Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
Thread started 04 May 2010 (Tuesday) 12:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Time to Vote for Volume 4 of the Great POTN Photo Book

this thread is locked
Cotmweasel
995 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 27, 2011 08:17 |  #196

Mike wrote in post #12819740 (external link)
I'm on the team and have been working through one of the sections as PA, but I have had a family bereavement recently so all came to a stop...hopefully I'll be able to get going on it again soon...

Sorry to hear that Mike :(

-Dave
Equipment List:Canon Rebel XTi, Canon 7D, EF-S 18-55mm (Kit lens), EF 28-135mm IS, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM, Carl Zeiss 50mm f/1.7 Planar T* (converted to canon), EF 70-200mm F/4 L, EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro, 430EX, MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite Flash.
My flickr page http://www.flickr.com/​photos/cotmweasel/ (external link)

sponsored links
Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 30, 2011 14:53 as a reply to  @ Cotmweasel's post |  #197

I just discovered that I currently am not able to update the Wildlife gallery with all of the changes that I have made (perhaps an expired password). I have had a number of requests for thing that ranged from name changes to description changes to grammar and spelling corrections. I have finally gotten a definitive set of page layout requirements from Blurb -- they have a new Adobe InDesign plugin and since I am using InDesign, that was the perfect solution for me. I think that what we have been using would work, but the template that they provide is a bit more precise and eliminates any ambiguity. Anyway, I am awaiting resolution on being able to upload updates. After that I plan to assist in other areas as needed.

UPDATE: Problem solved with Ed's help. The Wildlife Proof Gallery has now been finalized and all requested changes have been incorporated. :D

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

ChrisGorabPhotography
Goldmember
1,572 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jul 31, 2011 18:06 as a reply to  @ Bill Boehme's post |  #198

Bill, thanks for making the edits.

-Chris (also formally known as "imtrashed" if searching feedback thread)
GEAR LIST/FEEDBACK

Steezy303
270 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 31, 2011 18:09 |  #199

I've got one in Urban with no notification. PM info please

Joe Flickr (external link) US ARMY/ AFGHANISTAN, been there done that - OEF X-XI
1D Mark III, 1D Mark II

dilorenzo1954
Cream of the Crop
5,563 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 31, 2011 21:08 |  #200

Steezy303 wrote in post #12854044 (external link)
I've got one in Urban with no notification. PM info please

Urban is not finished yet. I'm working on this share myself. All emails for proofing will go out once the shares are finished and entered into the proof gallery

Ed

Ed

“A photograph is usually looked at- seldom looked into.” ~Ansel Adams

Steezy303
270 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 31, 2011 21:09 as a reply to  @ dilorenzo1954's post |  #201

Thanks for the reply Ed. :)

Joe Flickr (external link) US ARMY/ AFGHANISTAN, been there done that - OEF X-XI
1D Mark III, 1D Mark II

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 09, 2011 20:09 as a reply to  @ Steezy303's post |  #202

BTW, I uploaded the Landscape Gallery proof pages a couple days ago. Notification was sent out to all those who had images in that section. If you did not receive notification, it could mean one of three things:

1. Your email program may be set up to block mail that is being sent to you as a blind carbon copy.
  2. Your email address has changed from early last year.
  3. Your image wasn't selected for publication.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.

Barb ­ W
Goldmember
1,590 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 09, 2011 20:16 |  #203

I have one in pets, people, wildlife and signature in nature.....no notifications

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 10, 2011 11:42 |  #204

Barb W wrote in post #12906796 (external link)
I have one in pets, people, wildlife and signature in nature.....no notifications

I sent you an email response.

I did not mention the Nature section in the email, but I know that it is still being worked on.

Barb ­ W
Goldmember
1,590 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 10, 2011 12:12 |  #205

Thanks again Bill :)
BTW are you doing ok with this heat? Try to stay cool :)

Stark
145 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 10, 2011 12:27 |  #206

Bill Boehme wrote in post #12906752 (external link)
BTW, I uploaded the Landscape Gallery proof pages a couple days ago. Notification was sent out to all those who had images in that section. If you did not receive notification, it could mean one of three things:

1. Your email program may be set up to block mail that is being sent to you as a blind carbon copy.
  2. Your email address has changed from early last year.
  3. Your image wasn't selected for publication.

Hi, I should have an image in the landscape gallery but have not received an email - Bcc or changed my address. could you please advise?

Regards,

Nick

5D, 24-105 F4L, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro, Speedlite 580 mkII

Wedding Photography in Essex (external link)Portrait Photography in Essex (external link)

Goincarcrazy
Goldmember
2,961 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Aug 10, 2011 14:46 as a reply to  @ Stark's post |  #207

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I have one in macro I've still not heard about. I read above that nature hasn't been wrapped up so I'll wait patiently on that one. Just checking in with that as it seems like everyone else is as well.

Thanks for all your hard work guys! I can't wait to see the finished product!

More Photos:Flickr (external link)

Canon 5D Mark II - Canon 50D - 24-70mm L f/2.8 - 100-400mm L IS f/4.5-5.6 - 50mm f/1.4 - MP-E 65mm Macro - 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro - 600mm L f/4 IS - 1.4x Teleconverter - Kenko Extension Tubes - Speedlight 430EX - MT-24EX Twin-Lite

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 10, 2011 14:56 |  #208

Stark wrote in post #12910613 (external link)
Hi, I should have an image in the landscape gallery but have not received an email - Bcc or changed my address. could you please advise?

Regards,

Nick

Email was sent on August 8, 2011 at 6:15 PM CST. Perhaps email has to travel across the ocean by boat. Send me a PM and verify your email address and I will try again.

One other thought is that many ISP's use some rather heavy handed filtering in order to reduce spam. My ISP, Time-Warner, arbitrarily blocks a number of other domains -- the same might be true of your's.

-g-
Horribly disfigured but learning to cope
12,517 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 10, 2011 17:03 |  #209

Bill, I got your email and responded. Email bounced back, PM inbox was full. Everything looks ok for my photo.

Thanks.

Flickr (external link)--------------- Facebook (external link)--------------- Web (external link)--------------- Twitter (external link)
GENO.CA - Vancouver wedding photographer

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 10, 2011 22:34 |  #210

-g- wrote in post #12912179 (external link)
Bill, I got your email and responded. Email bounced back, PM inbox was full. Everything looks ok for my photo.

Thanks.

I have been trying to no avail to get my PM mailbox limit increased because of the very large amount of PM that is necessary for working on this project. It would be a huge PITA to download all of my PM messages because many of them have links or other important information that I do not want to archive.

I deleted a few messages that I thought that I could possibly do without (at least until I discover that I really did need them), After that I received your PM. I also received the email that you sent on Monday. My PM mailbox is once again almost full.

sponsored links

59,956 views & 0 likes for this thread
Time to Vote for Volume 4 of the Great POTN Photo Book
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.