continuous high the whole time and it actually missed a shot.

It's very hard not to love that camera when this sort of thing comes as a surprise :)

1Dclassic
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 30, 2011 14:17 as a reply to  @ quiksquirrel's post |  #6537

So are 1D bodies really not repairable anymore due to lack of replacement shutters and other common parts?! No one anywhere has parts stocked? And no 1D parts are interchangeable with any 1D II, 1D III, or 1D IV parts?

How about 1D II, II N, and 1Ds II....repairable still?

This cannot be true that it's nearly impossible. I'd like to hear from people who have had repairs done recently and successfully. If there is no one, I will believe it.

Goonish
66 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 30, 2011 14:25 |  #6538

1Dclassic wrote in post #12848820 (external link)
So are 1D bodies really not repairable anymore due to lack of replacement shutters and other common parts?! No one anywhere has parts stocked? And no 1D parts are interchangeable with any 1D II, 1D III, or 1D IV parts?

This cannot be true. I'd like to hear from people who have had repairs done recently.

Doesn't make much sense to pay more than $300 for a repair if picking up another 1D will cost you just as much. I'd imagine the cost of replacing the shutter (parts and labor), considering the rarity of the part and finding a 3rd party technician that will do it, it'll run you more than $300.

1Dclassic
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 30, 2011 14:59 |  #6539

Goonish wrote in post #12848844 (external link)
Doesn't make much sense to pay more than $300 for a repair if picking up another 1D will cost you just as much. I'd imagine the cost of replacing the shutter (parts and labor), considering the rarity of the part and finding a 3rd party technician that will do it, it'll run you more than $300.

My recent Nikon shutter replacement was under $300. There was no way I was going to find another body in as good shape for that amount. Then again, the part was readily available.

What's the going rate for EX+ or like new 1D bodies outside of KEH (which wants $550-600)?

goonico
199 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jul 30, 2011 15:13 |  #6540

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Camera used: Canon Canon EOS-1D
Focal length: 35.0 mm f.2
Aperture: f/2.0
Exposure time: 1/320
Lens F-Number: f/2.0
ISO: 200

Flickr (external link)
mY bLoG (external link)

sponsored links

1,213,110 views & 33 likes for this thread
-=1D Classic Lovers !!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.